First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can transfer your reservation to another dealer. Sounds like a good time to shop around.
Now it is in Fords hands , had to leave a message to change dealerships , you wait on hold then eventually hung up on , I am hearing similar stories .Wonder if or when I will hear back , so I can actually get my order placed .
Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford's FAQ says something very different so it is very confusing

Per Ford FAQ >> https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...o-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/#12

What does price protection for the 2022 MY mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped vehicle for customers who had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Customers will be issued a certificate that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for their selected series and door configuration for the vehicle they had reserved or on order as of October 1, 2021.
Yeah, I saw that later. There was a tweet by Mike Levine that said order and when price protection and availability was first brought up this spring you had to have had an order placed. I guess the current info from Ford would be the most accurate.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't Levine just say above you can switch? I know this keeps coming up all day with yes and no. Which is it?
This is the latest info. A few people have gotten this today:

From chat session this morning with Ford Customer Service when I asked about moving my reservation to another dealer:

The information I am showing currently in our system is as follows: "Changing the Dealership on a Bronco Reservation: Customers cannot change their selected Ford Dealer on their reservation. Customers can cancel their reservation and create a new one. However, the ability to make a new reservation has been temporarily suspended until further notice."
Dealers have said everything possible:
  • Yes you can switch
  • No you cannot switch
  • You will only be allowed to switch in very specific circumstances
  • Ford hasn't told us anything
I have yet to hear of anyone being told yes they can switch, and then the process actually starting.

Ford seemed to have no plan here, or if they had one, it wasn't communicated.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price protection is definitely order or reservation before 3/19.

But it's not relevant here because dealer ADM is not covered by price protection. All we get is Ford saying MSRP isn't changing on us.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The "fair weather fans", people who gotta have it now new Bronco willing to pay extra ADM are not going to last long. Absolutely walk away. People have waitied so long that a lot of the excitement has passed. These dealers have the upper hand momentairily because their inventories are so depleated. But, if people walk away, as they should, dealers will come around way sooner than later. I won't pay $1 over MSRP. The funny thing (not literally funny, but ironic) is, something bad is about to happen to the global economy. Those who don't see it are in denial. So, if I'm right and the crap hits the fan Q1 2022 and dealers have these ADM Broncos sitting around that people waited 12-18 or more months for, and there's no new customers, I'll drive in and offer them -$10,000 ABM under MSRP ( additional buyer mark down) to reflect the market. I'm sure they'd understand???.

If it hits the fan, I doubt anyone, even you, will be interested or be able to afford buying a car. They'll be a run on food at that point, just sayin'

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I saw that later. There was a tweet by Mike Levine that said order and when price protection and availability was first brought up this spring you had to have had an order placed. I guess the current info from Ford would be the most accurate.
If I recall correctly, you were supposed to be able to change dealerships once , if you loose your timestamp because of changing dealers and loose your price protection that is B S . I just don't get it , how much torture does Ford expect us to endure trying to purchase a Bronco and stay loyal to there brand ? Hope they get back to me soon and get my dealer changed , if not I am out , I don't need a Bronco , I would like one , without the pain and suffering would be nice .

BadazzBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tamar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may just have to drive or fly to a dealer not charging an ADM. Just consider it part if the bronco adventure! There's thousands of us doing that I'm sure.

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You may just have to drive or fly to a dealer not charging an ADM. Just consider it part if the bronco adventure! There's thousands of us doing that I'm sure.
I tried this about 14 months ago. Ford is now cutting their legs off and severely limiting their ability to deliver to the customer. Good luck.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it hits the fan, I doubt anyone, even you, will be interested or be able to afford buying a car. They'll be a run on food at that point, just sayin'
I am an essential employee, I'll have a job. That's not the point I was trying to make. The point is are dealers gonna be understanding? Enough people on here have defended them for this shady garbage ADM. Let's say gas hits $5 gal national average Q4 2021 or Q1 2022. Everybody with a signed purchase agreement @ $5k-$10k over MSRP gets a free pass to walk away. Right? Dealers will be cool when the shoes on the other foot if people give them the same victim treatment? It's the current market thing circling back on em'.

Chachi1551

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tried to convert my 2020 bronco reservation today , only to find Future Ford of Sacramento CA wants 10 k mark up. Dealer says he does not know any dealers not charging that. Does anyone know of any dealership not charging a mark up ? What good is a 2021 price guarantee to reservation holders or order holders when dealers are adding what ever they want . I will not be ordering my bronco if I can not get it without the mark up .If people do not order because of this , Ford will be forced to do something , if to many people order and pay the mark up , things will not change .
I work at Landmark Ford Lincoln in Tirgard Oregon and we are sticking to the MSRP deals we made with customers. We don't believe that with the wait you have had to endure so far going back on our word really makes any sense.

Sorry to hear this.

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About right for Califronia. I've looked for cars all over the country throughout covid, and I learned pretty early on that California dealerships overall is a crapshoot. Not just Ford. They get so few vehicles but so many people will pay whatever for them in california, so they can & will just not deal with you.

Last edited:

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I chose my dealer off a list of dealers not charging additional markups , apparently they had a change of heart , now they want 10 k more.
It's your fault! The professional, internet warrior, dealer sympathizing BG6 members said so!! smh....

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check with Walnut Creek Ford, as far as I know they still don't add anything to MSRP. No idea how many orders they have lined up, but I'd think they'll give you an idea of your chances, as far as they can make a good guess.
I cold not be happier with them as my dealer, entire sales process was painless and almost fun, no tricks, no nothing. Within 2 hours I drove off the lot. That included time to inspect my Bronco (I skipped a test drive) and waiting a bit for someone else to finish up in finance.

OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well thx for info ,giving Dupratt Ford in Dixon a shot , they claim to have enough allocations and said no mark up.It is all on Ford now , left a message on changing dealers , because you can not get through now , system is likely overwhelmed today , being first order day of 2022. Will post how it works out , hopefully will know my fate soon .

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well thx for info ,giving Dupratt Ford in Dixon a shot , they claim to have enough allocations and said no mark up.It is all on Ford now , left a message on changing dealers , because you can not get through now , system is likely overwhelmed today , being first order day of 2022. Will post how it works out , hopefully will know my fate soon .
Good luck man and sorry to hear it. My salesman quoted me MSRP today and I didn't even haggle... Until that moment I was seriously concerned about markups due to some oddly worded exchanges (had with his boss over the summer).

I was prepared to raise hell with Ford's customer service if they kept me trapped with a gouger, though.

Go get em!
Sponsored