First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone seems so focused on the Wrangler vs Bronco. I get the comparison, but I see the Bronco as a bigger competitor to the 4 Runner than the Wrangler. I think that Ford did a good job placing the Broncos capabilities squarely between the 4 Runner and Wrangler.
Tacoma. No stick shift on the 4Runner. Not a competitor. But the cheapest Taco I could "order" was 10k more than a Bronco, and you can't actually order one.
Sponsored

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who were indecisive between the two... what made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? I 100% without a doubt want 2 door!! Also want auto (no manual) and trims with NO carpet on the floor.

LOVE the rubberized/washable floors many Bronco trims have which Jeep Wrangler does not seem to have (I could be wrong about this but doesn't seem Wrangler has this). But I am still conflicted between Bronco vs Wrangler... I am extremely stuck between the two and I keep going back-and-forth. It is driving me insane šŸ˜¶

I would be using mine as daily driver with some overlanding in the mountains...
Iā€™ve owned several Jeeps. I loved my Jeeps. I like my Bronco even more. My Bronco is way more comfortable for daily driving and super capable. It all comes down to what checks the boxes for you but neither is a bad choice. From the info you provided, Iā€™d go with a Bronco if I were you but Iā€™m not you so thereā€™s that. Lol.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't indecisive, at all. I bought my Bronco (2dr-auto-Badland), because I love Bronco. As it happens, though, I am driving a rented Gladiator. I am absolutely not a fan. It feels way too cramped, inside. The driver's compartment is much smaller, than the Bronco. Also, the seat does not move back anywhere near as far. I'm only 5'10", and the legroom in the Gladiator can't even accommodate that, sufficiently. The Gladiator feels way underpowered, when c9mpared to my Bronco. Also, I experienced the death wobble for the first time ever. It kinda sucked.

Guven my experience ls with both, I absolutely will not be buying a Jeep, ever.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well......

1. Because it's a Bronco, and NOT a Jeep.

2. I love jeeps, but think the platform is old, and long in the tooth, as they've rested on Their laurels. Hopefully the Bronco will push them to innovate.

3. The Bronco is a more refined, and up to date vehicle.

4. It looks better than a Jeep all day long, not the 4 doors though...... I kid I kid.....

5. Finally.....it's a Bronco dammit !!! (SEE: 1)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fishing has always been my passion. My favorite vehicle growing up as a child was my Grandpaā€™s brown gen 3 Bronco and my Uncleā€™s Bronco II. If I was riding in either of those vehicles it meant they were taking me fishing. My Bronco is my dream vehicle based on my memories growing up.
I love the versatility, size, modularity, and looks of the Bronco. Jeeps are cool too but you see them literally everywhere and all generations look so similar that none of them really stand out imo other than the old war era Jeeps. Once I heard the Bronco was coming I patiently waited and placed my reservation day one.

The first 3 things come to my mind when I think of the Ford Bronco are:
Cowboys from Texas, Country Roads, and OJ.

The first 3 things come to my mind when I think of the Jeep Wrangler are:
Hipsters from Colorado, Petrophiliacs, and Barbie.

Both can be found at your local malls. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Owning either one should be considered a privilegeāœŒ

Last edited:

Peter_benton

Raptor
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Escalade V, SL63
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had a Gladiaor loved the truck bedā€¦

driving straight down the road.. impossible

Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Build Quality.

Drove a Jeep Gladiator 1 year ago. Could not believe how rough it drove.
It rattled so bad and felt cheaply built. Perhaps Stellantis will resolve these issues in the next gen?

Also, why do so many Jeeps have rubber ducks in the dash?
Iā€™m not exaggerating when I say probably 99% of Wranglers I see on a daily basis have a rainbow of ducks glued to the dash. Itā€™s very weird. They all have ducks.

Went to a car show where a bunch of Wranglers were in attendance. Ducks everywhere!
One Jeep pulled in, and I swear the driver had to lean over his 40some ducks to see the road in front of him.

Another Jeep owner was walking around the other Jeeps carrying a container full of large rubber ducks like the size of the duck on Sesame Street. There mustā€™ve been at least 30 ducks in this container. She then set them on top of each Jeep, but skipped my Bronco.

When I asked the lady, ā€Whatā€™s with the ducks?ā€, she said, ā€œItā€™s a Jeep thing, you wouldnā€™t understand.ā€

To this day, I do not understand the duck obsession. All seems very odd.
I sure hope the Bronco community never does anything goofy like this.

Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? FullSizeRender

Last edited:

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove the Wrangler JL Rubicon and for me it does not compare with my Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux.

- The Bronco is way more comfortable (especially the seat comfort).
- It drives way way better (IFS + the 2.7 is so much more refined and smooth than the Jeep offering V8 excluded).

Those 2 points alone justify the Bronco. At the end of the day itā€™s a vehicle, whatā€™s the point if it doesnt drive well and is not comfortable? But it does not stop here.

- High speed offroading. You see I do a ton of miles off road to go camping, hiking and other outdoor stuff. My need is not to rock crawl for fun, my need is to get through those 35 miles of severe washboard, deep holes, rocks between the road and my camp spot. The Bronco excels at driving dirt roads at very high speeds in comfort. See, last time we went on a 3D kayaking adventure, we had to shuttle to the put in / take out. One way on a Toyota Highlander took 2.5 hours. The other way, with the Bronco took 1 hour.
- Space. My head touches the hard bar on the top so even if I wanted to I could not buy a Wrangler. This thing is a joke if you are tall.
- Tech. I absolutely love the 360 camera, the adaptive cruise, the wireless carplay and all the other stuff the Wrangler did not have until the upcoming version.
- Safety - no comparison
- Look - this is subjective but I much prefer the Bronco look.

In my opinion there are only 2 reasons on earth one would buy a Wrangler over a Bronco:
- Extreme Rock crawling. The Bronco is good but as a purposed built rig, the Jeep excels there. 99.9% of people who buy a Wrangler will never rock crawl, let alone do Extreme rock crawling.
- Look. As this is subjective, if you love the Wrangler look and dislike the Bronco, itā€™s understandable to choose it.

But if you like the look of both, the Bronco is by far the better car in any aspect that a car can be rated, and itā€™s better off road than the Wrangler for what 99% of people define off road: dirt roads.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I grew up in a 68 Bronco, drove it myself for the past 40 years and we (dad and I) never felt the jeep was remotely as good as the original stock Bronco. My only question is the new Bronco as good as the old Bronco? Looking forward to answering that in the coming years.

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I traded my 21 wrangler sport 2.0 2dr for my 23 bronco black diamond sasquatch 2.7 4dr

The wrangler was surprisingly quick, but had that 'wrangler' ride. I had a couple of other wranglers in my life which I was always disappointed to loose, I'm still a fan.

I do like the ride on the bronco, it feels planted, there is no jitter and bouncing around. In my opinion, it is not as fast as the wrangler, but does get up and go when needed.

The bronco for me is great for a daily driver which I can have fun, on demand. Great ride, Great interior space, with the options I wanted for a decent price.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

total lack of death wobble.