Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I currently have an 18 JLU, which I intend on keeping for a while. It’s been quite reliable excpet for a bad battery and a steering damper recall. I’m interested in the Bronco and when it comes time for a new car, hopefully I’ll have several options to look at. Would love my next Jeep or Bronco to be electric.:)
Sponsored

mrkastni

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKUR, 2018 Tundra Crewmax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
JK 4 door Rubicon owner here. (2010 Manual) I am considering the Bronco, well because the old ones were super cool, and frankly the new JL Jeeps have been priced way out of my acceptable range. Hoping to see price points on the Bronco low enough on the base models to swing a trade and cash difference that is reasonable enough to swing.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me personally, like many others have commented, it's a nostalgia thing mainly. My Pops had a 1994 forest green and tan 351 with a mild lift and alcoa style rims. I loved that truck more than any other. His Bronco is why I currently own a pretty decent 1994 myself. But it's also a history/'merica thing. The Jeeps were built and designed partially by Ford, then they made a better faster version "SUV" Bronco to compete with the Jeep post ww2. The 4runner or any yota for that matter just doesn't have the history for me. And even though it isn't completely american, I feel that the ford bronco is more american than the 4runner. I have a thing for the first gen Broncos and the new ones might just crazily be cheaper than the a comparable condition first generation. Lastly, the fact that an american iconic company, Ford, has their stock price basically in the toilet, makes me sad. I hope the sixth generation Bronco is a huge hit, and helps solidify ford back at it's righful place atop car manufacturers, and keeps our peeps working at outdoing the competion for a long time to come.

20170619_105120.jpg

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As weird as it sounds, I just like Ford's products (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury). It is probably because I am most familiar with them, but other cars just don't seem to drive the same to me. I always wanted something Jeep-like, which led me to drive Explorers (I know, not very Jeep-like), but the prospect of the Bronco as a true off-roader from Ford has been so exciting.

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
Not sold on the new Bronco, but it has the following going for it:
#1 - Gladiator 2-door not available
#2 - Bronco 2-door will be available
#3 - Gladiator 2-door not available
#4 - 34.4" tires a stock option
#5 - Very limited options for Tacoma 2-doors
#6 - Wranglers are overpriced

I am looking for something with a shorter wheelbase that can handle 35" tires without reinventing the wheel. Until now, the most feasable modern option has been the Wrangler.

I became interested in the new Bronco when rumor was it was going to have a solid front axle. I'm not against IFS - if it can handle the large tires stock I'm all for it. If the new Bronco off-road package (lockers, large tires) is available in a modest model/trim package I might have just found the first vehicle I would buy new. If I have to spend thousands for options & accesories I don't want to get the options I need, I will look elsewhere.

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol, come on now. It's not like that, it's more fun.
I'm just being a punk. ;)

For me it's because my old Bronco was one of my favorite vehicles I've had and I've had many. Just ask my poor wife. ?

I bought one just like this out of high school and this was freedom for me.

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler? 1989-ford-bronco

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not necessarily choosing a new Bronco. If it lives up to my hopes, then I'm probably in. Having had at least seven Broncos so far, it is partially a nostalgia thing and partially a desire to not be driving another Rubicon like those I see by the dozens daily. I'm sure the Bronco will quickly become a vehicle that shows up in handfuls at the mall as well - but there will be some uniqueness for a while.

If it doesn't live up to my hopes, though, I'll just pour money into my '71 and maybe pick up a '95-'96 to refresh and make some major performance/comfort upgrades to.

Kaster

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Own a 2007 Toyota FJ with over 200k miles and it's been fantastic, but i'm looking for a truck to go camping/overlanding and toyota's 4runner is way too outdated.

Hopefully the new 4 door Bronco/manual suits my needs.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not a Jeep guy and I miss my Toyota FJ but am not willing to pay the premium for a used one. The 2 door model should do everything my FJ did, plus have a removable top. Plus, the MT with a low/crawl gear seals the deal.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a Jeep guy and I miss my Toyota FJ but am not willing to pay the premium for a used one. The 2 door model should do everything my FJ did, plus have a removable top. Plus, the MT with a low/crawl gear seals the deal.
Dude, the FJ has been gone since 2015 model I think? Used ones still go for over 30K. Highest resale value vehicle in the country.

Sponsored

OJbroncoFTW

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F250 powerstroke, 1996 Ford Ranger, 2013 Mustang GT
What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
Looks like an FJ Cruiser

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engine tech alone Ford has them both beat . Then you throw in the nostalgia And Ford wins on cool factor. From all the teasers we’ve been provided the design contains an attention to details that far surpasses the competition. You can get it in a manually, 4door, 2door, insane gear ratio, tons of tire sizes, just options left and right here. I’d say Ford has accomplished something special and I can’t wait to be part of it. I also suspect we’ll see pricing just below the wranglers, fingers crossed on that one:)

Foolster

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996Suburban2002Mustangconvertible2002SportTrac
Your Bronco Model
Base
First a manual transmission. Second proven reliability with a 2002 Sport Trac with a manual five speed and a 2002 Mustang GT with a manual five speed. These two vehicles have over 300,000 miles combined with no major repairs. I have never replaced a clutch, alternator, starter, water pump, etc. The only repairs are the normal wear items. Batteries, belts, brakes, lubricating fluids, etc that are a part of normal maintenance. My experience with Ford vehicles is that they save you so much on maintenance that they are the cheapest long term vehicles to have.

When we buy our blue Bronco with a seven speed manual we plan on keeping it for a minimum of 30 years and 300,000 miles. It will replace a 1996 Suburban with more than 250,000 miles on it. The Suburban is a good vehicle but loves parts. It is on its fourth alternator, fourth starter, third water pump, etc. The rear axle bearings failed and the axle had to be torn apart and rebuilt. The automatic transmission failed at 120,000 miles and was replaced. Our Fords have had none of these problems.

On our farm we had a 1957 Ford 850 tractor that we put over 100,000 hours on before we sold it. We know where it is and it is still running and being used today. Every 30,000 to 35,000 hours we would totally tear it down and completely rebuild everything. We have an F650 as our main farm truck with a 5.9 Cummins diesel that we will maintain and use for more than 40 years. Its predecessor was a 1976 Chevy C60 that we still have and use. It is only 44 years old. In our experience the best reason to buy a Ford is to have owned a Chevy first.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on my 3rd FJ (2014), Ive had an FJ for 13 years, its time for a change.

Truthfully I'd be in a JL Rubi right now if it wasnt for the 420 page "Loose Steering...." thread on the JL forums that FCA is still working on a fix for. I'm not a brand loyalist, I reserve loyalty for friends and family. Make something I like and I'll buy it. And I like the Bronco! That being said, do I think my FJ will hit 300k miles with far less maintenance then a Ford or FCA product? (If i can keep the frame from rusting, lol) Absolutely. Still havent decided if Ill keep the FJ or sell it when I get a Bronco. But again, time for a change.

The 4runner just never really "did it" for me. And at this point is ridiculously outdated. Reliable, sure, but I'm so sick of looking at that thing.

Now the only question is will I be able to wait a yr or 2 to see what bugs they have. I was able to hold off on the Wrangler, but damn the Bronco is nice..
Sponsored