• Total voters

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Like the title stated, what's your Want/Need?

Advertisement

Eggsalad

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
4-dr and 5000lbs for me. I didn't do multiple votes since I'm only interested in a 4-dr for the interior size and maximum versatility, decent sized fuel tank.

4-dr with 5000lbs+ tow capacity would be a kickass versatile SUV, would check off every possible category in the SUV world at a reasonable price.

DHH

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I want a Bronco bad, but have to have the towing. I voted for 5k minimum on the 4dr because I feel that is entirely possible (they should be able to get 6k+).........but if I could get 5k on the 2dr, I wouldn't even wait for year 2 and I'd gladly pay the ridiculous 1st year markups all the dealers around here will be charging.

Philly

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep JKU, 1968 Mustang
Clubs

Personally the tow rating of 3500 lbs. is more than enough for me. That's what my four door JK has and the most I have ever towed is a small trailer with an engine crane in it.

For everyone that wants a higher towing capacity, I bet you could look to aftermarket for a different suspension setup to get you there. Although, at that point the Ranger would probably be a more realistic option.

Maybe the Bronco truck when that comes out?

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Clubs

if the new Defender can do it why can’t the Bronco?

Cookieck

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
I'm buying a Bronco because I want an offroad vehicle. If I wanted to tow heavy things I'd buy another pickup.
If I wanted to tow heavy things I’d buy a truck too. But 5000lbs really ain’t that heavy. Suvs and small trucks tow almost double that, bigger trucks tow triple that. If asking for 7-8k or more then yea, go for an suv or truck thats already rated to do that.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

My current towing vehicle has a max of 1500lbs...which I'm over a bit with my camper + stuff.

3500lb will be plenty for my current setup which I won't soon be moving away from. More is better though with towing... I certainly don't need more than 3500lb but I expected ~5000lbs which would be good for all I'd ever need.

Last edited:

Lakelife36

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze
Clubs

I'm buying a Bronco because I want an offroad vehicle. If I wanted to tow heavy things I'd buy another pickup.
If I wanted to tow heavy things I’d buy a truck too. But 5000lbs really ain’t that heavy. Suvs and small trucks tow almost double that, bigger trucks tow triple that. If asking for 7-8k or more then yea, go for an suv or truck thats already rated to do that.
☝Right there

By the sounds of it some people think it's more reasonable to use a 3/4 ton to tow their trailer to their campsite, drop it off and go home, then swap trucks for their Bronco and bring it out. And do it all in reverse at the end of the trip.

Advertisement

Advertisement