Sponsored

Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad?

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad even though I know I will never use its capabilities. I guess I can’t say never, but almost never.

Anyone else feel that same way?
I'll rarely use it but... I love the look. It'll be under warranty. Its 5 extra k which is no biggie to me.
Sponsored

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Either we have the same wife or this is happening all over. Either way I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Oh, it's happening all over. My wife says she is so tired of me talking about the Bronco.

Also, the most I will do with my Sasquatched 4-door is drive on the beaches in OBX so it is more about appearance than performance for me. But I am absolutely getting the sassy package!

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the '21 aka 'Mid-Life Crisis' to be as capable at delivery as the '70 aka 'Bank Robber', since the CFO will drive the '21 and I will drive the '70 during Super Celebration West next fall. (y)

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When the Bronco was first announced I wanted BaseSquatch, but found out it was not offered with manual. So I scrapped the idea. Now it's offered late availability but I'm not going to wait. I am now on Badlands manual no squatch.

After reading posts out here I don't think it's necessary that I need/want 35" tires. Not gonna rock crawl or do technical trails.

Sponsored

youngbuck

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad even though I know I will never use its capabilities. I guess I can’t say never, but almost never.

I'm getting it because I want it and its a good deal on a base and warranty is sick

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would maybe utilize the fully prowess of the Sasquatch package maybe 5-10% of the time of the entire ownership. It doesnt make sense to my needs, but if that is what you want; get it.
Either we have the same wife or this is happening all over. Either way I'm glad I'm not the only one.
This is either depressing or justified. Its like my kids talking about video games, its all they know because they are teenagers. They dont have real world experiences to have actual conversations. So i can understand the annoyance of a repeated topic. But my wife enjoys seeing me get excited over the new vehicle purchase, and is constantly asking me about things I have marked down on my notes.
It looks awesome! But I urge everyone who is thinking of going Sasquatch and is on the fence to check out a Wrangler with 35s. Don't just look at if from a far. Go up and stand next to it. If you know someone who has one ask if you can climb in and out a few times. You really need to swing your leg up to get in. From a daily driver practicality stand point you need to ask yourself if you're willing to deal with that each time you drive the vehicle.
THANK YOU!!! I used to own a few super lifted vehicles, and now that I'm 35, I look at the practicality of the whole thing. Same dilemma has been waging war on my choice of transmission. I haven't had a manual in nearly 7 years, and off roading with one in 13 years. I have gotten comfortable with my lazy, old man style of driving, and I am not sure if I am going to enjoy rowing through daily commutes. But on the same token, nobody else in my household knows how to drive a manual, and I feel luke it could be a teaching opportunity.
I actually have a friend who has the 6spd wrangler coming to visit who has agreed to let me dust off my cobwebs. So again thank you for making the suggestion they "try before (they) buy"

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is either depressing or justified. Its like my kids talking about video games, its all they know because they are teenagers. They dont have real world experiences to have actual conversations. So i can understand the annoyance of a repeated topic. But my wife enjoys seeing me get excited over the new vehicle purchase, and is constantly asking me about things I have marked down on my notes.
She's a keeper.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because it is sexy AF. Don't worry me and my Mall-squatch CG OBX will be in the parking spot right next to you. Maybe with a cuppa too tree splash mark. (Maybe.)

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Sasquatch is a must for me. Purely based off pictures i've seen its the only bronco that looks like I want it.
Honestly I see in the near future, when the 35's wear out, putting on a 2 inch lift and 37's.
And having the Sasquatch package will give me the stronger axle and gearing so 37's will work great.

Am I going to need front and rear lockers? Absolutely not. Rear lockers will come in handy, but not very often.

bsmith1973

Badlands
First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 Bronco, ‘15 F-150, Badlands on the way
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It we're being honest, this as silly a first world problem as there is...especially since this won't even be a daily driver... but I've been on the fence for months about this. I like the idea of adding Sas, and agree, having the ability to say it has Sas will make it more valuable (at least in my mind). BUT I REALLY don't like the beadlock wheels and the MT tires that come with it. That beauty ring is terrible...I love the look at the WT wheels, but that's it...totally out on the rest of the WT. I have no plans to take this thing and doing and serious off-roading. I really want to add Fuel rims and Nitto Trail or Ridge grappler. Can anyone say with certainty that a leveling kit would allow for 35's...or at least 34's or will a leveling kit make it ride like a$$? I keep telling myself there will be a ton of aftermarket options and to just chill out.

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel like Sasquatch adds more value to the rig aka resale value. Plus I like the look and the fact that its factory components and covered under warranty.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I totally understand, I was going to do a Badsquatch. Now Im not so sure i need anything more then a basesquatch. My wife said she is so tired of hearing the words that come out of my mouth about the bronco. haahahaha
I've not told my wife yet. That's my whole hitch in this thing.

I'm hoping she's been spying on my internet site history. Lol.

I guess I need to bring it up as a topic soon before ordering begins...

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad
Because you know Ford just didn't give a name to the "Wimpy" package that all the rest come with .
Sponsored