Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whats up guys and thanks for your patience, as promised here is the long time coming suspension review. Now something I realized while filming this is how much ground there truly is to cover. So if this video doesn't answer any questions you may have feel free to reach out! I will be following up with separate videos diving more into depth on certain key aspects as well later.
I also broke my Bronco during the filming and had to take a break and repair it before finishing... most expensive video to date for me... :(

I'm also looking to film followup videos on more entry level suspension systems as well as Carli, ADS and Fox (The Raptor doesn't count lol) in another guide.

There will also be videos on armor, tail gate supports fitting 37's properly for off-road and much more. I also post trail runs, have a day by day run down on the Bronco Safari and more on my Youtube channel and Instagram (popo_patty). I help run a local Bronco group that does a free Bronco Academy and regular trail runs.

On the side i'm the Bronco rep for Hammer Built and am more than happy to help you on your Bronco journey and getting setup with what you want wether it's sold through me or not.

Let me know if you have any questions and without further ado, here is the video!

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been waiting for this! Thanks for putting it together

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great comparison. really needs to see how a stock badlands or wildtrak run the same course(s) since most of us will probably not have a raptor to mentally use as the baseline

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

great comparison. really needs to see how a stock badlands or wildtrak run the same course(s) since most of us will probably not have a raptor to mentally use as the baseline
Good point! We’ve put several through the course just didn’t include it in the video

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point! We’ve put several through the course just didn’t include it in the video
That was my thought as well - "I wonder how my stock Badlands SAS would handle that obstacle or CTI machine?"
I will say this though... I kinda want a BRaptor now.
Might have to pick one up once interest rates aren't so stupid.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, also, do you have a Twitter so I can tag you when I share your vid?

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was my thought as well - "I wonder how my stock Badlands SAS would handle that obstacle or CTI machine?"
I will say this though... I kinda want a BRaptor now.
Might have to pick one up once interest rates aren't so stupid.
Stock badlands Sasquatch scores a 480 on the CTI ramp. I have the flex numbers somewhere as well. I’ll film a follow up with a stock bronco too probably.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stock badlands Sasquatch scores a 480 on the CTI ramp. I have the flex numbers somewhere as well. I’ll film a follow up with a stock bronco too probably.
Maaan, more than a full inch less than the Kings, and 2.75" less than the BRaptor. 😶

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maaan, more than a full inch less than the Kings, and 2.75" less than the BRaptor. 😶
True, f you’re solely looking at flex numbers. Think how much you pay for an inch of travel…. Thankfully there are other factors making high end suspension worth it but I strongly caution people to only go high end if they intend on using the benefits. 6-7k all in for 37’s and suspension to cycle it for 1” of travel is pretty bad ratios lol

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, f you’re solely looking at flex numbers. Think how much you pay for an inch of travel…. Thankfully there are other factors making high end suspension worth it but I strongly caution people to only go high end if they intend on using the benefits. 6-7k all in for 37’s and suspension to cycle it for 1” of travel is pretty bad ratios lol
True!

It'd be worth the price for me personally to either upgrade or switch to a Braptor, so next time we're down at the Bronco Safari, I'm not hitting my bash plates nearly as much. I got some pretty good scraping on Dome Plateau and Hell's Revenge.
It looked like the BRaptor did pretty well on all obstacles and challenges - I wonder how hard it'd be to get some BRaptor take offs or similar buildout, or if I'd be better off with aftermarket.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm still not sure what I want because ride is so subjective. I just want to be comfortable going fast as possible down washboard and not bottom out. The rest is just nice to have. Go very, very fast highway, dirt road, washboard, whatever and have it ride comfortable.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm still not sure what I want because ride is so subjective. I just want to be comfortable going fast as possible down washboard and not bottom out. The rest is just nice to have. Go very, very fast highway, dirt road, washboard, whatever and have it ride comfortable.
Very true! Ride quality is very subjective. Numbers arnt though thankfully which is why I did the compression/extension and also the CTI. I’m stoked to see what kind of difference tuning makes as I just got my Kings tuned and am going back to the track once I finish repairs. Stay tuned! (Pun intended)

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The wider axles on the raptor make a huge difference all around.....
The thing is a monster, better axles, better suspension geometry and shock tower placement, better chassis. It’s almost perfection from the factory.
Sponsored