Sponsored

What happened to the optional power seats in front (10-way for driver and 8-way for passenger)?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I spec out my 2dr Badlands as close as I can to the way I want it (which really isn’t that close at all) it comes in at over C$71,000. You would think that for that kind of money you could get power seats and carpet. I have been waiting for 25 years for a new Bronco and if they are going to bungle it this badly I might just forget all about it.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well said. I agree, it is counterintuitive that you would spend $60k and not have some creature comforts, but some things just don't go together. Like everything, there are trade-offs and choices to be made.

SnrPhnx

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Eruption Green OBX 314A 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally am alright without power/memory seats as I will be the only driver. As long as the seats are manually adjustable in at least 10-ways (including lumbar, for my aging back) like I have in my Mustang (albeit, power), then I would be ok w/ manual seats. But, at the prices they're charging for these rigs, it outta massage, and include a happy ending on a rotational schedule...

My main complaint is that by building 6 (5 after FE is done) distinct models, they are limiting the options/interiors severely. More models should not mean less selections as you climb the options/price ladder...

B&P gaffs, an unsteady future economy and a reluctance to swallow a limited option, non-X Plan MY1 w/ inherent mistakes and service issues led me to cancel my Outer Banks 2-door reservation this past weekend. I am still extremely enamored with Bronco, but as I bought a 2019 Mustang to drive while Bronco was delayed, I believe I'll just "keep on keeping' on" for now and check in again in a year or so from the actual drop. I'll be drooling every time I pass a Bronco on the road, but then, after seeing paint colors, dimensions and options, I'll look at my ordering configurations (including Warthog) and fire a more precise arrow at that time. Enjoy, boys and girls, Bronco is going to be one hell of a ride, I'm just pausing to purchase my ticket until after I've inspected the track a little more.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anyone considered that ford not allowing power seats in most configurations is a weight savings strategy?

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just kinda hurts to think about spending this much on a vehicle and still getting manual seats. Wish there was an option with washout and electric seats with MGV.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems to me that the delay of all these things has to do with that Gross Vehicle limit. I mean... why in the hell as you move up the Trim level do you lose things just to gain other things? You can get Bash plates, but lose roof racks, etc.

I think Ford bit off more than they could chew and are struggling to Frankenstein these things together. I used to think that it was Money... they wanted a very specific price point and would remove say the Hard top from the 4 door just so that the sticker shock going from 2 doors to 4 was not as bad.

But $700 for a top? I'm thinking everything is Weight driven now. Reminds me of that movie about ???? where they pulled out the turret guns and put in broomsticks just so the bomber planes could launch off an aircraft carrier without crashing into the ocean.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This topic began with a reasonable question/concern and turned to conjecture and hysteria...Like so many other topics on Bronco6g...

Biggest issue we all have is that FORD is mute on answering our questions.

A brand manager needs to do a Youtube type live-cast Q&A so that we can get concrete answers to our configuration questions and thus make informed decisions on model and option selection.
Maybe get a BroncoNation focal point to conduct the Q&A using the issues list compiled in these forums...

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read some other threads that say the lack of power seats on all trims is an error in B&P. It should come with adding leather but it's just not showing up right now. I hope that's the case because spending $50K+ on a vehicle with no power seats is plain ridiculous to me anyway.
Paying $2,000+ for power seats (leather option comes with power IIRC) is outrageous. Make it an option for cloth and MGV seats too. Just mind boggling it’s not an option. It’s literally a seat bracket and tilt. First year bronco’s are going to plummet in value when MY2022 comes out and has these brain fart moments fixed.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally am alright without power/memory seats as I will be the only driver. As long as the seats are manually adjustable in at least 10-ways (including lumbar, for my aging back) like I have in my Mustang (albeit, power), then I would be ok w/ manual seats. But, at the prices they're charging for these rigs, it outta massage, and include a happy ending on a rotational schedule...
My experience off roading is that by the end of the day my seat is higher and further forward than it would be in street driving. This is easy to do with power seats, especially on the move, but would be a real pain in the ass with a manual seat.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My experience off roading is that by the end of the day my seat is higher and further forward than it would be in street driving. This is easy to do with power seats, especially on the move, but would be a real pain in the ass with a manual seat.
Absolutely, I have gotten use to adjusting my power seats in real-time without fear of rolling into a ditch. Doing this manually is a death sentence.

Sponsored

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will the 6 way manual include the vertical up/ down height adjustment like the wranglers? That is a must IMO along with decent lumbar support.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I honestly don't remember the last time I drove a car without power seats lol. My Mazda has them, my focus had it, both my mustangs had it. Hell even my sisters 01 Oldsmobile Alero had power seats

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. Offer all black and all tan leather,vinyl, and cloth interior. After that they are free to mix what ever colors they choose. Finally, like you said, for practical and not just aesthetic reasons they need to offer optional power seats - 10-way and 6-way on all of them.
I'm thinking they are "free to mix what ever colors they choose," now. That's what's got y'all's panties is a knot.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly don't remember the last time I drove a car without power seats lol. My Mazda has them, my focus had it, both my mustangs had it. Hell even my sisters 01 Oldsmobile Alero had power seats
Did any of those have washout interiors? Did your sister's Oldsmobile Alero have wash out interiors?

If you don't like it, go get something you do like.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely, I have gotten use to adjusting my power seats in real-time without fear of rolling into a ditch. Doing this manually is a death sentence.
It's pretty damned easy to make any required adjustments, before putting it in drive. Y'all are just searching for shit to complain about, now. It's all almost like you can't be happy, unless you're complaining.
Sponsored