Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

3" system
and you can add other parts to it (rear control arms, track bar etc)
Ours on 37" tires
:)

Ford Bronco CTI score flex comparison between Sasquatch, Raptor, Icon, Radflo, King suspension Qm4honbw

Ford Bronco CTI score flex comparison between Sasquatch, Raptor, Icon, Radflo, King suspension rs66510r9k_1

:) very interested to see what y’all got coming or currently have too. My group is going to be doing a follow up review as well with some other suspensions such as beltech, RC, Eibach and more.
Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, do you have details about what you did with the relocation?
Very simple, after removing the rear lower shock bolt. Drilled a new hole 1.75” above the old one. Biggest reason was it had gotten bent since it was so low. I believe there are some other post on here with pictures.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Don’t know but definitely much better still. You can just tell. I also took all of them out to a dirt track and jumped them and then flexed them and then rock crawled. Raptor takes the cake all day every day
Bwaaaaahaaaaa ha (Maniacal laugh). Nice to hear that! I’m looking forward to seeing the full video soon, should be a ton of great info on all the setups and some fantastic action shots!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

CTI just don’t do it for me on IFS. It is not IFS friendly. I have seen SFA flex so far that it drives on the side of the tire. Never gonna happen with IFS, not enough travel in those CVS. They can only move so far before they pop apart.

I have said for years here. The Bronc is a big boy SxS. Three wheeling for the win. You can’t get that on a CTI. Without lockers you will need speed to complete the same obstacle. Then you run the risk of breaking it.

IFS takes a different line than SFA, watch any Ultra4 event. SFA is brutal. Get them front tires some traction and it will just man handle the rest. IFS takes some finesse, not just point and shoot. Watch Randy Slawson. Stupid flex. Crazy lines. Not afraid to just point it and let ‘er fly. And for those who think you can’t run fast with SFA , watch a Bomber. But that is SFA. Now watch IFS, moving around, changing up the lines to find a “better” way through. Like Healy or Herschel. A lot more “sawing” at the wheel.

This is of course just my opinion from years of following Ultra4 and wheeling many different vehicles. Some may disagree, which is fine, I am no expert by far but not a nubie.

Once I get rid of those plastic skids on my Basesquatch I will have more real world experience in a Bronc but for now this is just how I see it.

😁

Last edited:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CTI just don’t do it for me on IFS. It is not IFS friendly. I have seen SFA flex so far that it drives on the side of the tire. Never gonna happen with IFS, not enough travel in those CVS. They can only move so far before they pop apart.

I have said for years here. The Bronc is a big boy SxS. Three wheeling for the win. You can’t get that on a CTI. Without lockers you will need speed to complete the same obstacle. Then you run the risk of breaking it.

IFS takes a different line than SFA, watch any Ultra4 event. SFA is brutal. Get them front tires some traction and it will just man handle the rest. IFS takes some finesse, not just point and shoot. Watch Randy Slawson. Stupid flex. Crazy lines. Not afraid to just point it and let ‘er fly. And for those who think you run fast with SFA , watch a Bomber. But that is SFA. Now watch IFS, moving around, changing up the lines to find a “better” way through. Like Healy or Herschel. A lot more “sawing” at the wheel.

This is of course just my opinion from years of following Ultra4 and wheeling many different vehicles. Some may disagree, which is fine, I am no expert by far but not a nubie.

Once I get rid of those plastic skids on my Basesquatch I will have more real world experience in a Bronc but for now this is just how I see it.

😁
It’s never going to flex like a SFA, but that’s not the point. Getting real data on whether aftermarket parts add more articulation is great for the consumer. Hoping to see more numbers from other changes to see how good it can be.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IFS takes a different line than SFA, watch any Ultra4 event. SFA is brutal. Get them front tires some traction and it will just man handle the rest. IFS takes some finesse, not just point and shoot. Watch Randy Slawson. Stupid flex. Crazy lines. Not afraid to just point it and let ‘er fly. And for those who think you run fast with SFA , watch a Bomber. But that is SFA. Now watch IFS, moving around, changing up the lines to find a “better” way through. Like Healy or Herschel. A lot more “sawing” at the wheel.

😁
You bring up some very valid points. While IFS can be modified heavily to achieve respectable CTI numbers. It will still pale in comparison to a modified SFA. That being said this comparison wasn’t to show how well IFS does on a CTI but instead show you the differences between the involved suspensions and of course, the Raptor got thrown in for fun. It’s part of a much bigger comparison being done that involves way more then a CTI score.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s never going to flex like a SFA, but that’s not the point. Getting real data on whether aftermarket parts add more articulation is great for the consumer. Hoping to see more numbers from other changes to see how good it can be.
Agree. It does give some sort of comparison between different combos. Also don’t think one should compare the Braptor to the Bronc. Those 3” of width to a lot for travel up front. But will hinder you the the “woods”.

Braptors should be compared against other Braptors. I know they are doing it to compare. I’m just saying, it ain’t the same.

For example say we could put the front diff in the center and not off to one side. Now we have longer CV’s on each side without increasing width to get that travel. See where I’m going with this????

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to see this on a CTI.

It would more than likely max it out. 😆

Just throwing that out there in case you have never seen it. 😁

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would like to see this on a CTI.

It would more than likely max it out. 😆

Just throwing that out there in case you have never seen it. 😁
I've always been a fan of the engineering and design that went into that build, but it showcases a real problem people have....equating articulation with offroad capability. It can likely flex better than anything else on the planet, and it can go a lot of places that most vehicles can't, but it's not a super capable rig comparing it to rock buggies and it never changed the game as far as what's possible with a vehicle. The constant need to be adjusting the suspension for each and every obstacle would get tiring after a while when you're following a buggy that's not having to do any of that crap. It's an engineering showcase more than anything. The guy wanted to know what it would be like to remove articulation out of the wheeling equation, back when the offroad community was still trying to figure out how to get more flex on their rigs, coilover conversions were the hot ticket, and Soni Honegger's Scorpion Mk1 was the first rig to hit the magic 1000 RTI score.

There's been a lot of real world testing after that era, and now it's better understood that going past 1000 RTI isn't really going to help you out on the trail, and if you go much beyond that, you're going to be dropping tires into holes and ledges that put way more stress on your drivetrain and links, potentially making obstacles impassable, whereas a less flexy rig might just float their tire right over that trap and keep on trucking. There comes a point where flex just isn't helping you any longer, and can actually work against you. Once you get there, any additional flex is just flexing on others instead of the trail. That point can be surpassed without extreme engineering on a solid axle rig, while purpose built IFS rigs need a lot of engineering to get there. It's not possible to reach that level with OEM suspension mounting points on any mass produced vehicle, so whatever can be done to increase wheel travel and flex on a Bronco is going to be a step in the right direction.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here you go. I'm sure they make one for Broncos, or they will.

Couple buddies and I attended Barret Jackson this year, saw a Tundra flexed out on a fake rock inside. They insisted I need to carry a fake rock around to park like that.
Sponsored