Sponsored

[Update: NO RECALLS] Dealer says 2021 Bronco has first recall and being sent back -- tire / wheel issue?

grinnergetter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 SD, 73 F250, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last time I was at the Ford dealer, they had a truck body lifted off the frame

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I remember when I found out that my 99 Miata had a recall, tyat same day the engine failed from the item recalled. An engine thrust bearing.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last time I was at the Ford dealer, they had a truck body lifted off the frame
Local Ford dealership lifted my f150 body off the frame to perform engine work.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, go look at the B&P for F150s and then tell me about too many options. This is just silly.
Yep. Then go look at the SD 250/350 options. Hurts my brain every time I go in to spec a new truck. Even though I know exactly what I want, Im holding out for 22MY and Im sure I’ll have to start all over again.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a vehicle go 'schizoid' last year @ 1800-ish miles that fried it. And being an AWD Hybrid, that's not good. It ended up getting shipped to someplace in Michigan (it wasn't built there). There was a recall issued on the model with that drivetrain (only affected AWD Hybrids, no 2WD Hybrids) a few months later that involved both software updates and replacing some parts at the dealership.

From that experience, I believe it may not be an 'official' recall, just a sampling of certain vehicles to verify something a new owner or a dealership reported that they want to investigate. If its a big enough issue, we may see a formal recall later.

Seano1685

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: Dealer confirmed it was a Sasquatch Package Bronco that was affected.

Stopped my dealer today and general manager says "did you hear?" Broncos being turned around and heading back to the factory due to tire/wheel issue. They were to have one delivered on Friday and it was sent back to the factory. Mine was to be the second one to be delivered. Anyone else hear anything? She says between this and hard top issue we can't win. On top of that the mannequin for the dealership who was having a reveal this Saturday was damaged and is in the Ford body shop 30-60 days.
sounds like this is made up by a Jeep troll or the dealer is lying, because this makes no sense. Not how recalls are managed

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Recalls like this do happen. Massive efforts undertaken by the OEM to perform recalls on vehicles at the factory or off-site facility. Sometimes done under the cover of night without public knowledge. I know of one in particular involving Ford that to this day I haven't seen made public that would have owners flip their lids if they knew what had happened to their vehicles before it showed up. Usually caused by an issue at a supplier where a defect is discovered that would be more costly to address at the dealer/cause hysteria. I am skeptical about this one though, sounds like a typical dealer lying/bullshiting as there is zero validation here from the insiders.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it would be unusual for a recall to be remedied by sending delivered/in transit units back to the plant. The plant is dedicated to building new units. A wheel/tire issue would be even less likely to require assembly plant rework. Take it to discount tire or ship out new wheels!

Typically they’d be repaired locally then offered for sale, no?
I wouldn't stress it too much. I got a Raptor the second year it was out and took 4 months to get it because they sent it back mid transit. Like other guys have said, there's things they can only fix at the factory and it's not abnormal. I prefer it though, it means Ford is being responsible and doing their due diligence.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco [Update: NO RECALLS] Dealer says 2021 Bronco has first recall and being sent back --  tire / wheel issue? gavel%20with%20to

time to put the hammer to this post,as of no mention of any tire related fsa/tsb/ssm in Oasis broadcast messages and these date back to the 22nd june.so may be a shipping damage claim or the likes

Sponsored

Kniven3

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds wrong

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: Dealer confirmed it was a Sasquatch Package Bronco that was affected.

Stopped my dealer today and general manager says "did you hear?" Broncos being turned around and heading back to the factory due to tire/wheel issue. They were to have one delivered on Friday and it was sent back to the factory. Mine was to be the second one to be delivered. Anyone else hear anything? She says between this and hard top issue we can't win. On top of that the mannequin for the dealership who was having a reveal this Saturday was damaged and is in the Ford body shop 30-60 days.
Bull snot who cares at this point

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

only took a week for a recall that got to be a new record , Ford just keep dropping the ball on the Bronco .

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. Too many options. Looks great on paper; but apply it to the assembly line and suddenly every vehicle coming down the line is “ala carte”…. Every option increases the likelihood wrong parts will be pulled somewhere in the build process. I think that is one reason Henry Ford said “you could have any color Ford you wanted, as long as it was black.”
You haven’t been in a modern automotive plant have you?

If your working a station….say door cards. Well how many interiors, body styles, including the Ranger are coming down the line. A door enters your station. Before it can be released from your station you must do the following.

1) scan a QR code, matching the right panel to the door
2) Run all the screws in to torque. DC tools are precalibrated and the station counts to make sure the appropriate amount of screws / bolts have used.

If you don’t do that in the 10 linear feet of your station the entire line stops until you complete that process. Scan the wrong QR, no go. Don’t run all the screws all the way in, no go. Oh and prepare for the rest of the line to yell at you because every stoppage means your working extra unpaid time (1hr max) until you hit the days number.

Point is - it’s hard (not impossible) to misassemble a modern vehicle, even so complexity isn’t what causes misassembly.

Also, the reason behind black paint was the chemicals at the time made black paint dry significantly faster, he was trying to keep up with demand, complexity had nothing to do with it.
Sponsored