ET1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven’t seen this anywhere but does anyone know how much extra power you can get out of the 2.7 without sacrificing reliability or upgrading internal parts?
Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With a 93 octane tune alone they have gotten about 60hp and 100ft/lb of torque out of the 2.7l. Add a new Cold Air Intake, Intercooler, and Exhaust system can get that up another 30-50hp and 50-75 ft/lbs. Upgrade the turbos and you can push 600hp and 650 ft.lbs. Seriously though, spend $2k+ on a catch can, cold air intake, intercooler, and exhaust system for a quick and easy upgrade that actually adds reliability and mpg's to your engine.

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t seen this anywhere but does anyone know how much extra power you can get out of the 2.7 without sacrificing reliability or upgrading internal parts?
The ProTuner I used from Cobb is getting a 2.7 to test. I tuned up my Raptor using just 91 octane rotten Arizona gasand it might have added 75 hp or so. People can get a lot more but I wanted it to be pretty safe. I also put in a larger intercooler. Might have spent maybe $1,500 total.

Ciz_Bronc_23

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know there are full E-85 swap kits already out for the 2.7L in the F-150. I did message a shop near me that does them as well as tuning for it and they said as soon as they get their hands on one they will start the tune and full E-85 swap process for the Bronco! I can’t wait!

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was casually looking for 2.7 tunes, last week. My Yahoo search found a few, for existing vehicles.

One of the aftermarket guys, I think it was Hennessy, offers a comprehensive tune for the 2.7 (for F150). It will probably be about the same for a Bronco. No internal stuff, but the package came with a new exhaust, one of the new fangled air cleaners, and their patented tune. I think it made +/-500hp and +/-500lb ft, on premium, but not positive. If I remember correctly, the parts cost was around $1495, shipped to your door. I think you lose warranty with this tune... or you have to buy their warranty... or something!

Ford performance also offers a much smaller tune for the same applications, but not nearly as aggressive. It has a cold air package and a very mild tune, nothing else. My memory says it was +/- 40 hp and 40 lb ft, and it cost about $800 or so... The Ford tune keeps the warranty.

There were some others like Bully Dog, and other tunes by people unknown (to me) of all kinds, buy I think I would stick to one of these two (above) as they are both well known in the business.

Last edited:

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interested, especially if it can come from Ford Performance to maintain the factory warranty.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

New Bronco ECU may limit access

I am a tuner, and am waiting to see if this OTA ecu makes it hard for the aftermarket to hack. Sounds like Ford won't leave us hanging though, with some aftermarket tunes becoming available. But once the ECU has been hacked, I am looking forward to doing my own tune, just doesn't sound like it may be right away....

Oldschool67

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2door Eruption Green, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a tune on my 2019 F150 crew cab 4x4. (2.7) 93 octane tune made a big difference.

0-60 in 5 seconds. I will be adding on to the Bronco. I now have 35” BFG’s and it still has plenty of pep with 3:55 gears

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a tune on my 2019 F150 crew cab 4x4. (2.7) 93 octane tune made a big difference.

0-60 in 5 seconds. I will be adding on to the Bronco. I now have 35” BFG’s and it still has plenty of pep with 3:55 gears
Niiice!!!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fun of factory turbo vehicles begins when you start modifying them. It will be like getting a whole new, much faster truck. I’m probably going with the 2.3 Manual, but both engines seem to be good for 50ish Hp and 75ish torque with a tune only. I’ve run Cobb on my Subaru’s for 15 years and my bolt on E85 STi makes +100 WHP and +150 WtQ over stock. It’s noticeable. I expect as much potential out of the Ecoboosts based on what I’ve seen the 2.3 Mustangs and 2.7 F150s do....downpipe, intercoolers, protune, good to go

Always remember you gotta pay to play and modifying could cause engine failure.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sounds good. I would only do the Ford performance tune though, so as to keep the warranty.

Ciz_Bronc_23

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's a place out by me that does E-85 full conversion for the 2.7L Ecobooth on the F-150. I messaged them asking if they would do the same with the Bronco and my response was yes, as soon as we get our hands on them they will start to test and tune. I can't wait to see what numbers they get with reliability.
Sponsored