Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what the average is, when you factor in all the $70k plus vehicles, but when looking at some of the most popular cars sold (Camry's, Accords, Altimas, CRvs, Corollas, Rav4, etc), their MSRPs are mid to high 20s, and many of those have the features that Ford considers HIGH/LUX in the lowest level trims.
Do a quick Google search on price of average vehicle sold in 2022 and Q1 2023. The interwebs have all your answers.

"ATLANTA, March 8, 2023 – The average transaction price (ATP) of a new vehicle in the United States declined in February 2023 to $48,763, a decrease of 1.4% ($705) from an upwardly-revised January reading of $49,468."

That's from COX Automotive and includes it all. I see you cherry picked a few low level vehicles, but none of those are relevant here. Who the heck buys a "car" these days anyway?

It's all SUVs and EVs and the average price is over $40K as I stated. As for what's High or Lux, that's marketing and everyone does it. Besides, that tech stuff is cheap as hell. What is expensive? Engines, transmissions, suspensions, and steering; this is where the cost of any vehicle either comes from, or has corners cut. Margins go up with options because the tech bits that make up higher trim levels are cheap for the manufacturer, so that's where they depend on profits; this is basic business in the world of manufacturing.

Cherry picking is usually a red flag in court, so let's not use the practice in efforts to win some cheap points in a debate; always comes back to bite.
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is a little OT, but wanted to put out the warning to Bronco owners with a spouse.

Right after I bought my Bronco, the wife started saying she wanted a Bronco Sport. She didn’t want a full sized Bronco so she thought this would be a way to get a “baby Bronco”. So we just drove home from the dealership in a Badlands Sport for her.

Don’t buy your wife a “baby Bronco”. It might have the name, but it is nowhere near as refined as it’s big brother.

No ACC, no nav and no wireless CarPlay were the obvious omissions I found just on the drive home. And, unless you get the Badlands edition like us, a pretty anemic motor. And even this 2.0L is hardly a powerhouse. It’s just “meh…so-so”

Considering her current car is a Cherokee Trailhawk the Sport feels like a huge step down (for over $40K)

Don’t get me wrong - it’s not like it’s a POS or anything horrible. But I can’t think of any other time in my life that I’ve regretted buying a vehicle just hours after driving off the lot. Until today. Usually buying a new car has you excited at least until you have to make the first payment - LOL

You just don’t get much for the money on the Bronco Sport. Same money could have bought her a new Cherokee that would be more ”luxury car” than “yugo”.

Buyers remorse is a new feeling for me. Thank you Bronco Sport.
Sounds to me you made a quick decision and didn't do your homework. I was in one at the my dealer, Badlands version and it had Nav. Can you explain to me what a car payment is?