Sponsored

What's Up With The Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Option?

Buster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 FX4 XLT, 2007 F-150 XLT, 1983 Mustang GT 5.0, 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my wife's JKU it has some carpeted panels glued to the underside of the removable top. They don't cover the whole top but they do really cut down on road noise. It is only in the hard top itself and not on the 2 removable panels over the driver/passenger seats. I think they look like floor mats glued to the roof :ROFLMAO:

I would assume Ford is doing something similar, some sort of fabric/carpeted panel attached to some or all of the removable panels.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This isn't totally related, but I will be happy if it turns out that these two rack notches are at or near the center of gravity of the rear section. It could make for it really easy to hack together a $5 make-shift hoist rig in the garage.

It would be nice to have an easy "game time" decision and a 5 minute one-man job for pennies. I'll solve it regardless, but this would be a nice bonus.

1595365524314.png
That looks like it may have the removable panel over the rear seats. That will leave you with very little to remove in back

djwaly97

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like the way to go is after market based on the feedback and videos? Or will you be going with the factory one?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Options like that annoy me. Why wouldn't we want the sound deadening material? No thanks, I want the extra road noise and poor temperature control.

Well, many of us want a lightweight, easy to remove top instead of trying to make an off road SUV into a luxury also ran. More choices are better than less.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
those sascrotch packages or bigger tires is gonna sound like your next to a turbine engine to anyone in the car.

I can only imagine how loud it's gonna be without a top or rag top.

only model that will be smooth is the base model running the radials.

anyone and everyone would benefit from this upgrade. if it works

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
sound and heat deadening head liner is standard in every other Ford vehicle. Should be standard on a Bronco too

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not too concerned about the sound-deadening - though I'm certainly not opposed to it - but I am curious to see how good a job Ford has done with preventing water leaks. It's obvious they have tried to learn from Jeep owners, so fingers crossed.

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not too concerned about the sound-deadening - though I'm certainly not opposed to it - but I am curious to see how good a job Ford has done with preventing water leaks. It's obvious they have tried to learn from Jeep owners, so fingers crossed.

yuuup..the extra sound come with territory. I will say I put AT's on my honda element. the tire sound is pretty loud, and the mileage dropped quite a bit as well. seems like every year I get older the sound gets louder..

too bad the bronco and sasquanch package didn't come out 20/30 years ago when I would have appreciated it...now i'm happy with the base/bb providing I can get a few things added on......a lift and monster tires is not one of them.
Sponsored