Sponsored

[Update: NO RECALLS] Dealer says 2021 Bronco has first recall and being sent back -- tire / wheel issue?

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting my Bronco next March might not be such a bad thing......:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Sounds like this is more of a quality control catch, and not an actual recall. But either way....Ford
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All recalls are fixed by dealers. Factories doesn't have special spaces to fixed recalls. They don't fix cars, they just know how to assemble them.

No exception.

This what FCSD and dealerships are for.

If the recall need special tools. Ford will serve this tools at no cost to dealers along with the instruction sheet on what to do.

That's how it's work
Yes, thatā€™s exactly what most dealership service departments do. Every Superduty since 2003 and now the F-150ā€™s has the cab pulled for engine work. Iā€™ve seen them swap frames, engines, transmission, re gear axles, etc. I was a consultant in dealership service departments from 2006-2020.
Iā€™ve not once said there was a recall, nor do I believe there was. It would be major news before some guy at a dealership heard about it.
My point in this conversation ended when I shared a link of an example of a factory recall. So much shade for a position I never actually took.

I love this place. Bunch of Middle Aged womenly men all cackling like a herd of chickens at the thought of a recall. I wonder what the crossover is between the angry people in this post and the cup holder gnashing..

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco [Update: NO RECALLS] Dealer says 2021 Bronco has first recall and being sent back --  tire / wheel issue? 80D72CA1-4DA8-4438-8D01-C046F3C4CA13

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Considering the many tire/wheel combos available, this sounds pretty likely.
Yep. Too many options. Looks great on paper; but apply it to the assembly line and suddenly every vehicle coming down the line is ā€œala carteā€ā€¦. Every option increases the likelihood wrong parts will be pulled somewhere in the build process. I think that is one reason Henry Ford said ā€œyou could have any color Ford you wanted, as long as it was black.ā€

Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey, Forrest. I have a bunch of friends and family in Colorado, and Iā€™m coming back out in a few weeks. We should get together for a beer or two and talk Broncos!

PS - Good luck with the doctorā€™s visit. Nothing worse than an upset stomach. :sick:
Colorado is a big state. I live in Aurora. How far will you be from there? Iā€™d love to grab a beer and talk Bronco, if you learn to drop the attitude. That might be hard for you though šŸ¤£

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Colorado is a big state. I live in Aurora. How far will you be from there? Iā€™d love to grab a beer and talk Bronco, if you learn to drop the attitude. That might be hard for you though šŸ¤£
Actually, my sister lives in Aurora! You guys are so close to each other, I bet your IP addresses are pretty similar. Small world, huh? ;)

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Colorado is a big state. I live in Aurora. How far will you be from here? Iā€™d love to grab a beer and talk Bronco, if you learn to drop the attitude. That might be hard for you though šŸ¤£
Actually, my sister lives in Aurora! You guys are so close to each other, I bet your IP addresses are pretty similar. Small world, huh? ;)
I wasnā€™t a huge fan of Aurora when I visited

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure how much you know about computers... But my IP should show as Seattle, Denver, South Africa, Austrialia, or a variety of places, because of the VPN I use for work.

I get youā€™re trying to be smart, but itā€™s not working šŸ¤£

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure how much you know about computers... But my IP should show as Seattle, Denver, South Africa, Austrialia, or a variety of places, because of the VPN I use for work.

I get youā€™re trying to be smart, but itā€™s not working šŸ¤£
You do this on your work computadora? Ooph! (I have not followed this line of comments but Iā€™m guessing people are saying youā€™re a previously banned member or something based on the 10 words I read)

Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasnā€™t a huge fan of Aurora when I visited
Aurora wasnā€™t my first choice, but it had the best available house at the time. The housing market here is crazy!! Itā€™s also really close to Denver so I donā€™t mind the commute once in a while.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You do this on your work computadora? Ooph!
My work computer is my only computer. It would cost me close to $10,000 to build the rig they sent me. Maybe even more with the prices of graphics cards right now šŸ˜‚

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My work computer is my only computer. It would cost me close to $10,000 to build the rig they sent me. Maybe even more with the prices of graphics cards right now šŸ˜‚
Ooh good, you can mine crypto AND troll B6G! šŸ˜œ

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Too many options. Looks great on paper; but apply it to the assembly line and suddenly every vehicle coming down the line is ā€œala carteā€ā€¦. Every option increases the likelihood wrong parts will be pulled somewhere in the build process. I think that is one reason Henry Ford said ā€œyou could have any color Ford you wanted, as long as it was black.ā€
Dude, go look at the B&P for F150s and then tell me about too many options. This is just silly.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands