Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I somehow ended up qualifying for more than the $1,995 listed on this chart. Dealership told me I qualified for $2,395, so I'm not arguing it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright so I've spent the last week talking to various people at Ford, at my dealer, etc. about these certificates. The thing I keep hearing is those who are missing certificates need COVP approval. Which is mega frustrating for two reasons:
  1. We as customers cannot see whether we are COVP approved or not, only dealers can see that information... and dealers should get an email once your order is COVP approved.
  2. I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that Ford wouldn't even be scheduling orders unless it was COVP approved. So... unless I am completely mistaken, then everyone who is taking delivery of their 2023 right now should have already gotten COVP approval.
Either way, I would do your best to verify with your dealer that you indeed are COVP approved.

HOWEVER, @FordVideoGuy and @Sarah Davis did an awesome livestream tonight with more information. The one thing that really stood out to me is apparently a lot of these private offers are manually entered by a human (I feel for the poor souls who have that job), which means there is ample opportunity for human error. Therefore, if you cannot find your certificate I highly suggest asking your dealer to use methods other than your name/zip to find your certificate, such as your email address, phone number, etc.

Anyway, there is a bunch of really good information in the video (see the 56:15 timestamp) if folks want to watch. Unfortunately, it isn't Bronco-specific as Ford is having to deal with price protection on multiple vehicles, but a lot of the information does apply to the Bronco.

Angeleb

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 diff models
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright so I've spent the last week talking to various people at Ford, at my dealer, etc. about these certificates. The thing I keep hearing is those who are missing certificates need COVP approval. Which is mega frustrating for two reasons:
  1. We as customers cannot see whether we are COVP approved or not, only dealers can see that information... and dealers should get an email once your order is COVP approved.
  2. I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that Ford wouldn't even be scheduling orders unless it was COVP approved. So... unless I am completely mistaken, then everyone who is taking delivery of their 2023 right now should have already gotten COVP approval.
Either way, I would do your best to verify with your dealer that you indeed are COVP approved.

HOWEVER, @FordVideoGuy and @Sarah Davis did an awesome livestream tonight with more information. The one thing that really stood out to me is apparently a lot of these private offers are manually entered by a human (I feel for the poor souls who have that job), which means there is ample opportunity for human error. Therefore, if you cannot find your certificate I highly suggest asking your dealer to use methods other than your name/zip to find your certificate, such as your email address, phone number, etc.

Anyway, there is a bunch of really good information in the video (see the 56:15 timestamp) if folks want to watch. Unfortunately, it isn't Bronco-specific as Ford is having to deal with price protection on multiple vehicles, but a lot of the information does apply to the Bronco.

They did do an awesome job tonight. As always, the broadcast was very informative.

As a side note, I recall reading that as well, that orders could not be processed without covp approval.

Angeleb

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 diff models
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something else I noticed today, is that now my "order date" has changed within my Ford account. 🤔

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They did do an awesome job tonight. As always, the broadcast was very informative.

As a side note, I recall reading that as well, that orders could not be processed without covp approval.
Definitely not the case. At least not in October. When I converted in September my dealer said they weren't doing COVP... Confused the heck out of me. Was pretty sure I wouldn't get built.

Mine was scheduled in the first round.
Sales guy asked me for a copy of my license a few weeks later...

Sponsored

Angeleb

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 diff models
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely not the case. At least not in October. When I converted in September my dealer said they weren't doing COVP... Confused the heck out of me. Was pretty sure I wouldn't get built.

I agree. I don't think my dealer did a COVP at the time of ordering either, and mine was scheduled very quickly. I only remember reading it somewhere, that orders would not be processed without it. Can't remember where I read it at the moment.

Angeleb

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 diff models
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It was in a snippet the playbook that I read it.

Screenshot_20230110_224555_Chrome.jpg

Angeleb

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 diff models
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are no longer requiring COVP to schedule it is now just a way to price protect, and name match.
Does that mean that our dealer would have had to do a COVP back in September /October when we ordered in order to receive our private offers?

Sarah Davis

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2017 Cmax, 1992 Lincoln Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
you wil get your private offer no matter what, the covp would price protect you if the price rises again before you take delivery of your vehicle.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you wil get your private offer no matter what, the covp would price protect you if the price rises again before you take delivery of your vehicle.
Welcome to B6G!
I hope they don't hound you too much.. 😂

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are no longer requiring COVP to schedule it is now just a way to price protect, and name match.
Welcome to the forum Sarah, good to have you here!
Are you saying some orders without COVP before the Nov deadline were not cancelled?
There does seem to be a lot of fallout in the Granger/Chapman, etc orders after the Nov deadline.
I sure hope Ford is honoring their own rules in this respect. There are MANY of us here that have been waiting 2+ years since our reservation date, only to see many later orders filled before ours.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the forum Sarah, good to have you here!
Are you saying some orders without COVP before the Nov deadline were not cancelled?
There does seem to be a lot of fallout in the Granger/Chapman, etc orders after the Nov deadline.
I sure hope Ford is honoring their own rules in this respect. There are MANY of us here that have been waiting 2+ years since our reservation date, only to see many later orders filled before ours.
I can tell you for a fact that many (if not all) of those orders have not been canceled yet… or at least not since I last checked in late December (well after the date).

There was two customers at my dealer that decided to abandon their Bronco order (one of them ended up getting an F-150 Lightning order instead, the other one didn’t give a reason). They were left at priority code 99 so Ford could cancel them and refund their initial $100 deposit. Both of those orders are still in the system.

@FordVideoGuy also said on a previous livestream that he has an order for someone who opted not to reorder, and their order is still in the system too (or it was when he mentioned a few weeks ago).

EDIT- To be clear these three orders are all priority 99 so they won't get built... but if Ford isn't using COVP as a gatekeeper anymore then I suspect there isn't anything to prevent dealers from ordering a few extra Broncos using abandoned retail orders. As long as they stay above the COVP name match percentage... which was 80% I think.... theoretically they could use that extra 20% to pad their lots a bit.

Last edited:

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can tell you for a fact that many (if not all) of those orders have not been canceled yet… or at least not since I last checked in late December (well after the date).

There was two customers at my dealer that decided to abandon their Bronco order (one of them ended up getting an F-150 Lightning order instead, the other one didn’t give a reason). They were left at priority code 99 so Ford could cancel them and refund their initial $100 deposit. Both of those orders are still in the system.

@FordVideoGuy also said on a previous livestream that he has an order for someone who opted not to reorder, and their order is still in the system too (or it was when he mentioned a few weeks ago).

EDIT- To be clear these three orders are all priority 99 so they won't get built... but if Ford isn't using COVP as a gatekeeper anymore then I suspect there isn't anything to prevent dealers from ordering a few extra Broncos using abandoned retail orders. As long as they stay above the COVP name match percentage... which was 80% I think.... theoretically they could use that extra 20% to pad their lots a bit.
Ugh! Sad to see Ford isn't enforcing their own rules. Perhaps they are simply understaffed, behind in catching up, .... or they just don't care.
But there does appear to be a reduction in outstanding orders, so maybe there was some impact. I suppose we'll see what the impact actually was during the next 6 months or so of scheduling....

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My personal completely speculative opinion is the August layoffs cut a little too deep and a little too soon. The pandemic required the day-to-day operations teams to do a fair amount of extra work dealing with supplier delays, figuring out shipping issues, helping dealers with retail orders, etc. etc. And those are the teams Ford cut.

BUT yes, there is signs that Ford will be more or less caught up by the end of the year. I don't know what their plans are for opening order banks, but it's looking like they'll have some production capacity moving towards the end of the year for certain configurations. Although that extra capacity may disappear if they need to start ramping up for the new generation Ranger launching next year.
Would just be excited if they could actually ship a vehicle from MAP to the West coast this year.

Day 42 after it's been built and sitting in a rail car, waiting to move.
Sponsored