First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Give me the 2 door 2.3L with the Ford Performance Tune and a 7 Spd Manual and I'll be happy! 310/370 will be plenty to move that along.

That's basically what my Full Size Titan had in 2007, and that thing was quick. The 2 Door should be much lighter than a that
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more concerned with getting the offroad goodies, and if I can save money by keeping the base engine so I can put more of that money into said offroad goodies, I'd be fine with the 2.3L.
Solid plan....get the right gears and you'll go more places than the bigger motor will on its own.
I recall sand duning out in AZ in a couple hi-po Broncos and one gal had a seemingly weak 1986 CJ-7 , 33's , stock I-6.... that damn Jeep just puttered along EVERYWHERE the Broncos went, no drama, just putter putter putter up and down the dunes.
Definitely earned our respect.

It always reminds me you don't need to drop all this big time $$$$ to go out there and have fun. Years later, I learned with my own 69 Bronco just how far open diffs, a small lift, 33's, and good driving skills can take you. It's impressive.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Solid plan....get the right gears and you'll go more places than the bigger motor will on its own.
I recall sand duning out in AZ in a couple hi-po Broncos and one gal had a seemingly weak 1986 CJ-7 , 33's , stock I-6.... that damn Jeep just puttered along EVERYWHERE the Broncos went, no drama, just putter putter putter up and down the dunes.
Definitely earned our respect.

It always reminds me you don't need to drop all this big time $$$$ to go out there and have fun. Years later, I learned with my own 69 Bronco just how far open diffs, a small lift, 33's, and good driving skills can take you. It's impressive.
I personally have never found anything a stock cj7 on 33s couldnt do, with skill. Yeah there may be some 5 foot tall boulders or 5 foot deep rivers it cant handle but as far as anything a in the range of normal, they can do it all.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

0% chance of a V8. Give it up.

The905Raptor

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the 2.7 EcoBoost or heck even the 2.3 EcoBoost came with some sort of hybrid motor giving it more power and more torque? Give me that one; similar to the F-150.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Going to depend on cost, but I'd love the 2.7. I have the 1st gen of that motor in my f150 and its been pretty great, and it would be a blast in something that can actually get traction on the rear wheels.

That being said, if the 2.7 is locked to higher trims, or is too expensive of an upgrade, I wouldn't mind the 2.3 (especially with the tune). My biggest gripe with the 2.3 is actually the lack of port injection.

Who knows though, maybe ford will surprise us all and has found a way to shoehorn a v8 in there, and got the bean counters to approve it.... But I doubt it

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been wondering, I know it's been "confirmed" without actually being confirmed those will be the engine options, but I've been wondering, whats to say ford won't offer a V8 as an option? Maybe they made the bronco unique enough to fit it? I think it'd be freaking awesome if base engine was ecoboost v6 and the option to upgrade to a V8.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the answer to this question gets down to which one will pair with the manual. I'm Hoping for a 2.7 with a manual transmission, but i suspect that the 2.3 will be the only engine to pair with a manual. I hope i'm wrong. The 2.3 has plenty of power, but in the explorer it is just too loud. I love my wranglers but sometimes the powertrain noise can be irritating. Hoping the bronco will give a rugged but quiet ride.

Sponsored

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love the PowerBoost, but I'm sure the highest level will be on a hybrid. I'm guessing that won't be offered the first year, but I think I'd rather have a manual transmission than the hybrid with PowerBoost.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the answer to this question gets down to which one will pair with the manual. I'm Hoping for a 2.7 with a manual transmission, but i suspect that the 2.3 will be the only engine to pair with a manual. I hope i'm wrong. The 2.3 has plenty of power, but in the explorer it is just too loud. I love my wranglers but sometimes the powertrain noise can be irritating. Hoping the bronco will give a rugged but quiet ride.
others have said that the recent leaks indicate that both engines will be available with manual transmission but I can’t find it to confirm. I really NEED manual transmission but hoping to also get the 2.7.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hybrid if it’s not a jillion dollars otherwise 2.3 4cyl. I don’t tow or off-road and three days a week I have kind of a long commute so I’m just looking for the best mpg

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whatever comes with a stripped down, manual transmission, 4-door with a Marine Vinyl interior and a mechanical emergency brake. I will take armstrong windows too, if available. I would prefer a diesel, but would also take any NA engine.