Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife buys what she wants, and that wouldn’t be a sport.

OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Figmo So, you don’t do basic homework on a vehicle? You compare it to a Trailhawk, for crying out loud! You actually bring the word “luxury” into a conversation about a Ford?!!

Yet it’s the vehicle’s fault? Only issue I see here is you being the link in the equation that’s not adding up.

Do your homework before heading to a dealership. Learn to hold an informative and persuasive conversation with the wife based on her needs and likes without condescending. Stop looking for luxury in places where basic is the aim.

Bronco Sport ain’t your step ladder into a Benz. It’s meant to be affordable for young people who live a life of adventure, not for the suburban whatever, which is why it’s small and low powered. It’s for normal people, not the rich who want to take over everything and jack up the price.

To this day, I’ve seen a ton of Sports, but NEVER a Badlands trim; as that’s for the rich. Big Bends all day around here and the drivers seem happy, even though most don’t get them dirty either.

Let’s do better man.

Damn, I sure wish you worked for Ford. But alas, they'd never hire you. Because you want to make the Sport "affordable for young people" while Ford wants to charge over $40K for one.

I'm not young anymore but I know some people who are. And they wouldn't call that "affordable"

$40K, BTW, is about the same price as a Trailhawk. Which explains the comparison (in case you missed that)

Your last line about Badlands being "for the rich" is pretty much the entire point of my post. It's priced for the rich - but only rich suckers (like me) would actually pay that much for what Ford's dishing up in that trim level (or more accurately - what Ford's *NOT* dishing up).

You get WAY more for the money in the Jeep SUV line. (Cherokee, Compass, etc) And for not a whole lot more money you can get the full on Ford Bronco experience.

Which, BTW, is so much more luxury that Ford actually calls it "LUX" ;)

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think this sums up everything 🤢🤮. You can close the thread now.

Just when you think Ford couldn’t make the Bronco Sport any worse, they go and do this.

CD97820B-88B5-4731-A972-20BDC7B1B2B5.jpeg
A dealer near me has one of these parked out front by the road. I have nothing against Bronco Sports but I think this color combination will not age well. I realize it is supposed to be "retro" but it looks better in pictures than it does in person..

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a Badlands Bronco Sport 1 year into my wait for the full-size. It was one that was abandoned when the order was delivered to the dealership. It's a solid little ride with the 2.0L. It's peppy, responsive, and handles really well for a compact SUV. Oh, and it is actually pretty formidable off the pavement if you're not trying to climb Everest in it. The best part is we have had ZERO issues with the vehicle in two years. That is more than most full-size owners can say. I did get it before the price hikes ('21) which probably helps. Leather interior, sunroof, power everything for 36K. My Basesquatch is finally being built next week, so my girlfriend is taking over the Sport. Worked perfectly for us and our needs. Don't hate on the Sport just because your ego says you need to drive a large toaster on 35s.
One of the instructors at our Bronco Off-Roadeo drove a Sport Badlands to victory two years in a row In the Rebelle Rally X-Cross (stock class), beating out Jeeps and other contenders. I've seen the YouTube videos of Sport Badlands doing more off-road than what 95% of Bronco owners would do. Honestly, it's probably a better choice for many people.

My guess is the Sport is similar in weight to an Escape. Our 9+ year-old Escape with a 2.0 is plenty quick. 250hp/277 lb-ft in a compact SUV isn't exactly paltry. I would be surprised if the Sport was any slower.

I got the Bronco because we wanted to do things our Escape couldn't do (and wasn't designed to do). I wouldn't begrudge anyone for getting a Sport.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can't really complain it doesn't have ACC when you simply bought one without.

It's an $895 option and actually much more advanced than what's available on the Bronco, seeing as it is stop and go, lane centering, and speed limit sign recognition, all of which real Broncos have to do without.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ugh, the compact Sport is available with tech that is way more advanced than whats in your mid size Bronco, other than Sync 3 not having the wireless option. And the build quality is worlds better. Its confusing how buyers remorse is possible in a vehicle purchase, you could of tested it for a weekend before purchasing.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, I sure wish you worked for Ford. But alas, they'd never hire you. Because you want to make the Sport "affordable for young people" while Ford wants to charge over $40K for one.

I'm not young anymore but I know some people who are. And they wouldn't call that "affordable"

$40K, BTW, is about the same price as a Trailhawk. Which explains the comparison (in case you missed that)

Your last line about Badlands being "for the rich" is pretty much the entire point of my post. It's priced for the rich - but only rich suckers (like me) would actually pay that much for what Ford's dishing up in that trim level (or more accurately - what Ford's *NOT* dishing up).

You get WAY more for the money in the Jeep SUV line. (Cherokee, Compass, etc) And for not a whole lot more money you can get the full on Ford Bronco experience.

Which, BTW, is so much more luxury that Ford actually calls it "LUX" ;)
So, you weren’t referring to the Grand Cherokee, but that little one? Ok, that does explain.

Actually, most new cars today cost $40K. Trust me, I know how that sounds, but it’s true that’s now considered cheap.

It’s not for young people living at home with mom working as a barista, but a young professional who plays outside. Note, no one makes cars for the poor.

Lux is marketing for those who claim to need it, but I’d never consider any Ford to be luxury anything, but I also don’t expect it.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think its funny people call it a baby bronco when its like 5% smaller. It's got more passenger and cargo room than a 2D Bronco, and isn't much smaller than a 4D

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife has a '22 BS BL and loves it. I do have to keep correcting her when she tells people she has a "Bronco", no you have a "Bronco Sport", then she accuses me of being a snob. :)

As JediMcMuffin pointed out, it's funny how people call it the baby Bronco, my 2dr Bronco next to my wife's BS are virtually the same length.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife doesn't even have her phone linked to her F-150, and wouldn't use ACC if it had it. (and would bitch about it not acting like normal CC)

These seem like really niche items.

My Base Bronco has more tech than I like by a long shot. 1st car I ever had with a backup camera.

The Baby Bronco/ Bronco Escape would be a more than acceptable commuter car if you could get the 2.0 in a reasonably trim package and a stick shift.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife wanted an Outer Banks, and it was canceled. She then went back to looking and I showed her the B Sport Heritage Limited. She loved it. Egg shell blue, has every option, and yes, wireless Car Play. Also have the true AT tires, and I actually like the rims as well. Even has the moon roof, which slides into the rack up top. It has the 2.0 and it does have some kick to it. It does remind her of the escape she once had, but more rugged. She is happy now that she got a Sport, because that is what she originally wanted.

As for me, I am considering a 4door Badlands. I currently have a 2019 Harley Davidson F150 edition, lifted, tuned, ect.....I may or may not pull the trigger on this Badlands. Been trying to read up on the Bronco's, it would be a daliy driver, and also its on a lift with 37's. Not sure how equates to a DD....been trying to red who is doing it that way.

At any rate, the B Sport is great, and since it's my wife's car, if she's happy then so am I.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco Sport is much better vehicle. It's higher quality, more capable, and looks way better than the full-size Bronco, especially the 2-door.

I'm sorry - My name is Brian and I have a trolling problem :ROFLMAO:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, you weren’t referring to the Grand Cherokee, but that little one? Ok, that does explain.

Actually, most new cars today cost $40K. Trust me, I know how that sounds, but it’s true that’s now considered cheap.

It’s not for young people living at home with mom working as a barista, but a young professional who plays outside. Note, no one makes cars for the poor.

Lux is marketing for those who claim to need it, but I’d never consider any Ford to be luxury anything, but I also don’t expect it.
I don't know what the average is, when you factor in all the $70k plus vehicles, but when looking at some of the most popular cars sold (Camry's, Accords, Altimas, CRvs, Corollas, Rav4, etc), their MSRPs are mid to high 20s, and many of those have the features that Ford considers HIGH/LUX in the lowest level trims.