First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool project for someone or some business that has a lot of time, engineering and fabrication expertise and of course a lot of extra money to burn. The cost of something like this has to be huge- paying for the engineers, fabrication expertise labor, materials, etc.
Sponsored

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This ^
Congress abdicated law making to un-elected bureaucrats who pretend to science and create regulations that favor large businesses as those same large businesses lobby (bribe) them. Small companies can't afford to keep up with the regulations and when the large business thinks the regulation goes to far, they have a team of lawyers on hand to get their way.

We're stuck with shitty V6 turbo that only gets better mileage than a V8 on the EPA test.
Remember, same people who claim to care about the earth are scarring it strip mining for lithium for EV Batteries🙃

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a weird feeling some of these comments are from people who claim they prefer their 2.3L mustang better than a 5.0 lol

The Ecoboost engine ,in my opinion, sound like crap no matter what exhaust setup you run. It will never be a V8 and the coyote has a much higher limit for producing whatever power you want from it and handling it. Go ahead and try to make an Ecoboost in the bronco RELIABLY produce over 600 WHP, it won't happen. I applaud these guys for trying this and hope to see it come out a success sooner or later so maybe I can toss out my 2.3L for it:cool:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They should of gone the 7.3 crate motor option, its a better fit and a better powerband for what the Bronco is. I get it, I have done coyote swaps, those are great, but with the addition of the 7.3 crate option this is screaming for one.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't have much experience with these engines other than in a "crate' configuration, it will not produce much more torque than the stock BRaptor; however, these Coyotes can be tuned to hit 1,000 HP... and tranny twisting torque numbers....

Plus, there is no better engine sound than a small block with a massive cam at idle.... and then launch. Plus, it will just look badass at open hood events.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly don't get why there are so many people that just gotta have a V8 in a B6G. Don't get it at all... There is absolutely ZERO reason to put a V8 in a B6G.

I've owned 6 Broncos, all but my B6G has had a V8. I've rebuilt several 302s and 351s for Broncos. I LOVE V8 engines, I do. My 75 was fun as hell with a 302. I put a TCI valve body in it and with a Detroit Locker in the rear end I could bark BOTH back 35" tires when it shifted from 1st to 2nd under full throttle. The thing is, that Bronco CAME with a V8, a V8 that had a hell of a lot less power then the 2.7 in the B6G.

The Bronco is an off-road vehicle and it has more than enough power to do everything it needs to do off-road, WAY more than enough power. Putting a V8 in a B6G will only make it WORSE off-road.

A Bronco is not, is Not, IS NOT a sports car. If you need to scratch that itch, GO BUY A MUSTANG.

The Jeep 392 is absolutely ridiculous. You take a 4-door Rubicon and you add 654 lbs to it. That's an additional 14.7% weight increase to the front of a vehicle that now has 470 hp and handles LIKE COMPLETE DOG SHIT at speed. Can't corner to save it's life. The extra weight doesn't help in 99% of off-road situations (actually hurts). So what do you have? A vehicle that is better in mud drags, but NOTHING else, weighs more, handles like shit, and costs $30k more than a 4-door Rubicon. But it has a V8...

Honestly, it's like those guys that have the fake balls hanging from their rear bumper, Small penis syndrome.

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly don't get why there are so many people that just gotta have a V8 in a B6G. Don't get it at all... There is absolutely ZERO reason to put a V8 in a B6G.

I've owned 6 Broncos, all but my B6G has had a V8. I've rebuilt several 302s and 351s for Broncos. I LOVE V8 engines, I do. My 75 was fun as hell with a 302. I put a TCI valve body in it and with a Detroit Locker in the rear end I could bark BOTH back 35" tires when it shifted from 1st to 2nd under full throttle. The thing is, that Bronco CAME with a V8, a V8 that had a hell of a lot less power then the 2.7 in the B6G.

The Bronco is an off-road vehicle and it has more than enough power to do everything it needs to do off-road, WAY more than enough power. Putting a V8 in a B6G will only make it WORSE off-road.

A Bronco is not, is Not, IS NOT a sports car. If you need to scratch that itch, GO BUY A MUSTANG.

The Jeep 392 is absolutely ridiculous. You take a 4-door Rubicon and you add 654 lbs to it. That's an additional 14.7% weight increase to the front of a vehicle that now has 470 hp and handles LIKE COMPLETE DOG SHIT at speed. Can't corner to save it's life. The extra weight doesn't help in 99% of off-road situations (actually hurts). So what do you have? A vehicle that is better in mud drags, but NOTHING else, weighs more, handles like shit, and costs $30k more than a 4-door Rubicon. But it has a V8...

Honestly, it's like those guys that have the fake balls hanging from their rear bumper, Small penis syndrome.
All of your points are valid. A good friend of mine has a 392, and my Bronco is better in every single aspect except sound...that 392 sound is ALMOST worth it by itself. No matter what I do to the TTv6, it will never come close to it. I'm sticking to the Bronco, mainly because it drives so much better, but if I could swap my Badlands straight up for a 392, it would be a tough decision. I do think in 25 years, we will look back at this new Bronco and the last of the big CDJ v8s fondly.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of your points are valid. A good friend of mine has a 392, and my Bronco is better in every single aspect except sound...that 392 sound is ALMOST worth it by itself. No matter what I do to the TTv6, it will never come close to it. I'm sticking to the Bronco, mainly because it drives so much better, but if I could swap my Badlands straight up for a 392, it would be a tough decision. I do think in 25 years, we will look back at this new Bronco and the last of the big CDJ v8s fondly.
Ok, I take my first statement back a bit, I do get why. It IS cool and fun go fast and sound loud. Where that coolness stops for me is when you're sacrificing off-roadability in an off-road vehicle.