Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I’m just storing a ground tent and sleeping system up there in a Thule box. Should be fine. Thank you!
I suggest you keep the crossbars installed. I have a generic cargo box which I install close to the passenger side--easier access to my stuff. Keeping the cross bars 1)on the bottom helps support the box's weight and stabalizes things, and 2) I have about half the width of the roof (and Trmx), which I use to store recovery gear, which for me is my recovery boards, a farm (high) jack, an axe, and other stuff.

Trailrax: in this (or some other) thread, maybe a half year ago, I suggested a ladder accessory. Now I say: "Never mind!" With more experience, I find if I just step from the rear door threshold up to the rear tire, I can reach most anything on the roof of my 4DR. I'm 76--But I might be asking for a roof ladder in ten years.
Sponsored

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suggest you keep the crossbars installed. I have a generic cargo box which I install close to the passenger side--easier access to my stuff. Keeping the cross bars 1)on the bottom helps support the box's weight and stabalizes things, and 2) I have about half the width of the roof (and Trmx), which I use to store recovery gear, which for me is my recovery boards, a farm (high) jack, an axe, and other stuff.

Trailrax: in this (or some other) thread, maybe a half year ago, I suggested a ladder accessory. Now I say: "Never mind!" With more experience, I find if I just step from the rear door threshold up to the rear tire, I can reach most anything on the roof of my 4DR. I'm 76--But I might be asking for a roof ladder in ten years.
I have as many crossbars as I can fit on there. All minus 2.

Demon4x4

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
demon4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone done anything like a third brake light (and possibly reverse lights) mounted to the rear crossbar? I think I'd like to do that rather than extending the factory one and blocking more of the rear window (after adding 37s).

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone done anything like a third brake light (and possibly reverse lights) mounted to the rear crossbar? I think I'd like to do that rather than extending the factory one and blocking more of the rear window (after adding 37s).
We have seen customers add chase lights and like a baja designs rear bar with turn signals. Not 100% how it is done but it has been done.

Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did the Morimoto 5-stop. I removed the OEM third brake light for the AAL Spare Tire Platform, so I ran the wire to a new plug pigtail and used the OEM wire. Goes behind spare tire and along tailgate by the hammerbuilt brace, and up the side of the top next to the window inside some adhesive mounted KC universal wire hider (rubber conduit). I broke up the cable to the light with one more plug to enable the light and bar section to be disconnected and removed easily. The wire across from the side to the light is hidden in the crossbar channel via some black T-slot cover (25-s)

The Morimoto light itself is mounted using 2x of the 25-4132-Black, 25 Series 2 Hole Inside Corner Gusset Bracket, Black Anodize got from Amazon.

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_1206

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_1199

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_1200

Well these last few pics were tonight with a flashlight in one hand but you get the idea.

Braptorx

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2020 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a chance to install mine yesterday and wow! Everything from the packaging to the fit and finish was just amazing. I managed to fit my Thule Force XT XL and my Gazelle T4 tent on the roof using American Adventure Lab's Sleeper Keeper! This freed up so much space in the cargo box.

I also installed AAL's spare tire cargo carrier. So far I'm happy with the looks. The shakedown trip is next week. I am also waiting on a few more RotoPax containers and recovery boards to arrive.

Thanks, TrailRax for such a great product. If I can make one tiny suggestion, it would be to have extra mounting holes on either side of each aluminum extrusion crossbar, so that certain customers can change the spacing between each crossbar. I would like to move my Thule box about 3-4 inches to the rear, but it is not physically possible unless I drill additional holes into the roof rack. Otherwise, fantastic product.

Thanks,

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco IMG_1210

Hi, can you tell me what fittings and hardware you used to mount the aal sleeper keeper. Thanks

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, can you tell me what fittings and hardware you used to mount the aal sleeper keeper. Thanks
Hi,
Everything came with it. 4 bolts and t-nuts hold them to crossbars. Super simple install.

Braptorx

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2020 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi,
Everything came with it. 4 bolts and t-nuts hold them to crossbars. Super simple install.
Thanks, did the t nuts slip into the channel or did you have to remove the cross bar and slide along to install? My rack is already fitted.

Sponsored

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, did the t nuts slip into the channel or did you have to remove the cross bar and slide along to install? My rack is already fitted.
I did mine at the same time, but you do need to remove the 4 crossbar bolts and slide the t nuts in the channels.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just wanted to pop in here real quick to let you guys know we have Heretic 40" light bars back in stock ready to go! Snag them while we have them and skip the lead times!
Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco 93AB0E38-0D1C-4118-82D7-287465463B6B_1_105_c

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a quick update for everyone! After popular demand, we have now implemented Affirm financing onto our website! We are excited to offer this so you can pay later and venture now! Check our website for details!
Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco trailraxXaffirm
Sponsored