Voo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure I understand your title about hands on the wheel, but…

Mine is the crazy climate control system that has a mind of its own. I would have been perfectly fine with something like this…

69FDC301-5633-4C18-B916-5EECF8F6286C.jpeg

It’s a “rugged” offroad vehicle. Sometimes, less is more…
THIS! I thought it was just mine, it’s so weird.
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The upgraded B&O stereo, the instrument cluster, and the fit and finish are all awful but overall I love the Bronco. It’s my first capable off-road vehicle and I love the ability to drop the top and take the doors off.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The most annoying feature is how it led me to this forum to see a three day old thread that is 28 pages long. More useless crap.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rear doors are very sensitive to fully latch. i.e. they latch but doors are 1/2" from being flush. I think guest/passengers are like 50/50 in properly closing the doors. I have trained myself to slam it just enough that it closes all the way, but just yesterday I found myself having to pull over on the highway to open my toddlers door to reshut it.
I think this really depends on if there is space for the air to escape ie. if one of the front doors is open or a window is cracked. If a rear door is the last to close, I've noticed it takes a little more effort to close than the fronts especially in the MIC top as opposed to a soft top.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Radio volume controls not on same side as other music controls...

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couldn't take any more pages of this complain-y thread but a couple things I did not notice anyone say yet after 14 pages:
1. The rear defroster thinks its smarter than you. I use mine in conjunction with the rear wiper when it is raining and it goes off after 5 minutes if it isn't cold enough out (which I just toggle on and off every time a new song comes on)
2. The steering wheel heat can be described only as "not cold"

I think a lot of things I've seen complaints about are things that I used forscan to modify my Bronco to fit my lifestyle (double honk off, blinker volume down, seat belt warning off, rear occupant warning off, literally every single chime off). I've not seen the phantom headlights turning on before this thread so that's a new one, don't think I have that issue but I'm not in a garage either. Some things are solved simply in the settings of your vehicle and I implore you to explore the owners manual. Every car I've owned, I have read the manual just about cover to cover because there are so many things that go into creating these cars that you never think about. But things like the location of the e-brake being on the "wrong side"? That's petty. As a car guy and a utilitarian, I appreciate that the e-brake in my Bronco is in a different spot than in my sports car - form follows function. Part of owning a vehicle is the uniqueness of it.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The location of the paking brake switch and maybe its just me but i can never remeber if i should push to engage or pull, and the same applies to disengaging ..I have the manual trans so i likey use it more than others with the auto.
In the auto you can just engage the gas pedal while in gear and it turns the e-brake off for you. Probably not the case in the manual?

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you can turn the screen off. I do it at night sometimes. Its a few button presses so not as easy as your rubicon. It would be nice to be able to tweak the colors for sure
You could also use dark mode on the screen if the white is too bright but you still want the screen on.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forcing the window to “re-learn the stops. At LEAST once week. Usually passenger rear. But still kinda random.
Same here regarding the frequency and the fact that it's the passenger rear. I've talked with others who have had the passenger rear issue as well. Odd.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The location of the window controls! Ford had to run wiring to the doors for the locking feature, so why not the window buttons! Huge pain since I seem to always hit the rear windows instead of mine!! I've had this thing for 4 months and still can't get used to it!🤬
When you take off the front doors and leave the rears on (I know but some folks do this) you'd have no way to roll down the rear windows. Having them on the center console makes sense from this perspective.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Weird to me that so many hate the digital speedo. I *never* look at the analog one because there's a precise digital readout front and center versus the dark "nearest 20mph" needle off to the side.
Missing the point, in my opinion. You wrote precisely why many of us don't like the dash display. Why have an analog speedometer that nobody looks at?

It's not the digital speedo we hate, that's not the problem. I agree with you, easier to see the speed in digital format. The problem is that the tachometer on the Bronco absolutely sucks, it's a joke. A tachometer works very well as an analog gauge anyway, just see at a glance if you're close to redline or not.

So why didn't Ford just use the analog speedometer space for an analog tach? That's really all we're asking for. Small change that would completely transform the dash. Make it useful, instead of the embarrassment that it is.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Double honk can be avoided if you just leave drivers door open while you do whatever you need to do. This way the car knows you are coming back, and the key leaving is temporary.
Haven't found this to be true. If I do this but still walk far enough away I get the 2honk. Anyone else have what Rich mentions?

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So why didn't Ford just use the analog speedometer space for an analog tach?
Perhaps an analog speedo is required to keep the car legal in the event the digital display has any issues? Like an NTSB thing perhaps? Probably not since I feel like I've been in other cars where there wasn't an analog but.....

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I’ll play.
(And no I have not read all 27 pages 😎).

Alarm / panic button on the giant key fob. That Effer goes off in my pocket at least twice a week.

Edit: just did it again bending over to put on my boots.
Yeahhhh. I had to finally disable the panic button feature because of that.
Sponsored