Sponsored

Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It we're being honest, this as silly a first world problem as there is...especially since this won't even be a daily driver... but I've been on the fence for months about this. I like the idea of adding Sas, and agree, having the ability to say it has Sas will make it more valuable (at least in my mind). BUT I REALLY don't like the beadlock wheels and the MT tires that come with it. That beauty ring is terrible...I love the look at the WT wheels, but that's it...totally out on the rest of the WT. I have no plans to take this thing and doing and serious off-roading. I really want to add Fuel rims and Nitto Trail or Ridge grappler. Can anyone say with certainty that a leveling kit would allow for 35's...or at least 34's or will a leveling kit make it ride like a$$? I keep telling myself there will be a ton of aftermarket options and to just chill out.
If you're getting a Badlands, you shouldn't need a lift for 34s. I keep going back and forth also. I'm trying to figure out if I get a Badlands without it, can I add 35" KO2s later (they are actually 34.4) without rubbing, especially when turning.
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah and if you are over 60 you really better think about that. :p:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Considering how much I'm spending on this vehicle... I might need to hold onto it till I'm 60. (I'm 31 btw)

DaveM95

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It we're being honest, this as silly a first world problem as there is...especially since this won't even be a daily driver... but I've been on the fence for months about this. I like the idea of adding Sas, and agree, having the ability to say it has Sas will make it more valuable (at least in my mind). BUT I REALLY don't like the beadlock wheels and the MT tires that come with it. That beauty ring is terrible...I love the look at the WT wheels, but that's it...totally out on the rest of the WT. I have no plans to take this thing and doing and serious off-roading. I really want to add Fuel rims and Nitto Trail or Ridge grappler. Can anyone say with certainty that a leveling kit would allow for 35's...or at least 34's or will a leveling kit make it ride like a$$? I keep telling myself there will be a ton of aftermarket options and to just chill out.
Leveling kits will prob fit a 35” but if I were you I’d get the Sasquatch package and then just sell your tires and wheels for a new set of your liking. No sense in having 35’s without the Sasquatch package since the gearing won’t be that great for it

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because if you don't and pull up to a squatched Bronco, you'll be regretting your decision. :)

There will be many who regret not getting squatched, but I bet not a single person will be unhappy with their squatch. If you have any doubt and it's in your budget, get squatched!

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Following up on what Bullitt wrote, if you can afford it and you want it, I would get it because you may regret not getting it. Why you want it? Probably because it's higher end, most would say better looking, more capable, probably improves resale value. I would say it's like a fast car, you probably don't need to accelerate 0-60 in 5 seconds (or whatever is fast to you) but it's still nice to have if needed.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Imho, if living with 35s is a big challenge for you, you really ought to consider whether an super heavy, open top truck with removable doors, off road suspension, and poor aerodynamics is really what you want anyhow.

The step height of entry of 35s over 33s(1" higher) will probably be the least of your issues.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Imho, if living with 35s is a big challenge for you, you really ought to consider whether an super heavy, open top truck with removable doors, off road suspension, and poor aerodynamics is really what you want anyhow.

The step height of entry of 35s over 33s(1" higher) will probably be the least of your issues.
Its not that he cant or I cant, its just that it might get old and the 5 seconds of feeling manly when next to another squatch, doesn't match the daily driving and hassle. The young guy across from me was telling me last year, he is so happy not to have his lifted truck anymore, and just his standard F250. I think they are cool as hell looking, and spend half the time with my builds showing them, but lets be honest, its goofy as hell buying one. That doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile to do.

I just think you should enjoy what you get, and don't make sweeping statements about folks and what they choose, because you think one way.

Have a good one.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's because they anchored you to the look of 37's with the sweet donut door, cyber orange "concept" vehicle. So now everything else looks too small. Good psychological tactic by Ford.
This!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks awesome! But I urge everyone who is thinking of going Sasquatch and is on the fence to check out a Wrangler with 35s. Don't just look at it from a far. Go up and stand next to it. If you know someone who has one ask if you can climb in and out a few times. You really need to swing your leg up to get in. From a daily driver practicality stand point you need to ask yourself if you're willing to deal with that each time you drive the vehicle.
Great point! But does it have a grab handle (BD anyway does). That will alleviate most "inconvenience" for me.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because I don't want to go backwards. I bought a n '05 Rubicon in '07. Got Dana 44's, lockers, added a 2" lift and 32's.

I use low range frequently, enhanced ground clearance often, rear locker once in a while, front locker seldom but to be missing any of this with with my new Bronco would be more than I could bear.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this whole purchase even a logical choice. I know it’s not for me, there are many things that make more sense. But, that’s not slowing me down any. Gotta have one, Sasquatch and all.

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I had to have the SAS package too, until I saw the Badlands with out SAS in person. The 33's are enough for me.
Sponsored