Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond gave me the off road capability that I could pay cash for.

Wanted the Badlands but we were beginning our life as full time travelers and I couldn’t justify spending the extra. Should I? Probably
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wanted all the thrills with none of the frills. 😁

So 2DR Base Squatch 2.7.

Problem was back when I made my August 2020 reservation Ford did not inform me/us/anyone that they were not going to build many of them. And when they do build one it goes to a walk in order at a cry baby dealer. So here I sit still waiting for my build date. :cautious:

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got Outer Banks for the following reasons:

1.) Paint color-matched side mirrors and door handles (I guess fender flares too, but I went SAS so they defaulted back to grey/black plastic).
2.) Interior leather
3.) Ability to get the 12" screen and Signature headlights

These few items helped balance out "luxury" daily driver & weekend off-roader.
Same here, LOVE IT!!

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 door BD with 7 speed. Had all the off road goodies I wanted: steel bumpers, rock rails, bash plates, chunky 32” ATs, low gearing, diff lock, with none of the stuff I didn’t want. Sure, I probably could’ve gotten a Badlands, but I also much preferred the interior and exterior trim on the BD. The blue accents on the interior pair perfectly with the VB exterior.
Not once when taking mine off-road have I ever wished I had any more capability.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went Base because there was nothing in Mid/High/Lux packages that I wanted. The less electronics, the better. I would have chosen crank windows if I could have. I chose the 2-door since it is the quintessential Bronco. Besides, my wife and I never have passengers. I replaced the cheap plastic bumpers, added steps, and threw on some 33's. My only options were 2.7L and auxiliary switches.

Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went base because the markups on other models just didn't make sense to me. I'm not a guy who hates modern electronics or anything, in fact I would prefer to have them, but I'm not a serious off-roader so didn't need SAS or F/R lockers (I planned on changing out the wheels and tires regardless).

But the biggest thing for me is that the interior and build quality is essentially the same regardless of trim. Sure, seat materials change, but the actual plastic trim and materials around you stay the same. Coming from a BMW where trim variations completely change how "premium" a vehicle feels, I thought this was odd.

I was very tempted by the big bend or OBX, but doing the math an extra $7k+ gets me a preferred interior color, leather steering wheel and shift knob, and the option to add the mid package and/or rear lockers. Besides the locker, it just felt like I was adding maybe $3k worth of options for a 2.5x markup. Keyless entry would have been nice, a bigger screen would be great, some of the other stuff I wouldn't use often but on occasion I wouldn't mind having - but that's bringing my $32k build up to $40k+. Almost $50k in the case if a specced out OBX, about 50% more than my base build price.

Again, this is just me, but even sitting in $50k+ broncos, the vehicle doesn't feel "premium" at all so I decided not to chase that feeling. Not the target or point of the Bronco admittedly, but still. I've come to the conclusion that the other models aren't marked up, but that the base is sold at a steep discount for what you get. Ford wanted that "sub-$30k" wow factor in initial press releases.

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted MGV seats, enhanced transfer case and rear locker. Didn't want SAS but wanted high pack, so had to go Badlands.

SgroiRoy

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2006 Ranger Sport Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a Big Ben nearly 900 days ago! At the time I couldn't afford the Badlands I really wanted. The silver lining in waiting this long, is it made what I wanted possible!!

I'm cautiously optimistic for a 2023 Bronco!

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands for the ease in washing.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands had all and probably more of the off road stuff I need. I just saw a 4dr Badlands at my dealer tonight with the same wheels and 33" tires I'm getting. I'm very glad I didn't order SAS. Now it needs to get built.

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My requirements:
  • MGV: no carpeted floors. Ski season can get muddy.
  • Roof rack (ski season) and trailer hitch (boat, bikes).
  • 4 doors (3 passengers plus gear).
  • Lux (heated steering and several other items)
And that was pretty much it. The roof rack dictated no Squatch (pre '22 rear sta-bar availability), so WT was out. The MGV limited choices to BD / BL. And then the trim package choices eliminated BD as a choice, leaving only the Badlands. Ford Marketing "won" their up-selling scheme... at the expense of having yet another harder-to-build order.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can’t get an allocation for a Raptor so went for the closest thing: HOSS 3.0.

Biggest downside is the interior color as I’m not a fan of beige…at. all. I’ve thought about Katzkin but just can’t find a combo I like that works with the beige interior trim.

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With so many different combinations of Bronco, what made you pick the one you did to order? For example, I really wanted to order a Wildtrack but do not care for the interior tu-tone leather and don't want cloth. I went with the Badlands SAS because I wanted the marine vinyl seats and my wife likes the orange trim (she went to Oklahoma State). I like solid interiors so I like the all black of the Badlands SAS with the high package. I intend to lift it and put wheels and 37's on it but that is me. The HOSS 3.0 would have been sweet but can't get it on the Badlands which is weird (unless they have changed something)? It still puzzles me why you can get some things on some models but not on the others. What made some of you get a Black Diamond or Big Bend or even a Base? Was it that you just wanted a Bronco or just a base because you intend to get crazy with it and make it a crawler (not mall crawler lol) or what? I of course as some of you know am a service manager at a Ford store so I see all sorts of different combos.

If it has been asked already I apologize but just curious as to what made you build what you built from the factory?
I went
Thanks for the replies! I wonder why (and we will never know) why they didn't make the MGV an option on the Wildtrack or the black trim rings available on the Badlands or even on all SAS for example. Seems like Ford almost forces you to go one way or the other so you get what you want but you don't get what you want. I also like the black trim rings of the WT but for me the MGV is a must. The Bronco in my profile pic was an 83. I cannot tell you how many times I was caught in a storm with the cloth interior or how many customers I see with leaking sunroof's on 150's and super duty's where the leather gets all jacked up. MGV seems like a no brainer to offer on all models.
i got a Big Bend only because i could get the tan cloth interior.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted / got my Bronco in Velocity Blue. I wanted it to match my Raptor. I was looking, but not really hard. When this one popped up, I really wanted heated seats too. Well this Bronco (Outer Banks) had that, and just about everything else. High package, Luxury package, etc. were bonuses. I'm happy.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went with loaded OBX, because this is my daily driver. I’ll drive on the beach a few times over the summer and that’ll be the extent of my off-roading. Although, some might consider NY roads as trails 😎.
Sponsored