Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this is a little OT, but wanted to put out the warning to Bronco owners with a spouse.

Right after I bought my Bronco, the wife started saying she wanted a Bronco Sport. She didn’t want a full sized Bronco so she thought this would be a way to get a “baby Bronco”. So we just drove home from the dealership in a Badlands Sport for her.

Don’t buy your wife a “baby Bronco”. It might have the name, but it is nowhere near as refined as it’s big brother.

No ACC, no nav and no wireless CarPlay were the obvious omissions I found just on the drive home. And, unless you get the Badlands edition like us, a pretty anemic motor. And even this 2.0L is hardly a powerhouse. It’s just “meh…so-so”

Considering her current car is a Cherokee Trailhawk the Sport feels like a huge step down (for over $40K)

Don’t get me wrong - it’s not like it’s a POS or anything horrible. But I can’t think of any other time in my life that I’ve regretted buying a vehicle just hours after driving off the lot. Until today. Usually buying a new car has you excited at least until you have to make the first payment - LOL

You just don’t get much for the money on the Bronco Sport. Same money could have bought her a new Cherokee that would be more ”luxury car” than “yugo”.

Buyers remorse is a new feeling for me. Thank you Bronco Sport.
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe a test drive was in order

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Meh, opinions are like assholes, my wife loves hers and it has everything except wireless CarPlay ours is a badlands and we have ACC as well as NAV.

I drive it every once in awhile, it is not a bad vehicle for a Bronco II.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only problem with the Bronco sport imo is the pricing a fully loaded bronco sport is in the high 40’s, my Bronco Badlands with Lux package was 53k, I think I got a hell of lot more fir 6k.

But a happy wife…just be happy it’s hers and not yours.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only problem with the Bronco sport imo is the pricing a fully loaded bronco sport is in the high 40’s, my Bronco Badlands with Lux package was 53k, I think I got a hell of lot more fir 6k.

But a happy wife…just be happy it’s hers and not yours.
That is beyond bonkers.

Sponsored

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think the issue here isn’t the vehicle it’s the current pricing structure. My wife has a 2021 Bronco Big Bend that had an original MSRP of $44k. Two of my adult daughters have 2021 Bronco Sports (BB for $32k and OB for $35k) and all three of these vehicles were priced accordingly at the time. Now pricing is ridiculous and the “value for the money” is gone. Blame corporate greed, blame bullshit ”supply chain issues” or blame consumers that overpay because they have no patience.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good warning. Look on the bright side that sport is $25k less than a new Grand Cherokee, I think you got off cheap.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the issue here isn’t the vehicle it’s the current pricing structure. My wife has a 2021 Bronco Big Bend that had an original MSRP of $44k. Two of my adult daughters have 2021 Bronco Sports (BB for $32k and OB for $35k) and all three of these vehicles were priced accordingly at the time. Now pricing is ridiculous and the “value for the money” is gone. Blame corporate greed, blame bullshit ”supply chain issues” or blame consumers that overpay because they have no patience.
Sounds like inflation at 9%….

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I consider a bronco sport while waiting for my black diamond. The 1.5 has to many issues and the only way to get the 2.0 is to get the badlands which was 50k+ canadian.

Ended up with a 2018 subaru outback limited with the 4 cylinder. Gets 30 plus mpg and is a pleasure to drive with lots of room and an excellent sound system.

Was going to sell it once the bronco got here but ended up liking it to much. It's a great daily. Especially in bad weather.

Sponsored

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All that paper work , financing, dealing with the dealership and 5 blocks away after leaving , geez maybe we made a mistake, oh boy

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 21 BS BL with everything except the optional wheels was 38K on the sticker. Ford saw the popularity and dealer ADM and quickly raised MSRP.

Some Dealers were pulling the same shenanigans with the Sport early on that they would do with the Bronco later.

ACC, lane centering and auto speed when on cruise control. Made it a wonderful road trip vehicle.

SYNC 3 isn't wireless, but had NAV if optioned.

It was a tough decision to trade it or our 4Runner for my Bronco. Reliability and size won over fun and the Sport was the trade in.

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does your wife think it's a bad vehicle too? Did you not research or test drive it? If you're this unhappy with it, I don't understand why you and your wife would agree to purchase one 🤔

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, I hate they named it a Bronco...its kinda like an updated escape 😭
Sponsored