Sponsored

What's Up With The Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Option?

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Options like that annoy me. Why wouldn't we want the sound deadening material? No thanks, I want the extra road noise and poor temperature control.
I don't get it. Many people probably feel similarly about their pet options. If they want to pay for it, then everybody should be forced to get it. If I'm driving always with the roof off. You want me to pay for sound dampening material to sit in my garage?

Sorry, just not a big fan of people lobbying for less choice.
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get it. Many people probably feel similarly about their pet options. If they want to pay for it, then everybody should be forced to get it. If I'm driving always with the roof off. You want me to pay for sound dampening material to sit in my garage?

Sorry, just not a big fan of people lobbying for less choice.
Good point

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh. Not sure how popular that option is going to be.
Agreed. It's still going to be a loud cabin compared to a typical road car, no matter what. The roof will get heavier with the padding. I know it won't be terrible, given the number of pieces it breaks into, but still, more weight just makes it more cumbersome and more likely to get dropped.

Guess we'll see.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The hardtop of the new Bronco seems thicker from the side view than the Wrangler hardtop, for some reason I thought there might be an option with a foam inner layer for more insulation? I could be totally off, maybe the edges of the Bronco hardtop are configured different from the Wrangler and the Bronco hardtop just looks thicker. I had the hothead headliners in my JK, they helped, but still not the best.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Tha

Thanks for the video - after watching it I will be going with a hardtop headliner. If Ford does not offer one for the Bronco I am sure an after-market company will. And Ford most likely will as the F E apparently has hard top sound insulation std.
That one convinced me too.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hardtop of the new Bronco seems thicker from the side view than the Wrangler hardtop, for some reason I thought there might be an option with a foam inner layer for more insulation? I could be totally off, maybe the edges of the Bronco hardtop are configured different from the Wrangler and the Bronco hardtop just looks thicker. I had the hothead headliners in my JK, they helped, but still not the best.
There is a headliner option. Not sure if it's thicker than a Wrangler's.

OP
OP
Ride Em Bronco

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a headliner option. Not sure if it's thicker than a Wrangler's.
I see that. Looks like under Comfort & Convenience all models will have the option of the Sound Deadening Headliner. So if you want it you can get it from the factory - hope it is a good one.

sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With folks saying there will be no AC vents in the back I will need anything I can get to keep the heat out in AZ summers. Currently have a 4Runner which has rear vents but they get blocked when the rear seats are folded down, so the dog gets pretty hot.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According to the details in Media section there are three hard tops available for the 2-door. The standard 3 piece molded in gray. The 4 piece color matched painted. And a black painted 4 piece. The 4 piece allows the removal over the front and rear seat without removing the entire top, back window and rear windows. This top should also allow for the safari style roof rack to stay on with open air driving. This is also visible in some of the computer generated pictures and before Ford took down access to the build imagery.

Last edited:

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According to the details in Media section there are three hard tops available for the 2-door. The standard 3 piece molded in gray. The 4 piece color matched painted. And a black painted 4 piece. The 4 piece allows the removal over the front and rear seat without removing the entire top, back window and rear windows. This top should also allow for the safari style roof rack to stay on with open air driving. This is also visible in some of the computer generated pictures and before Ford took down access to the build imagery.
You can see it in the colorizer:

477F9471-A3D1-43D0-A8B8-87EC6A9D90C9.png

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Jeep was OK without the head liner. But, with the Hot Head head liner it's much much better, cooler, quieter, etc. The radio even sounds better. And the Hot Head is much nicer than the factory liners. It's thicker with better looking materials, and was lower in price. I certainly hope Hot Head will make one for the Bronco, because it a must have for me now.

Also, I noticed leaks were mentioned concerning the hard tops. The hard top on my JL does not leak. I expect Ford will have the same quality top. They can't afford to go cheap if they are competing with Jeep.

Last edited:

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't totally related, but I will be happy if it turns out that these two rack notches are at or near the center of gravity of the rear section. It could make for it really easy to hack together a $5 make-shift hoist rig in the garage.

It would be nice to have an easy "game time" decision and a 5 minute one-man job for pennies. I'll solve it regardless, but this would be a nice bonus.

Ford Bronco What's Up With The Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Option? 1595365524314