Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you don't need it right away, I'm sure there will be some factory ones for sale once aftermarket rear bumpers come out.
Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think its $400...but still pretty pricey for those two items....and as far as I know that is it.......not even a heavy duty trans cooler...........
No....its a $595 option

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope... it's pretty established that all you are getting for your money is a Class II hitch, with a 2" receiver and a pre-wired trailer plug.
Wouldn't there have to be a trans cooler and heavier springs for a tow package. That's what most factory tow packages consist of

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't there have to be a trans cooler and heavier springs for a tow package. That's what most factory tow packages consist of
You'd think so, but what we've heard from FoMoCo during Q&A sessions is that's not the case for the "currently offered" tow package,

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe the thinking is things like trans coolers, batteries, and alternators are already standard (or the Bronco doesn't need them) for towing.

So you are just getting the actual towing components only. We even believe it may come with pre wiring for a trailer brake (At least the Ford One).

Might explain why Towing package is not allowed on the Base...maybe the rest get a little something extra (but I doubt it)

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'd think so, but what we've heard from FoMoCo during Q&A sessions is that's not the case for the "currently offered" tow package,
Crazy. I also read not wired to a brake controller like the f150s. 🤨

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe the thinking is things like trans coolers, batteries, and alternators are already standard (or the Bronco doesn't need them) for towing.

So you are just getting the actual towing components only. We even believe it may come with pre wiring for a trailer brake (At least the Ford One).

Might explain why Towing package is not allowed on the Base...maybe the rest get a little something extra (but I doubt it)
In the updated B/P it says brake controller not included.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the updated B/P it says brake controller not included.
No..not the Brake Controller... We are talking about the Brake Controller WIRING.

As I think it was Danger that pointed out, the Ford Catalog for the Oem brake controller specifies that the Factory Tow package is required...the assumption is that the factory Tow package provides wiring so that you can just plug and play Ford's Brake Controller (that is not included)

After all, it comes with a 7pin plug..those wires are going somewhere ;)

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No..not the Brake Controller... We are talking about the Brake Controller WIRING.

As I think it was Danger that pointed out, the Ford Catalog for the Oem brake controller specifies that the Factory Tow package is required...the assumption is that the factory Tow package provides wiring so that you can just plug and play Ford's Brake Controller (that is not included)

After all, it comes with a 7pin plug..those wires are going somewhere ;)
Oh...ok....got it. That makes me feel better......but you'd think that the damn controller would come with a "TOW PACKAGE"! 😁

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's not allowed on base purely to push people up trim. If I remember correctly, you can spec the tow package on base if it's a fleet/.gov order.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh...ok....got it. That makes me feel better......but you'd think that the damn controller would come with a "TOW PACKAGE"! 😁
you'd think there was something besides the hitch and wire to call it a "package" that's for sure, but it doesn't appear so.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's not allowed on base purely to push people up trim. If I remember correctly, you can spec the tow package on base if it's a fleet/.gov order.
and all the trims have trailer sway control as well, base included. So another reason for me to agree it's just to encourage people to option up. 100% I'll be adding mine aftermarket.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a head scratcher. I don’t want to rehash class iI vs. III again, but it also specifies its class II which is pretty weak on tongue weight for bigger racks and such. I am hoping for an aftermarket bumper and class III hitch soon after release. Typically the aftermarket makes a nice plug in harness quickly as well.
Sponsored