Sponsored

Where to buy Ford Performance upgrade/flash for 2.7L ?

OP
OP
Wings2Wheels

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one in stock currently for the 2.3 and 2.7. I put the number in our parts locator for Ford dealers and a bunch showed up around the US. None in PA though. One FAD in GA shows 12 and in Detroit 10. So they are out there in the wild.
Thanks for checking...due to a very gracious and generous offer from @Oden502 it looks like I may be good to go!

My question is this...if you work for a Ford dealership (I'm assuming) and can search the system, why couldn't my dealership do the same? The people at my dealership seem nice, but I'm beginning to wonder about their knowledge/skills/abilities. The fact that the device never arrived when they said it would (a Monday) and they didn't contact me prior to dropping the truck off (the following Thursday) seems to me to be a bit ridiculous. Communication between their parts and service department is lacking at the very least.

Unfortunately, it seems lack of professionalism is endemic in all industries across the board these days.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wings2Wheels

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford literally cant deliver anything 👎😡
I understand your frustration. We ordered our Bronco in June of 2021, it was built in December of '21, and we took delivery in late January of 2022.

Why we ordered and received ours in 7-8 months when people ordered theirs a year prior (when the order books first opened) - and STILL haven't received them - is mind blowing.

I was prepared to wait 24-48 months, but we were quite surprised when we wound up with a late Christmas present from Ford.

It seems that supply issues, lack of competent employees, and a general malaise when it comes to customer service are just the de facto standard no matter where you look today. Honestly, if any business, automotive or elsewhere, could simply deliver a quality product, on time and on budget with good customer service these days, they would clean up in whatever market they were in.

Such a shame that excellence and pride in what a company delivers are more catch phrase than anything else today.

Silentwutch

Raptor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for checking...due to a very gracious and generous offer from @Oden502 it looks like I may be good to go!

My question is this...if you work for a Ford dealership (I'm assuming) and can search the system, why couldn't my dealership do the same? The people at my dealership seem nice, but I'm beginning to wonder about their knowledge/skills/abilities. The fact that the device never arrived when they said it would (a Monday) and they didn't contact me prior to dropping the truck off (the following Thursday) seems to me to be a bit ridiculous. Communication between their parts and service department is lacking at the very least.

Unfortunately, it seems lack of professionalism is endemic in all industries across the board these days.
I am a parts manager for a Ford store. And yes it's as easy as putting in the part number into a locator and we can see all the FADS (factory authorized distributors) and other dealers that show the part in inventory. We can't tell if the part at a dealer is for a customer or not but all Ford dealers have access to the same locator. I know when our facing FAD doesn't have a accessory we need they will transfer it from another location. Now I'm not sure how far out these transfers would go for example if the Chicago FAD doesn't have it in stock I don't think they'd pull it from an east coast location.....maybe if you pay more freight to get it??? That I'm not sure on. I know the logistics of things can be hard to navigate in this day and age but that does seem like a lack of communication on their end for sure.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer managed to secure one. Getting installed in a couple weeks.

BenNM1

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023/Badlands/4door/Base/Lux Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey there!

We, unfortunately, also ran out of 2.7L tuners (have a handful of 2.3L's left), but have a lot more on order. We were last told (as brballard said) end of March as an ETA for more devices. I requested an update just now to see if anything changed since last week and will update here with what I find. If we can get your order in queue, we'd be happy to allocate one.
UPDATE: Ford Performance confirmed the same ETA - end of next month
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html
Any word on when this tune for a 2023 will be available?

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any word on when this tune for a 2023 will be available?
I spoke with Ford Performance earlier today. They are expecting 49 state approval for the 2023 cals within a couple of weeks and then a 50 state approval within 4 weeks. As soon as we have confirmation that the 2023 model year tunes are available we'll make sure everyone is aware. If you haven't ordered a device yet I would recommend doing.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

Feel free to give us a shout if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any idea what kinda hit this gives the 2.7L on mpg?

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im sorry. What is this for?

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey there!

We, unfortunately, also ran out of 2.7L tuners (have a handful of 2.3L's left), but have a lot more on order. We were last told (as brballard said) end of March as an ETA for more devices. I requested an update just now to see if anything changed since last week and will update here with what I find. If we can get your order in queue, we'd be happy to allocate one.
UPDATE: Ford Performance confirmed the same ETA - end of next month
Ordered for my 2.3L came in good timing and had my dealer install… This thing really wakes up after 70-100 miles i found and mixed with the smart BOV it’s a beautiful thing.

Sponsored
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, came early. Got it Thursday last week and was able to install right away. I’d say the smoother shifting was the most noticeable.
The shifting is almost unfelt very nice and it took me 70-100 miles and another fill up to really start noticing a difference. Now it loves like a mfr

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any idea what kinda hit this gives the 2.7L on mpg?
Mileage hits from tunes are more a byproduct of your right foot and how often you use that new found power. Ford has always dialed back the torque these twin turbos are capable of producing.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts
Mileage hits from tunes are more a byproduct of your right foot and how often you use that new found power. Ford has always dialed back the torque these twin turbos are capable of producing.
My thoughts exactly i dropped 3 mpg prob but I’m hitting it more and with the BOV even more so…
Sponsored