RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since i started this post, i am now going back to the dealer for a second time to get the windows fixed. They always work fine until you pull in a drive through. How embarrassing. Also someone mentioned why are the window switches in the centre console and not on the doors ? When you have your doors off , you don’t have windows anyway. Ford oversight I’m sure.
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Piss poor design and layout of steering wheel control buttons. Ford really fucked this up compared to gm.

Radio should be able to be controlled with the right hand only on the wheel. Should have a scroll button, not just a preset scroll and volume buttons should be on the back of the wheel.

I'm assuming you have a slushbox?
I believe the steering wheel controls were VERY well placed by Ford's engineers. MT drivers appreciate the radio controls on the left side, as we're using our right hand to shift.

I agree with the second quote above. First quote is by someone who undoubtedly drives an automatic. The steering wheel volume buttons are on the correct (left) side.

Doesn't make sense to have a control input that you use regularly on the same side as the shifter, which you are also using regularly. When you slow down you may want to reduce the volume (even with automatic speed volume adjustment), which is the same time you'll be shifting.

Furthermore, it doesn't make sense to have the volume control on the right side when there is another volume control within easy reach of your right hand.

As for the GM comparison, I have a GM with the volume buttons on the wrong (right) side and the GM buttons are significantly worse, at least on my car. Worse physical layout (even if you like them on the right side), angled away from the hand, made for looks and not easy operation, harder to press. Worse tactile feedback. GM did this feature worse in every way possible.

Past thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/i-can’t-be-the-only-one-that-loves-this….52095/post-1559250

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Window visibility. The "CoPilot360" blindspot warning system is helpful, but no substitute for use of mirrors and turning your head as needed to actually eyeball who is around you, where, and what they are doing. 1) The left A-pillar, so close to your face, hinders your 10 o'clock. More than a few times I've missed (pun intended) a pedestrian on my left front. (The right pillar, not so much.) 2) Pivoting to your right rear, you have the rear seat head restraint, the right roll bar, and in the MIC, the rear roof cabinet corner obstructing lots of road view. 3) Same for looking over your left shoulder, but the near proximity of the left exterior mirror compensates significantly. I notice these problems especially when I'm entering a "Y" intersection from one of the legs, the left leg especially, when I have to ascertain if anybody's approaching from the right leg.

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Black 12" screen that cant be fixed. Manufacture hold on replacements. (n)
Have you heard anything on this or know the cause? Mine went black the other day and it didn't last long but I want to make sure I've addressed anything before I go out of warranty.

OP
OP
Skeeterjack

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had this happen on my Mustang once ,but never reoccurred.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you heard anything on this or know the cause? Mine went black the other day and it didn't last long but I want to make sure I've addressed anything before I go out of warranty.
My screen has gone black once or twice. It went away when I cycled the ignition, hasn't done it since in over a year. Don't think I'd worry too much about it.

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello, I have a 23 Black Diamond 4dr Sas, running in 2H. I traded my jeep in against it and it does very much feel more like a truck and much larger.

What I am hitting my head on is the low mileage however. I've mostly owned V8, 5000lb+ trucks and poor mpg(17-22), but I am only getting 11.9 in the Bronco on highway and 40mph roads(with very tender driving for the testing). This seems pretty low as the sticker delivered with the truck shows 17. I have to listen to my wife and my environmentally conscientious teenager when they sit in it for a ride. What gives?

Is it worth it to update the ECU, Open up the air with a larger cold air intake and modify the exhaust?

OP
OP
Skeeterjack

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes they are gas guzzlers. I average about 14 mpg. But i enjoy burning off every gallon when I’m in it. My Mustang with 460 hp and premium fuel gets better mileage.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. The frameless glass. Had it on my bmw convertible and it wasn’t near as wobbly as it is on the bronco.
2. the double honk. I start my car in the morning and don’t want to wake everyone up when I take the key out so it doesn’t get stolen.
3. Tie. The vertical tach and auto stop. Both drive me crazy. Just give me digital Speedo in center with analog tach. It’s not hard.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, I have a 23 Black Diamond 4dr Sas, running in 2H. I traded my jeep in against it and it does very much feel more like a truck and much larger.

What I am hitting my head on is the low mileage however. I've mostly owned V8, 5000lb+ trucks and poor mpg(17-22), but I am only getting 11.9 in the Bronco on highway and 40mph roads(with very tender driving for the testing). This seems pretty low as the sticker delivered with the truck shows 17. I have to listen to my wife and my environmentally conscientious teenager when they sit in it for a ride. What gives?

Is it worth it to update the ECU, Open up the air with a larger cold air intake and modify the exhaust?
That doesn't seem normal at all, especially given that you were trying to get a good read on economy by going easy on it. Do you have the 2.3 or 2.7L?

You should be getting relatively close to sticker if you haven't done anything to it, I'd be looking more towards troubleshooting than performance upgrades. The only time I averaged 11mpg was on a 70 mile stretch of beach, aired down in soft sand going maybe 40mph tops, lots of slowing down and speeding back up, goofing around, etc. Overall average is 16-18mpg depending on how much highway and city driving I do. On the highway I'll average 17-18mpg at 75-85mph, in the city I'll average 15-16mpg. I certainly don't go easy on it and I can't remember the last time I tried to get good fuel economy. Haven't kept up with trail running either, nothing gets good mileage in low range going up and down mountains.

Sponsored

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That doesn't seem normal at all, especially given that you were trying to get a good read on economy by going easy on it. Do you have the 2.3 or 2.7L?

You should be getting relatively close to sticker if you haven't done anything to it, I'd be looking more towards troubleshooting than performance upgrades. The only time I averaged 11mpg was on a 70 mile stretch of beach, aired down in soft sand going maybe 40mph tops, lots of slowing down and speeding back up, goofing around, etc. Overall average is 16-18mpg depending on how much highway and city driving I do. On the highway I'll average 17-18mpg at 75-85mph, in the city I'll average 15-16mpg. I certainly don't go easy on it and I can't remember the last time I tried to get good fuel economy. Haven't kept up with trail running either, nothing gets good mileage in low range going up and down mountains.
Thanks for the information. I do have the 2.7, which I was happy to get. I did also try ecomode, but I can't get away from that 11/12 mpg experience, my driving style was 'dad' like for this and not offroad. I am at altitude, Denver, that may impact it and the larger tires probably also impact it. I'm hoping there is nothing wrong with the truck out of the gate, that would be a bummer.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Mine started out getting 13 mpg, after about 1k miles it was much better. My best to date at 75+ mph in 4A Sport Mode using adaptive cruise control has been 23.5 mpg. Also, rims and tires make a huge difference in gas mileage. The Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust netted me about 15% increase in mpg over the stock muffler (yes, it's that restrictive).

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The double horn honk when you get out with the truck running

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not quite sure if it's really a featuer but.......How long it is taking to get one. Maybe the lack of cup holders (I went there, LOL). Still excited to get my ride some day.
Yep...not having one yet...kind of.
Sponsored