First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford should do this for everyone who got bad engine valves.
Nah, I will keep my blown 2.7. Mileage is great, hasn't burned any fuel for 2 months now. Maybe this weekend she will come home and I can break it in again.
Sponsored

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a weird feeling some of these comments are from people who claim they prefer their 2.3L mustang better than a 5.0 lol

The Ecoboost engine ,in my opinion, sound like crap no matter what exhaust setup you run. It will never be a V8 and the coyote has a much higher limit for producing whatever power you want from it and handling it. Go ahead and try to make an Ecoboost in the bronco RELIABLY produce over 600 WHP, it won't happen. I applaud these guys for trying this and hope to see it come out a success sooner or later so maybe I can toss out my 2.3L for it:cool:
5.0L Gen 3 Coyote guy here, fantastic engine in the Mustang for sure, no argument. I also had a 2.7 F150 Super Crew XLT. JMHO but I would choose the latter engine for the Bronco platform, mostly based on size, weight, and better low RPM torque curve. But granted (to your point) there is more you can do in terms of power improvements to the 5.0. Not looking for loud exhaust sound or a drag strip competitor out of my utility vehicle. That's what muscle cars are for.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As "Scotty" once said the "the more they overtake the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drain" Hmm... twin turbo v6 or naturally aspirated v8.... I wonder which is going to provide good power and still go 200k miles without any major repairs......300k anyone?
I put almost 300k on a 95 bronco with the 351, I currently have a gen 1 raptor with 185k miles, runs like a top, never had any major repairs, roars like a lion....
Unfortunately, we're in a new world now, complex and expensive is replacing simple and cheap. If we're stuck with v6 engines now, I wonder how complex a 3.5 swap would be???

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thats insane. Hope they do a lot of chassis work to support the extra power.
less torque and it comes in slower. should be fine.

torque is what gets you moving, hp dictates top speed.

Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is no extra power, people in general have a problem with size and number envy. The 2.7 makes as much torque as the coyote. But it’s smaller…and it’s denominator is 6.
There is about 70 more hp...but not more torque.

It will sound really cool though...

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me the 5.0 power wasn't the reason I said it would be fun, I just love manuals and the 5.0 would work with the MT7, and the V-6 turbos are not designed or tuned for that and Ford can't go to the parts bin and just bolt up a manual. And the whole NA, heat and possible long term miles of service of a NA V-8 v. a twin turbo, V-6.

But, it would also be out of my price range... So, there's that.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I honestly don't get why there are so many people that just gotta have a V8 in a B6G. Don't get it at all... There is absolutely ZERO reason to put a V8 in a B6G.

I've owned 6 Broncos, all but my B6G has had a V8. I've rebuilt several 302s and 351s for Broncos. I LOVE V8 engines, I do. My 75 was fun as hell with a 302. I put a TCI valve body in it and with a Detroit Locker in the rear end I could bark BOTH back 35" tires when it shifted from 1st to 2nd under full throttle. The thing is, that Bronco CAME with a V8, a V8 that had a hell of a lot less power then the 2.7 in the B6G.

The Bronco is an off-road vehicle and it has more than enough power to do everything it needs to do off-road, WAY more than enough power. Putting a V8 in a B6G will only make it WORSE off-road.

A Bronco is not, is Not, IS NOT a sports car. If you need to scratch that itch, GO BUY A MUSTANG.

Honestly, it's like those guys that have the fake balls hanging from their rear bumper, Small penis syndrome.
So how about this..... Maybe someone wants to make their bronco into a roadster? If they want to then let them. Not everyone needs the most capable rock crawler if they live in flatlands. Maybe they want to do competition mud bogging. Either way that is the amazing part of owning a bronco, we can all make it ours how we want. Some folks throw ugly wheels and cheap Chinese parts in it and others throw a V8 in it.... It's the great thing about a customizable car.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
As "Scotty" once said the "the more they overtake the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drain" Hmm... twin turbo v6 or naturally aspirated v8.... I wonder which is going to provide good power and still go 200k miles without any major repairs......300k anyone?
I put almost 300k on a 95 bronco with the 351, I currently have a gen 1 raptor with 185k miles, runs like a top, never had any major repairs, roars like a lion....
Unfortunately, we're in a new world now, complex and expensive is replacing simple and cheap. If we're stuck with v6 engines now, I wonder how complex a 3.5 swap would be???
I too was disappointed the Bronco didn't have a normally aspirated option, but after driving my 2.3L Bronco for 6 months I'm warming up to it. Its a great engine, smooth and plenty of pep. Turbo adds complexity, but a V6 or V8 is much more complex than an inline 4. Any modern engine has a ton of plumbing and wiring .

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how about this..... Maybe someone wants to make their bronco into a roadster? If they want to then let them. Not everyone needs the most capable rock crawler if they live in flatlands. Maybe they want to do competition mud bogging. Either way that is the amazing part of owning a bronco, we can all make it ours how we want. Some folks throw ugly wheels and cheap Chinese parts in it and others throw a V8 in it.... It's the great thing about a customizable car.
Sure you can make it whatever you want on the custom side. THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT CUSTOM. If you want to throw a V8 in there, do it. Personally I think it's dumb, like a lot of thing people do: Putting a 6" lift with 37's on 22" wheels on a Big Bend (or on anything for that matter, Bro-Dozer), dumb. Slamming a Bronco, dumb. We won't even talk about that Carolina squat non-sense.

Let's be completely honest here, it doesn't really matter what you or I or anyone else thinks. If Ford thought it would be profitable enough for them to add a V8 as an option (with all of the investment in tooling and everything else it would take) THEY WOULD. That's what it really truly comes down to, 100%.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of your points are valid. A good friend of mine has a 392, and my Bronco is better in every single aspect except sound...that 392 sound is ALMOST worth it by itself.
I hear ya but for twice the price of a fully optioned Bronco, I will stick with the awful sounding turbo V6.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, pretty nuts. Some talented people out there.

Deleted member 32220

Sure you can make it whatever you want on the custom side. THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT CUSTOM. If you want to throw a V8 in there, do it. Personally I think it's dumb, like a lot of thing people do: Putting a 6" lift with 37's on 22" wheels on a Big Bend (or on anything for that matter, Bro-Dozer), dumb. Slamming a Bronco, dumb. We won't even talk about that Carolina squat non-sense.

Let's be completely honest here, it doesn't really matter what you or I or anyone else thinks. If Ford thought it would be profitable enough for them to add a V8 as an option (with all of the investment in tooling and everything else it would take) THEY WOULD. That's what it really truly comes down to, 100%.
Speaking of dumb…and custom…fender deletes and -12 offset wheels w/ stock bumpers w/ squatch rear bumper extensions. Some people think that is the intended look🤣 I couldn’t help myself, they shouldn’t have brought them to market. They should have included them as a combo with both bumpers. Whole lot of dumb out there.
Sponsored