Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting and agreed, I think the Australians and South Africans like to use skinny tire for most applications, it cuts through the sand better and slow wider turns, larger 35's and up are good for other situations such as mud
I still have thoughts of 4DR Base with 2.7, aux switches, floor liners and mud flaps and switching to 235/85R16's and lightweight wheels. I mainly fight potholes and snow/slush and I'm liking the the old school skinny tire look, just want a little taller tire.
Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rubicon hold their value ..... in the end sure maybe bc Jeep people are nuts but just like a lariat 60k f150 versus a 36k sxt sometimes it only seems they hold their value because they were $24k more to begin with
Holding value isn't an issue as I plan to keep it at least 10 years. I've had my current F150 12 years now and will probably keep it as the "beater" truck.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rubicon hold their value ..... in the end sure maybe bc Jeep people are nuts but just like a lariat 60k f150 versus a 36k sxt sometimes it only seems they hold their value because they were $24k more to begin with
All wranglers hold there value regardless of trim. They also seem to be the only vehicle that increases with value the more you customize it.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All wranglers hold there value regardless of trim. They also seem to be the only vehicle that increases with value the more you customize it.
This is amusingly true.
I've seen used Sport wranglers & gladiators with some Aftermarket stuff on them go for thousands of dollars more than a new, and I'm not talking about the hard-core stuff like new axle assemblies, lockers and such.

I'm talking about your basic 2-inch lift (maybe), aftermarket wheels, angry-eye grill, cheapest cool looking bumper they can find, and various LED lights/light bars.

Also, their asking price is usually double the cost of stuff they added and people actually buy them without question. At least that's how it is in my area.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I usually buy base or one step above and ive been lucky with resale so far maybe because my stuff is all tricked out lol.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is amusingly true.
I've seen used Sport wranglers & gladiators with some Aftermarket stuff on them go for thousands of dollars more than a new, and I'm not talking about the hard-core stuff like new axle assemblies, lockers and such.

I'm talking about your basic 2-inch lift (maybe), aftermarket wheels, angry-eye grill, cheapest cool looking bumper they can find, and various LED lights/light bars.

Also, their asking price is usually double the cost of stuff they added and people actually buy them without question. At least that's how it is in my area.
Modifying any vehicle from stock should decrease its value. If what you said is reliably true in any way that would be a first. That would be terrific if it held true for the Bronco as well! I wouldn't benefit from it but that would be a nice cushion if it keeps its value better than other cars.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haven’t heard this talked about yet...

When the BaseManSquach option is released, the price should be roughly $1800-2000 less than the current build price with the 10A/2.7 and Squach package. Something to consider when comparing build prices for a higher trim level. If you are lucky enough to take advantage of the Granger deal, then a BaseManSquach would be in the low $30’s (before tax). That’s a heck of a rig for that price.
I've been wondering how Ford would handle this. They baked the price of the Auto into the Sasquatch. Now that they are offering the Mansquatch how will they handle the price reduction? I'd be surprised if they offer the full $1500 credit that would be due.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only thing my Base will lack is the lockers. For the price I find myself having a difficulty finding justication for purchasing squatch when in 4 or 5 years when I will be out of warranty and the rig will not be new I can just get the lockers off a wreck for a 3rd the price and turn the wrench myself.

Until then I doubt I will actually want to beat on the rig like a rented mule as it will still be somewhat new so can go without lockers.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Modifying any vehicle from stock should decrease its value. If what you said is reliably true in any way that would be a first. That would be terrific if it held true for the Bronco as well! I wouldn't benefit from it but that would be a nice cushion if it keeps its value better than other cars.
It varies from area to area, but for the most part it is true, as far as Jeeps go. I've gone thru local, state and online classified ads along with Autotrader ads.

I looked up what it's value 'should' be in KBB, then got a general idea of what stuff they added to it. I then added up the total 'new cost' for those Aftermarket parts and compared it to what the asking price is and what it books for.

Most of the time, the price they were asking included full 'new cost' of the stuff they added and there were instances where the price reflected DOUBLE the new cost of the added stuff.

It's probably a Jeep thing, but people weren't flinching with the asking prices. I've even seen v-8 conversion Jeeps that have a conversion that's 5+ years old and the price they're asking reflects the total cost of the conversion added on top of it's KBB value.

As far as the Bronco goes, I think it's going to take a little while before it catches on, but it 'could' possibly end up holding it's value better than most vehicles. Especially if the Aftermarket goes wild and people start seeing some of these Broncos, that have been modified, driving around.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've considered it, but the cloth seats and giant plastic grille kill it for me.

So, I bump up to Black Diamond to get MGV. Then, I look at the not having the signature lights, still don't love the grille, and realize I'm only couple grand away from what I really want.

So, I land on a Badlands.
The ol' bronco builder syndrome

Sponsored

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the fact that jeeps are the rare bird where mods increase its value just tells you more about new owners in general and how smart they are ?? they only get the price because collectively a group of people are dumb enough to pay it lol. Jk jk jk

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m getting a BL (because of the wife), but I secretly want an iconic silver base, mt, 2.3 with no options.

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was being converted by this thread, but weirdly in Canada the Base Squatch is not as good of a deal as it is in the states. Factoring in Exchange rates the base Squatch is 3-4k more up here, yet weirdly a tricked out Bad Squatch is 3-4k cheaper here... Go Figure!

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
It varies from area to area, but for the most part it is true, as far as Jeeps go. I've gone thru local, state and online classified ads along with Autotrader ads.

I looked up what it's value 'should' be in KBB, then got a general idea of what stuff they added to it. I then added up the total 'new cost' for those Aftermarket parts and compared it to what the asking price is and what it books for.

Most of the time, the price they were asking included full 'new cost' of the stuff they added and there were instances where the price reflected DOUBLE the new cost of the added stuff.

It's probably a Jeep thing, but people weren't flinching with the asking prices. I've even seen v-8 conversion Jeeps that have a conversion that's 5+ years old and the price they're asking reflects the total cost of the conversion added on top of it's KBB value.

As far as the Bronco goes, I think it's going to take a little while before it catches on, but it 'could' possibly end up holding it's value better than most vehicles. Especially if the Aftermarket goes wild and people start seeing some of these Broncos, that have been modified, driving around.
That's nuts. I get that Jeeps are popular but generally dealers and most second hand buyers are (rightfully) insure of the quality of parts, installation, and use over time. I guess if a small but dedicated community sees the value in it it kind of creates a steady appeal for the higher price. I'm rambling. It's just interesting. Jeep people are kinda weird not that that's always a bad thing. Just the dedicated wrangler folks who would come and look at ours seemed a bit off.

The only thing I noticed when we'd buy and sell Wranglers were that slight lifts or aftermarket 33-35" wheels and tires didn't seem to affect their value or appeal. Which is understandable if it is still in good shape.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why don't people consider base with sasquatch and modular bumper comes with bash plates. And get brush gaurd and rock rails for like 37500. You will have a badass off-road machine.
I had been Base Sasquatch and Roof Rack/Rails only for $36K, I just added Bumper, Bash plates and Rails and as you say, $37.5 K and is everything I could want...we'll see which way I go at order time.

There has been some hate on the factory Modular Bumper and Rock Rails but, being Ford Factory equipment, they are nicely integrated into the whole package. And you get the BD look for less $$$.
Sponsored