Sponsored

Who's bought a vehicle sight unseen before?

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered a Porsche 991.2 C2s in October 2016. This was after test driving a used 991.1 C4. Took delivery in June 2017. Still have it. Love it. This was the first year of the 911 engine being a 3 liter twin turbo. Zero regrets. Just got back from a road trip with my wife. So fun!
Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2014 Camaro 1LE. The dealership didn’t even know what a 1LE was and Chevy wasn’t pushing them until a couple of years later, you really had to know what you were after. It was a very similar experience to this in that I didn’t have the exact car (with all the track upgrades) to even test drive. Worked out beautiful... love the car and there’s only 2468 of them produced for the 14 year (just looked it up..). It’s a blast to drive, now it’s time to turnover my winter truck (tired 2000 Ranger) and get this Bronco.... even site unseen

BobN

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison Diesel, 1942 Ford GPW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison diesel was bought sight unseen. The dealer only had a gas ZR2 and it was fun to test drive. Took them over a week to find a Bison. This was in August of 2019 and I was trying to find an end of model year sale on the Bison but no luck. However, I did take delivery of the Bison on August 26, 2019.

The first time I drove it was after I had bought it! Thought I had made a huge mistake! When I drove the gasser I just jumped in and drove, it was very comfortable or at least good enough that I didn't notice anything. Driving my Bison home for the time, I thought I had made a bad purchase as the seat was very uncomfortable. After adjusting the seat several times, by the time I made it home, it was comfortable.

The truck comes with a lot of skid plates from AEV, made of boron steel. For some reason, they do not include the transmission skid. I added the transmission skid, a Warn winch for the AEV winch ready bumper, low bar, ditch lights, rear bumper lights, wireless switch kit, a snorkel (high air intake), and added the Sy-Klone prefilter to it. Dumped the show/light bar and lights for an ARE Overland camper shell. Added Datin shock skids and this weekend, weather permitting I will be added some Datin parts that will allow me to mount my Hi-Lift, Shovel, etc.

So I guess I spent a lot on a vehicle I never saw before I bought and since then I have spent a lot to add on stuff. It will is a great fun vehicle to drive until the Bronco is ready and I'm ready to get one.
Ford Bronco Who's bought a vehicle sight unseen before? IMG_20200807_173653

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never have and never will. Same with color. I need to see, sit in and drive a vehicle before I commit. There is no way I would buy a color other than white sight unseen.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2012 F-150 FX4, they had to do a dealer trade from out of state, and all I had was a description of what the vehicle specs/options were. It has a been a great truck, will be tough to let it go.
It was a pretty safe purchase, as it was not a first edition or anything, always a safe bet buying any F-150.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn’t drive my 2007 STi or my 2011 STi(still have) but I drove used one on the lot beforehand so I knew what I was getting.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ordered 1987 Mustang GT in 86. It was Blue and Silver, T tops, and every option available. All new redesign and when it was delivered it had a chip on one corner of the T-Top. Dealer said wasn't going to get me a new top but we could re-order the car as he had plenty of people that would snatch this one up. I was pissed but I wanted to be the First 87 on the streets so took delivery. Damn good decision because for at least 3-4 months the car was getting attention!

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't think this has been asked before, if it's a repeat then my apologies. So odds are for most us that the first time we drive a new Bronco it'll be when we drive our own away from the dealer.

Question is has anyone ever done this before and how did it turn out?

My story is that I have, twice. First was in Germany, ordered a US spec BMW 318ti strictly off of magazine reviews, I did love it though, fun car and it was everything the reviews said it was! Second was in Texas when my oldest was getting her license at 16. There was really nothing she wanted and Texas is all about trucks and they're proud of them at what they were asking but there was a used Rav4 she liked but didn't like the color so I asked what color she wanted then proceeded to look on the internet. Found the right one in SC at a Ford dealer of all places (didn't live here then) and had it shipped to Texas. She had the little Toyota for 6 or 7 years, great car and it was seriously in great shape.

That's my story, one new and one used both good endings.
Probably like many here, this will be my first brand new vehicle.....ever, granted my wife and I are only in our late 20s. Every single one of our vehicles has been purchased used after test driving and having them inspected by a local mechanic. To be honest, I never thought my family would be in the financial position to buy any vehicle brand new. My wife and I both grew up in poor families so new was never an option. I made a promise to myself at a young age that I wouldn't live the same way as either of our parents had (not that I'm better than them, I just wanted better for myself and I know they did too). I joined the Army at 17 and 9 years later I got out. Joining was the best decision I've ever made. It set me up for success and I loved my time in. My wife and I own our own home and vehicles and are almost completely debt free. After several years of hard work, we are financially ready to get a brand new vehicle and it was always my dream to own a restored Bronco, but I guess a brand new one will suffice. I'm one of those that believe the American dream is alive and well, you just have to seek it out and put in the effort. After all, my wife and I did it with no college. Sorry that was long but you shared your story so I figured I'd share ours. God bless!

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2003 F-150. Custom order. First time I drove it was leaving the dealership taking it home.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve bought dozens of vehicles sight unseen. Even before I was a dealer. Now, they were not brand new models that had never been out before, although they were used cars.

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought a 1967 FJ40 sight unseen. That was a mistake but I was young. I bought my current house sight unseen and I don’t have any issues with it.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A 1999 Mitsubishi Galant, in 2000. I was stationed in Florida, called my dad and told him I wanted to buy a car. He told me to come up with $2k downpayment and he would help. So, I worked at the McDonalds on base. Fast Forward a few months i'm stationed in VA, $2k saved and I'm at a dealership with a friend. Call my pops and tell him, I got my $2k and found the car. He glances the Houston Classifieds finds the same car less miles and $2k cheaper. A week later, he has my cousin drive the car to me from Houston.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought the 2007 FJ Cruiser when it first came out. My favorite new car buy ever. I hope the Bronco eclipses that experience.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, at least twice. I trust certain professional auto journalists (the ones not afraid to legitimately criticize a particular car), and so far that trust has not been misplaced. If say David Tracy likes the Bronco, that's good enough for me.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious on this point. For those of you who have bought a vehicle sight unseen, are you of average height/ weight. I have no concerns because I'm 5'10" and weigh around 185. I would think that buying a vehicle without inspecting would be near impossible in above or below average ranges.
Sponsored