Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the detailed response! Good to know about the sway setting too, I didn't realize that was a thing. Based off my limited knowledge the only things I could think of that may be worth the factory install would be a transmission cooler or upgraded alternator, but if that's not the case I'll probably forego that package then and install myself when I find myself needing to tow. That'll be a few hundred bucks towards the upgraded hard top instead. (y)
Trailer sway control is standard on the Bronco Base. So they aren't locking it out. I'll mostly use the hitch to mount a cargo rack, so I'm not interested in paying $600 for that factory installed option. The largest thing I'll ever tow is a small utility trailer.
Sponsored

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trailer sway control is standard on the Bronco Base. So they aren't locking it out. I'll mostly use the hitch to mount a cargo rack, so I'm not interested in paying $600 for that factory installed option. The largest thing I'll ever tow is a small utility trailer.
My plan exactly— cargo rack since I’m going with the 2 door.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My plan exactly— cargo rack since I’m going with the 2 door.
Do you know which one you are getting? The Pakmule Sway Back looks amazing but it's $795. I know it's solid aluminium TIG welded in the US, but that is still a lot of money. I wish there was something in between the $100-$200 garbage racks on Amazon and the Pakmule.

Here's the Pakmule Sway Back:

https://pakmule.com/product/pakmule-sway-back/

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anybody know what’s included in the towing package $600 seems like a very high price for just a 2 inch receiver hitch and wiring

No one knows what is included in the package. $600 should be more than a hitch and a plug. The wiring harness should be the same with or without the package, so adding the plug should be minimal. Maybe an oil or transmission coiler?

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh awesome, that's good to know. Same thing here, cargo rack or bike rack most likely, but the capability for a small utility or cargo trailer would be nice for potential long distance moves in the future.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems cheap to make it ready for a bike hauler. Especially since fitting them inside the 2 door isn't looking good

Could you get it cheaper from u-haul or something? Probably, but it's convenient to just have it ready from the start

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems cheap to make it ready for a bike hauler. Especially since fitting them inside the 2 door isn't looking good

Could you get it cheaper from u-haul or something? Probably, but it's convenient to just have it ready from the start

To me, seems expensive for something I can easily do in an evening for around $150, if it's the plug and hitch only.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping for that price it has something else....maybe a hitch camera or something, otherwise, it isn't worth it at all, unless they lower the price considerably. I need it to tow my boat, I'm gonna need a towing package of some sort.

dcdtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Escape, 18 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm hoping for that price it has something else....maybe a hitch camera or something, otherwise, it isn't worth it at all, unless they lower the price considerably. I need it to tow my boat, I'm gonna need a towing package of some sort.
I’m wondering if it is packaged with aux switches like the Wrangler?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The answer has been posted on this site for a while from the Q&A with Ford.

Q: Will the Base model Bronco be available with a tow package?
A: It's not available on the Base Bronco, but can be purchased as an aftermarket accessory.

Q: Is the max towing on the 4 door Bronco 3500 lbs or is it still being tested with the tow package?
A: Max available towing is 3500 lbs.

Q: What is included in the tow package? Do broncos without a tow package still include a hitch?
A: Trailer tow package comes with an optional 2" receiver hitch and trailer wiring connector.

Sponsored

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I quizzed a friend of mine that recently ordered and purchased a Flex with a tow package...he replied that his Flex had wiring and receiver, but also had a larger trans cooler and possibly larger brakes...his vehicle is too new for us to check out the brakes, but he complained to the sales department at his dealer that it was missing a front "splitter" ...sales confirmed that the splitter on the Flex was omitted to make room for the trans cooler...on the Bronco, I sure hope they do something like that ( bigger trans cooler and bigger brakes) for the $600...can't see paying $600 for a wiring harness and receiver.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd been planning on getting the tow package, but seeing as my car and trailer will end up over the tow rating, I might just forego it and use that towards another option I can't add on later. If I need it, I'll go aftermarket.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't forget it is currently only good for 3500lbs so depending on what your boat and trailer are, and what you'll have in the Bronco while towing it, you may not be able to use the Bronco for that anyways. There's another thread with a poll about desired tow rating to make your voice heard if you need more.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget it is currently only good for 3500lbs so depending on what your boat and trailer are, and what you'll have in the Bronco while towing it, you may not be able to use the Bronco for that anyways. There's another thread with a poll about desired tow rating to make your voice heard if you need more.
Lol, the boat is LIGHT, it's big, but its aluminum, if it had a tow package, I'd use my escape no questions asked.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This picture makes it look like a very easy aftermarket bolt-on and certainly not worth $600 to avoid doing it myself.
Sponsored