Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went SAS OBX because I lik the interior and HOSS 2.0 has all I need for the level of off roading I will do. I'm a firm believer in get what you want!
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went SAS OBX because I lik the interior and HOSS 2.0 has all I need for the level of off roading I will do. I'm a firm believer in get what you want!
I agree, get what you want. I took the tow package off early in November, then said screw it and put it back on a week later. Iā€™m scheduled for January 9, ā€˜23.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree, get what you want. I took the tow package off early in November, then said screw it and put it back on a week later. Iā€™m scheduled for January 9, ā€˜23.
Oh man - you still haven't taken delivery? I remember you were supposed to be scheduled in January!

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh man - you still haven't taken delivery? I remember you were supposed to be scheduled in January!
Not Januaryā€™22. I placed my initial order 3/2/21. My OBX has almost every option, so I knew I was in for a long wait. Iā€™ll be ecstatic if I get it by the end of January, ā€˜23. Meanwhile I keep buying mods for it. I have to have them delivered to the office so my wife doesnā€™t see themšŸ˜Ž.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not Januaryā€™22. I placed my initial order 3/2/21. My OBX has almost every option, so I knew I was in for a long wait. Iā€™ll be ecstatic if I get it by the end of January, ā€˜23. Meanwhile I keep buying mods for it. I have to have them delivered to the office so my wife doesnā€™t see themšŸ˜Ž.
I'm scheduled for the week of January 16, 2023 and wasn't going to buy things before I got it. Yea, right! But the combination of having a VIN scheduled in Jan and the Black Friday deals, I caved really bad. I'm only human and caught the Bronco bug real bad. I have a nice little pile too...

And my list for Christmas and my birthday, which is coming up too, was all Bronco stuff too.

Edit: bumped to Jan 23. I knew that would happen.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
2dr because Broncos should be 2drs. Base because it was everything I needed, nothing i didn't. Sasquatch because it is a screamin' deal for the content. Added the switches, bumper, floor liners and Rapid Red because that was the best color availableon the base for 21. Added the extra I wanted aftermarket: tinted windows, fog lights, waterproof seat covers, etc. Still well below a Big Bend or Black Diamond with Sasquatch, so I think I'm ahead here, for my purposes.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably wouldā€™ve purchased a wildtrack or Badlands, but interior is ugly (IMO) in the wildtrack/OBX and MGV is swamp ass city here in the humid south. BB was my only real option. The cloth is cool in the summers and the mid-package has everything I need. 2.7L and Sasquatch were also a must. At least Ford made that easy.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Initially planned on Wildtrak, but once I saw interior options I optioned an OBX SAS up to WT equivalent with the roast cloth interior and blue highlights and stitching that went perfect with the velocity blue exterior. Lost a dumb Wildtrak sticker, gained better interior, color matched mirrors and handle and side steps. Added Baja mode easily and cheaply. Itā€™s perfect.

Ford Bronco What made you pick your trim of Bronco? C3CF7184-E799-47D4-B3D8-7435724CB956

Last edited:

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Initially planned on Wildtrak, but once I saw interior options I optioned an OBX SAS up to WT equivalent with the roast cloth interior and blue highlights and stitching that went perfect with the velocity blue interior. Lost a dumb Wildtrak sticker, gained better interior, color matched mirrors and handle and side steps. Added Baja mode easily and cheaply. Itā€™s perfect.

Ford Bronco What made you pick your trim of Bronco? C3CF7184-E799-47D4-B3D8-7435724CB956
Same here, I also happen to like the wheels on the OBX Sasquatch. Not sure about the tires, but I definitely like the wheels. The all black wheels look cool up close. Once youā€™re a few feet away, they get lost in the wheel wells.

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrak was the only one with Baja mode. And being close to, and enjoying, Silver Lake Sand Dunes, it just seemed natural.

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base model cause Iā€™m cheap but Sasquatch because I wanted a good starting place.

n5mj

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 FSB, '97 Ranger, '03 Sport Trac, '11 SHO
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it has been asked already I apologize but just curious as to what made you build what you built from the factory?
I went for a fairly plain Big Bend hard top 2-door with the MTX (don't care much for slush boxes on 4 cylinder motors). Options were modular front bumper (came with a "bash plate"), trailer pkg (pipe dream, thinking trailer tow pkg might come with upgraded cooling), 4.46 gear ratio with rear locker, keyless entry keypad on the door, aux switches, LED "signature" headlights (regret - they make horrible radio interference on UHF) and floor liners.

No fancy lifts or big ass tires. It rides and drives great. New Mexico roads might as well be two-tracks where I live. Kids are all grown and grands/great-grands live 1500 miles away, no need for a 4-door. The short wheel base allows whipping a 2-lane u-ey with no fuss. With 1200 miles on the clock, it returns 22MPG and climbing on 90 octane pump gas. I'm that guy that runs the ECO goat mode in town.

Went with the BB simply because I didn't want to increase the bloatware. This package had what I wanted, coming out of a '93 OBX Bronco and a '97 Ranger (still have both), the trim made sense. Stereo sound fixed with Kenwood speakers and the Kicker 10" hideaway subwoofer.

Ordered it red. It came black. Incompetent dealership. I live in southeast New Mexico. Black is stupid hot. But after waiting 18 months, I took it anyway. A wrap will fix it right up. Retired Air Force, open to style suggestions for the wrap.

The 2022 Bronco BB was the first new vehicle I've bought for ME in 25 years. It'll be my last, so for the $40555 MSRP, I ordered (and mostly) got what I wanted, nothing more, nothing less. Paid it off in 3 months. All mine.
Ford Bronco What made you pick your trim of Bronco? my 2022 bronco

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same here, I also happen to like the wheels on the OBX Sasquatch. Not sure about the tires, but I definitely like the wheels. The all black wheels look cool up close. Once youā€™re a few feet away, they get lost in the wheel wells.
Youā€™re gonna love it. I went cloth because Iā€™m in Arizona and leather and MGV and our sun just donā€™t mix. Went high option instead of lux because I donā€™t like ACC, donā€™t need heated steering, the wireless charger is crap, and I will be doing my own audio upgrades. Other than that, I added every option WT has and more.

Aftermarket Iā€™ve done PPF, a set of Baja fogs, grab handles, hood and soft top struts, heavy duty floor mats and rear/rear seat back liners, matte black rear Bronco emblem and Bronco script side emblems, matte black Ford oval, rear cup holders and a few other interior goodies. All four doors and soft top windows hang nicely in bags on one wall of my garage. Nostalgic mid-life crisis, for sureā€¦my third Bronco.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm still waiting on my Wildtrak. I like both the exterior and interior styling. I'm super excited about HOSS 3.0.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 'trims' are crap. I want a King Ranch or something like the old Eddie Bauer. I want a navy blue exterior w/ tan leather interior.

I would have preferred FE w/ the black interior in AMB but Badlands in VB is the closest I can get.
Sponsored