Sponsored

Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it. Talk me off the cliff. Final Choice is clear

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Afraid of 1st year issues?
did you do your diesel research! Basically 1yr in this unit

not sure diesel is a big seller….
don’t get me wrong, I’ve owned 4 diesels (in correct application)
I
I'm just going to add, here in Colorado the diesel is an absolute beast. I've owned (3) JK's and now a JL absolutely with the 3.0...no comparison. The positives (power and ride) by far out way the negatives...of pricey oil changes...water in fuel...etc. The JK's where are all gutless wonders with the 3.6... On the positive side the JL with the 3.0 diesel and 27 mpg in the mountains....80 MPH going up a pass and not hunting for gears...is a real plus. Oh and when you add the sky roof into the mix...bonus points.

The Jeep is a keeper....the Bronco I don't know yet...I got to ride in one in Moab it's nice...I'm a day (1) reservation holder for the Badlands 2.7, Lux, MIC, Leather, Tow Package, Non-SAS.....who know's when I'll get it. Hence I've had a great summer doing all the off road things that I could have been doing in a Bronco....So hopefully soon I will have the best of both worlds and I'll be able to really do a fair comparison.....
Sponsored

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
Unless your a first addition there not making anything else with mic top the rest of this year from my understanding.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your exhaust valves never stuck??? I don’t believe you. If only they would’ve made the seats a little more bearable I would’ve kept mine. Sitting at a 75 degree angle sucks ass.
OK then. I'm a liar. You do you.

OP
OP
jclaypool83

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok boys it’s official, I’m a jeep rubicon diesel owner. I’m going to keep my reservation and build spot and make a last minute decision when and if my bronco arrives. Everyone has been great thanks for the help. Unfortunately I’m not bumping anyone up, but I don’t take my order when it his the dealer I will let everyone know where it is available build in my signature.

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear D664334D-5233-42A7-94BF-55F27FE9E634

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok boys it’s official, I’m a jeep rubicon diesel owner. I’m going to keep my reservation and build spot and make a last minute decision when and if my bronco arrives. Everyone has been great thanks for the help. Unfortunately I’m not bumping anyone up, but I don’t take my order when it his the dealer I will let everyone know where it is available build in my signature.

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear D664334D-5233-42A7-94BF-55F27FE9E634
Beautiful Ride. Beautiful color! Love the color matched roof and the upgraded wheels. Looks like its a perfect fit in the garage!

Congrats and enjoy in good health!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Check the steering box. The new one has a TSB and is covered under the warranty.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
Careful what you wish for. I'm trading in a 3.0 Ecodiesel on my Bronco and they have their own problems. The engine itself is good (22 MPG city and gobs of low end torque) but I can't go two months without the regulated emissions system returning a check engine light. I carry a code scanner in my glove box and I've been to the dealership more times than I can remember. Thanks to the EPA ecodiesel settlement and it's extended warranty the repairs have always been covered but never timely.

Recalls are another thing, I think my Grand Cherokee is up to 18 now so I'm giving Ford a pass on this first one.

The ecodiesels have undoubtedly improved over the last 5 years but you may want to look over a carfax report just in case.

OP
OP
jclaypool83

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Careful what you wish for. I'm trading in a 3.0 Ecodiesel on my Bronco and they have their own problems. The engine itself is good (22 MPG city and gobs of low end torque) but I can't go two months without the regulated emissions system returning a check engine light. I carry a code scanner in my glove box and I've been to the dealership more times than I can remember. Thanks to the EPA ecodiesel settlement and it's extended warranty the repairs have always been covered but never timely.

Recalls are another thing, I think my Grand Cherokee is up to 18 now so I'm giving Ford a pass on this first one.

The ecodiesels have undoubtedly improved over the last 5 years but you may want to look over a carfax report just in case.
i did check the carfax it doesn't seem to have anything other then normal oil changes, one at 5k, the other at 10k, and dealer just did an oil change. I'm going to use it and drive it until my bronco arrives, i will make my choice at that time. The price i paid i don't think i can get hurt to bad

Swampelina

Badlands
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't do it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jclaypool83

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

slmcdady

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait! It will be worth it! I was fortunate to get mine on 8-2. Went to the Bronco Off Rodeo in Austin, and the things are incredibly awesome! The instructors there were all previous Jeep owners, and they all have Bronco's on order if that tells you anything! I have the soft top Badlands 4 door, and traded in a Jeep for it, and I would never go back! There were probably half a dozen people at the rodeo that are going to change their orders to soft top after driving them there as well! Just my 2 cents for you! You do you!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i did check the carfax it doesn't seem to have anything other then normal oil changes, one at 5k, the other at 10k, and dealer just did an oil change. I'm going to use it and drive it until my bronco arrives, i will make my choice at that time. The price i paid i don't think i can get hurt to bad
You got a warranty anyways, and if you hate it you can trade it on the bronco. Win win. Congrats.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

update,

It's done, Rubicon diesel owner. I will keep my bronco order and make a choice when they fix the hardtop issues.

That was a screaming deal! Good for you man! Rubicon, diesel, sky top roof and Sarge Green? No way you could have said no! 👍👍
Sponsored