Sponsored

Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad?

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was in the Sasquatch camp and thought the 4dr only looks good with Sas. But I’m now coming to my senses and saw pics of the BD on stock steelies w/ 32’s. It’s looks good!! I’m now considering adding 33’s to give it the “look” I want, prob better driving experience on pavement, where it will spend most of its time, and still be a very capable rig that will take me just about anywhere.

I’m getting a 4 dr BD which comes with the rear locker. I’m not going rock crawling, but def plan on going off roading when I can and I live in the NE so lots of snow in the winter. So for me...it may make sense to pass on the Sas and maybe spend that savings on something else....new mountain bike??
Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live and play in Colorado - BaseSquatch WILL get a workout...I get all the "hard parts" needed (lockers, winch-ready, lift, tires/wheels) to have fun, wrapped up in a very cool vehicle, for about $40K - No-brainer to me.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because it is sexy AF. Don't worry me and my Mall-squatch CG OBX will be in the parking spot right next to you. Maybe with a cuppa too tree splash mark. (Maybe.)
Figured that the 16 layers of wax would prevent any splash marks... #notJudging

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, because this is how it looks:

1607099981156.png
Gah. Every time I see a Squatch'd 2-door I end up grumbling. It just looks so damn good but for practicality, mounting an RTT and long camping trips with the wives the 4-door will probably win out.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sasquatch allows you to have the largest set of truck nuts on your Bronco without wall knock.

Then after a long day of off-roading with your best buddies you can all gather around the fire and whip out the ol' tape measure to see who has the longest, girthiest, hairiest..... wheelbase.

Just remember, there's always that one guy who's going to put you to shame.

Ford Bronco Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad? CalmMaleAmberpenshell-size_restricted[1]

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sasquatch allows you to have the largest set of truck nuts on your Bronco without wall knock.

Then after a long day of off-roading with your best buddies you can all gather around the fire and whip out the ol' tape measure to see who has the longest, girthiest, hairiest..... wheelbase.

Just remember, there's always that one guy who's going to put you to shame.

Ford Bronco Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad? CalmMaleAmberpenshell-size_restricted[1]
And that person has a rope named Yankum.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the Sasquatch camp and thought the 4dr only looks good with Sas. But I’m now coming to my senses and saw pics of the BD on stock steelies w/ 32’s. It’s looks good!! I’m now considering adding 33’s to give it the “look” I want, prob better driving experience on pavement, where it will spend most of its time, and still be a very capable rig that will take me just about anywhere.

I’m getting a 4 dr BD which comes with the rear locker. I’m not going rock crawling, but def plan on going off roading when I can and I live in the NE so lots of snow in the winter. So for me...it may make sense to pass on the Sas and maybe spend that savings on something else....new mountain bike??
This is exactly where I’m at

It was a must for me to get Sasquatch but I think going with a 4 door BD with steelies and upgrading the tires to 33s gives me the looks and capabilities I need and still allows me a few accessories I want like a RTT and slide out tailgate whenever it becomes available

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Figured that the 16 layers of wax would prevent any splash marks... #notJudging
I swamped two Jeeps already, this Bronco is gonna be my old man midlife crisis, wife won't let me get a Mustang vehicle.

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks awesome! But I urge everyone who is thinking of going Sasquatch and is on the fence to check out a Wrangler with 35s. Don't just look at it from a far. Go up and stand next to it. If you know someone who has one ask if you can climb in and out a few times. You really need to swing your leg up to get in. From a daily driver practicality stand point you need to ask yourself if you're willing to deal with that each time you drive the vehicle.
I have thought about this a lot... Here is my solution:
Ford Bronco Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad? rock-the-nation-kiss-starchild-boots

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad even though I know I will never use its capabilities. I guess I can’t say never, but almost never.

Anyone else feel that same way?
It gives an image of adventure/excitement, even if the owner might not in reality be up for it. That's really what Ford marketing is selling. That's why my buddy bought a fully loaded Rubicon to drive to the grocery store, lol. But I'd strongly encourage owners to take some risk and have some real adventure with the rigs. Life is short and the Walter Mitty thing is boring. Put some dents in the skid plates!

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It gives an image of adventure/excitement, even if the owner might not in reality be up for it. That's really what Ford marketing is selling. That's why my buddy bought a fully loaded Rubicon to drive to the grocery store, lol. But I'd strongly encourage owners to take some risk and have some real adventure with the rigs. Life is short and the Walter Mitty thing is boring. Put some dents in the skid plates!
You just gave me a slight bit of anxiety thinking about my baby getting dented up. There will be a time but it may take me a few years before pushing it to a point where I won't be concerned about some dents. Even in the skid plates.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do I want the Sasquatch package so bad even though I know I will never use its capabilities. I guess I can’t say never, but almost never.

Anyone else feel that same way?
if you'll never use, why buy it...also...check prices on replacing those tires. If you're not going to use Saq, you'll dole out a lot of money on the rubber. that's my one cent worth anyway
Sponsored