Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SAS - $750 (maybe I don't get this since its included in the Wildtrak Price?)
You hunch was correct... you don't get that $750 since it is included in the base Wildtrak price.

And Ford Support will only see the Column A/B price protection—that's the amount that comes in the from of a Private Offer Certificate. The rest of the price protection money is not covered by a certificate—it is just the standard retail price protection based off of the DORA price of your 2023 order. (Your dealer has the ability to generate your DORA for your 2023 order.)
Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You hunch was correct... you don't get that $750 since it is included in the base Wildtrak price.

And Ford Support will only see the Column A/B price protection—that's the amount that comes in the from of a Private Offer Certificate. The rest of the price protection money is not covered by a certificate—it is just the standard retail price protection based off of the DORA price of your 2023 order. (Your dealer has the ability to generate your DORA for your 2023 order.)
This is helpful in explaining why the Marketing person on the phone just had the certificate number for the Column A amount.

She did also say that the order modification $2500 also has the same reference number, which makes it sound like an either or scenario. Not surprising no one knows what, who or how much with communications so incredibly convoluted. If it weren't for your chart, quite a few people would have been out a staggering amount of money.

gbur

Wildtrak
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak on Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

So the $1500 from column C not included in Price protection? Is it not the same thing as Column A/B but just for the 2023 year?

Also, I think I am just figuring out the difference in this "Private Offer Certificate" and "Retail Price Protection."

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the $1500 from column C not included in Price protection? Is it not the same thing as Column A/B but just for the 2023 year?

Also, I think I am just figuring out the difference in this "Private Offer Certificate" and "Retail Price Protection."
I described it in my first post, but just to boil it down further—
  • Private Offer Certificates (Columns A/B ) were created as part of a special program Ford created specifically for Bronco order holders. It covers all price increases from your original reservation date until the opening of the 2023 order banks. It does not cover any price increases after the 2023 order banks opened.
  • Retail Price Protection (Column C and beyond) ensures you pay the price listed on the DORA of your 2023MY order, and is valid for ALL retail ordered Ford vehicles, there is no special program attached to it. It covers all price increases from when your 2023MY order was placed until your window sticker was generated.
Private Offer Certificates appears in Smart Vincent, which the Ford Customer Service reps have access to. Retail Price Protection depends on your DORA price. I don't know if the Ford Customer Service reps have ability to generate DORA (probably not, if I were to guess)—but your dealer definitely does.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for the greater community o know, there is at least one dealership in Nashville, TN (Two Rivers Ford) who is standing tall and honoring "all"forms of price protection, even those that come back to the dealership in the form of a rebate at a later date. It was really refreshing not to be jerked around. I guess that is why they have a 4.5 Google rating with 1,100 reviews. You would think dealerships have at least one person who is in the know on how all the price protection options work. Just remember when you are requesting your "out the door price" and having to ask further questions about price protection that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. BTW, @Greg2060 "options" are price protected against the price increases.

Sponsored

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any insight here would be appreciated. I pick my bronco up this Thursday May 4th. I originally ordered July 21 so I would have a private offer that Ford was able to tell me was good for $2595 and they gave me the certificate #. I also modified my order to remove the constraints for the $2500. The dealer was able to see both incentives; however, was only able to apply the order modification incentive and not the private offer. Other people at the same dealer, it allowed finances to stack them. Any insight into this? Also my DORA prior to the recent price increases was $1500 less. Will that be rebated after taking delivery?

***UPDATE***
Both my transitional Private offer and Order Modification pulled and were taking off the top! Just waiting on my 2023 price increase rebate!

Last edited:

mtnbiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bike Commuter - twin six
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more data point as I took delivery today. Model Year Transition offer rebate ($2395 in my case) was applied, but the Intra-2023 price protection was not offerred. They said they would provide a check to me of Ford reimburses (should be $2700 based on my options). My salesman said the check would be written in my name, sent to the dealer. Sometimes take 6-7 weeks post sale. The finance guy said the check would be sent directly to me if applicable. We'll see if I ever see that.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more data point as I took delivery today. Model Year Transition offer rebate ($2395 in my case) was applied, but the Intra-2023 price protection was not offerred. They said they would provide a check to me of Ford reimburses (should be $2700 based on my options). My salesman said the check would be written in my name, sent to the dealer. Sometimes take 6-7 weeks post sale. The finance guy said the check would be sent directly to me if applicable. We'll see if I ever see that.
I’m sure someone will chime in, but pretty sure there won’t be a reimbursement to the dealer with “your name on it”. It’ll just be part of a lump sum regular payment to the dealer.

It is just based on your DORA, they know in advance what the amount is.

I’m facing this in the next couple weeks as my Bronco is en route to the dealer.

I also have 2 private offer certificates, but that’s another thread.

Good luck

gbur

Wildtrak
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak on Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my dealership found two offers from Ford in their system.

$3620
$2500

I am confused about the $2500 because I believe it is for if you dropped those features they were pushing everyone to drop, but I didn’t drop any. I took the chance.

It still doesn’t make my price the correct MSRP, I am having trouble figuring out what to do.

The price on my price sheet on Sept said $64,060 MSRP, but they are starting at the current MSRP and adding the offers from ford bringing it down to $62,000-ish. Iam missing all price protection on the chart except the $3620.

I cannot figure out who to push on this.

I’m pushing the dealer to start my MSRP at the price on my signed sheet and then add the offers from Ford which would bring it down to my OG amount.

did I just get lucky and Ford add my $2500 when I didn’t do what you had to do to get it?

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe “column C” on the flow chart will be given after you take delivery correct?

Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wanted to update the thread. I picked up my Bronco today. I am a day 1 reservation holder, dumped WT so I was eligible for two quite sizable rebates. Fortunately everything worked out-they were claiming that the system would not let them combine them before delivery occurred but that they would work on it. Apparently once it arrived it took both rebates so I received both 3880 in PP and the 2500 for dropping the WT. It has been a hell of a long wait-did not need it the last two years but needed it by July 1 or would have had to find another truck.

It has been stressful worrying about these rebates but in the end, my dealer came through and couldn't be happier to finally have a Bronco again (my first was a '95).

4Banger

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 XJR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit 5/6/23…After 4 trips back to the dealer they had my price protection from switching from 22 to 23 (for me it was 2845 just like the chart shows. They did not honor the 23 price increases which for me would be right around 2300. I asked politely to get in writing that if they get money back on this deal for 23 price protection that they would honor it)

It was all done politely but frequently. This was not east and I feel there should have been more knowledge on their end, and I should have reached out earlier asking about the rebates. I don’t know what info ford gives dealers.

Thank you Bronco6G for all the info!!

end of edit
Ordered March of 22

Bronco arrived May of 23

I ask and inform dealer about price protection included on this flow chart. (Thank you BTW) Sales manager looks at me like I have 3 heads and has no clue and says the price is 5100 more at the new MSRP. but if I pass on the order he said he can sell it for 3k over the new MSRP.

There is no motivation for my dealer to apply for the rebates. In fact he’s basically saying I’ll make 3k more once your deal falls though.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered March of 22

Bronco arrived May of 23

I ask and inform dealer about price protection included on this flow chart. (Thank you BTW) Sales manager looks at me like I have 3 heads and has no clue and says the price is 5100 more at the new MSRP. but if I pass on the order he said he can sell it for 3k over the new MSRP.

There is no motivation for my dealer to apply for the rebates. In fact he’s basically saying I’ll make 3k more once your deal falls though.

Any suggestions?
My goodness that is a crappy attitude they have. It sucks that they just do not care and are blatantly throwing it in your face. I would ask them why you are not getting it for Dora at time you signed and definitely get the GM of dealership involved. They know exactly what you are talking about and I would ask the GM directly if this is the kind of service and attitude that they truly want to provide for their customers.

Personally, I called Ford marketing just to get my cert number ( Mine was built 5/04). Not only did she give me my cert number, but she also just started telling me how the mid year price protection works. Same info that is given in this thread. She said it all word for word without me even asking. I say this because, maybe get on a call with them and record the conversation (make sure and ask first if your state requires it). Then, gladly play that for the asshat....I mean Sales Manager (arent they ALL sales managers now days?)

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What happens if you go from 4 door to 2 door and everything stays the same for equipment and options

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happens if you go from 4 door to 2 door and everything stays the same for equipment and options
Your body code changes, and therefore you could lose some (or all) of your price protection.

You'd have to run through the flow chart on the first post to figure out how much you still qualify for.
Sponsored