Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m 99% on the Bronco train right now. I wanted another new Jeep, but I’m done with the 3.6 pentastar and it’s lack of power. I’m not interested in the 4 banger or the over priced diesel. I’m hoping the interior on the Bronco is wider, and with more leg room than the JL.

With the 2.7 being confirmed, the Bronco will have the power I was looking for in the 5.7 liter hemi Jeep should offer. I’ll get the same top off doors off fun vehicle my Jeeps gave me in a brand new package.
Sponsored

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m 99% on the Bronco train right now. I wanted another new Jeep, but I’m done with the 3.6 pentastar and it’s lack of power. I’m not interested in the 4 banger or the over priced diesel. I’m hoping the interior on the Bronco is wider, and with more leg room than the JL.

With the 2.7 being confirmed, the Bronco will have the power I was looking for in the 5.7 liter hemi Jeep should offer. I’ll get the same top off doors off fun vehicle my Jeeps gave me in a brand new package.
But will the 2.7 cost more as an option?

Sponsored
OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, I don't trust the quality of FCA and I don't like the engine options for the Toyota.
In what way dont you like the engine options for the Toyota?

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4runner- Just like everyone else has said, hilariously outdated and anemic powertrain. Also kinda expensive for what you get. With that said the 4R will still be at the top of my list if Bronco doesn't work out for me.

Wrangler- I said this in another thread, but the space in the 'cockpit'. Not enough space for my left knee. Also my head brushes the roof and has potential to bang off the roll cage.

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll know when I sit in one for sure, but right now it’s purely because it’s a Bronco and I’ve wanted one for 30 years. I never pulled the trigger on an EB, but now I’m in a good place to make owning a Bronco a reality & the timing of the release is perfect.

Sponsored

Ponderess

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im pretty late to the Bronco game, and was looking at a wrangler before I heard of its revival. From what I gathered a lot of people complained about their wrangler- and I was told their quality was going down hill. So I looked into a 4runner, but wasn't feeling it's style! I don't know much about cars but my 04 ford explorer has been nothing but reliable. So seeking that and some major style points- I don't see what could be an alternative.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No big rocks or hardcore offroading where I'm at so the capability over driveability of the wrangler does nothing for me and they seem...stale. Dont want to drop new car money on a 4runner that's been outdated for years. One of the new explorers would work but after seeing the price building one how I'd like, I imagine I'll be able to get a lot more fun and enjoyment out of a "road warrior" equipped bronco

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

lol. what engine options?
4Runner - 4.0 released in 2002 - updated in 2009 (current offering)
Tacoma - 3.5 released in 2015 - designed for sedans

Great options :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored