Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I fly drones for a living, have a degree in CSE and EE.
So anyone could just step in and do what you do then right? No hard work or effort needed? I'm assuming they would start at a pretty high living wage as well, regardless of experience or qualifications.
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dana just announced layoffs so I’m assuming no deal anytime soon.
I'm hoping for some news tomorrow am, if anything comes up will post

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 C63 AMG, 2015 GL 450 4M, 2023 OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So anyone could just step in and do what you do then right? No hard work or effort needed? I'm assuming they would start at a pretty high living wage as well, regardless of experience or qualifications.
Your definition of hard work and my definition of hard work are definitely not the same lol.

Hardwork= Blue collar
Mental work= White collar

Now that’s not to say that Blue collar workers are big dummies or that white collar worker drink soy lattes all day but that’s roughly the jist.

You average American doesn’t view the account working as hard as say a coal miner.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took no offense sir,
Ive been union for 20 years (almost) I just have a skewed view of the world
IBEW, 25 years.

I just ran into a former co-worker who didn't stick with the union after we joined all those years ago.
Sharp dude, but while we talked, I could see he was running the math in his head and realizing how royally he fucked up. We're similar ages and I'm seeing a very bright light now at the end of the tunnel called "retirement".
Him, 50+ years old, not a gott damn pot to piss in because he was chasing the short term "gains".

It was a very difficult conversation to have because I didn't want to sound like I was gloating, but Gott Damn, I played this hand right!!

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said if you can’t afford to pay a worker a living wage you can’t afford to do business in the US.
That statement is False and goes against Free Market Capitalism. Does every 18 y/o deserve this “living wage” as they work through college? How many businesses would no longer exist?

Regarding the issue of Contracts I thought this Strike was because the current contract had expired?? If that is the case Ford has no obligation to grant any ludicrous demands. My prediction is the UAW will draw this out far longer than needed and end up with less than the 20% raise Ford already offered. The 32 hour week (paid at 40) is a non-starter and has tilted favor away from the UAW.

@INFINITE23 you joined 6 days ago and have only talked on this thread. Do you have a Bronco and are you willing to post a picture of it?
Here’s one of mine:
Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] IMG_8159

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Workers comp insurance etc will make line work manual labor obsolete within the next 20 years
I'd say much more driven by advances in robotics than workers comp.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes sure..but there has to be a specific reason..not just because you don't like it anymore..
That's probably the number one reason. Just think of all those poor, out of work lawyers if everybody upheld the contracts they signed... won't somebody think of the lawyers!?

The number one reason they don't get broken is probably because it's too much of a hassle/costs too much if they break it.

Billy Baroo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
apparently they decided to build mine, started 9/12 and finished yesterday. Going through final checks and being shipped.
Great news. I had a blend date of 8/21 and it remains in production.

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That statement is False and goes against Free Market Capitalism. Does every 18 y/o deserve this “living wage” as they work through college? How many businesses would no longer exist?

Regarding the issue of Contracts I thought this Strike was because the current contract had expired?? If that is the case Ford has no obligation to grant any ludicrous demands. My prediction is the UAW will draw this out far longer than needed and end up with less than the 20% raise Ford already offered. The 32 hour week (paid at 40) is a non-starter and has tilted favor away from the UAW.

@INFINITE23 you joined 6 days ago and have only talked on this thread. Do you have a Bronco and are you willing to post a picture of it?
Here’s one of mine:
Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] IMG_8159
It's a free market, you don't need a bronco to post, or boast.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

USW979 local, we’re not worried yet.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
we have the power, our building is on a 161 kv susbtation feed. Most of our equipment is running off 480 V so we are installing level 2 chargers and have spare circuits with open amp capacity
We just need to get the power to the right spot on the lot

Not seeking to carelessly fork this conversation in another direction...

But isn't this the fallacy of BEV charging infrastructure too?

Absurd costs for substation capacity and new delivery points. The American taxpayer gets hosed when federal bureaucrats are in charge of 'infrastructure investment'. So corrupt. And everybody pays through inflation and interest rates that only the rich can afford, which is a key driver for the UAW brethren seeking what they want. Which can spiral out to less US manufacturing jobs

All for the benefit of 'controlling climate' by one-tenth of a degree. Time to feel sorry for our kids

And no, dear [WARNING: NO POLITICS] moderator, this is not politics, this is human. No sides being taken here

Last edited:

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your definition of hard work and my definition of hard work are definitely not the same lol.

Hardwork= Blue collar
Mental work= White collar

Now that’s not to say that Blue collar workers are big dummies or that white collar worker drink soy lattes all day but that’s roughly the jist.

You average American doesn’t view the account working as hard as say a coal miner.
Hard work can be physical/ mental or both. The color of the collar does not determine if the work is hard.

I sometimes miss the days of blue collar physical work while I'm over stressed at my white collar job.
Sponsored