First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where did you get your trail sights from?
They are the Mabett Trail Sight Lights, but they are out of stock right now, as happens with most of their new releases these days!

They should be back in stock in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whichever
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? Screenshot_20230315-071108_Gallery
Bronco anyone chooses is awesome. For me, l wanted the 12in screen, MGV or in my case leather and when l saw the blue interior l was sold. I never thought I'd get a car with blue interior but was all in after l saw it in person. The OBX may not be as capable as a Badlands, Wildtrack etc, but it can still go over most terrain without much trouble. I added 33''s before picking it up and really like it with the stock wheels. Anyways, one model isn't better then another-it's just personal and for me, this was the one.
Enjoy everyone....

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like most have said, I love the Roast Leather interior. The 18" Bridgestone Duelers do look silly on a Bronco (IMHO), but swapping in a set of Wildtrak Wheels really finished the look for me!

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? Bronco Glamour

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I decided to stick with my WT and was built 3/21. Glad I didn't settle.
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? Bronco Glamour
If the WildTrak is turn-key everything you want, it's hard to beat the value (and the fact that it is all under factory warranty).

Totally understand, but I tend to do all my own work. $20k will buy a whole ton of upgrades.

This is actually my girlfriend's Bronco, and the only reason she was holding out for the WildTrak was the seats to be honest (which aren't even as nice as the OBX seats). I promised to get her the Bronco embroidered into the head rests and to retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control, and that's all she really wanted from the WildTrak Lux vs the OBX High package. She will do fine with me putting in a suspension, steering rack, with rims and tires later. I also have a spare FDU and 4.7 gears if she really wants to get crazy with it later.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That would've been great. Offer 2 trims. First trim is Base but offer every package/accessory a la carte. That way you can get everything you want and nothing you'd never use. Second trim is fully loaded wildtrak. Would save money instead of adding everything a la carte. It would be a logistics and production nightmare for Ford though, too many unique custom orders

What you have basically looks like a sasquatch outer banks though with the bigger wheels and tires. I believe this is what the original commenter was referring to by a non-sasquatch outer banks looking "pedestrian". Imo it looks like a school bus lol 🤢

7EB80BE7-F1D5-4091-B996-9DD13F3C2BA5.jpeg
No, it's a non-sasquatch OBX
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? received_1670734536661668

before
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? received_233184485644998

After

Same vehicle, different rims. Yes, I have made a few other upgrades since then.

I have 2 sets of the factory tires and rims for commuting. They are quiet and help get great mileage. Plus they are super cheap!

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stock from the factory is pedestrian is what I stated. Once you install a lift and and increase the tire size it no longer is pedestrian. Never said it wasn’t as capable as any other model, just pointed out that one either options the Sasquatch or pays for aftermarket to make the OBX a stunner. I have always said if the OBX model fit my required usage. The interior options are what I did not like. In my case doing the math the Bad Lands had the features and the look . Enjoy your sweet ride.
No lift on that one and it's just different rims and 33" tires.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do the painted fenders hold up with those tires? I can’t wait to get my OBX, but my favorite thing about the Big Bend I have now is my 35’s. Really thinking about switching the wheels and tires out when it comes in, but the last thing I want to do is chip the paint on the fenders on day 1.
Appreciate your input- thanks!
They have held up amazingly well. I am actually somewhat shocked. I didn't really want painted flares etc.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMO the roast leather is the best looking leather option in any of the Bronco trims. My sister has a OBX that's not Sasquatch. For her she's driving to and from work etc. It's not an offroading vehicle.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, it's a non-sasquatch OBX

before

After

Same vehicle, different rims. Yes, I have made a few other upgrades since then.

I have 2 sets of the factory tires and rims for commuting. They are quiet and help get great mileage. Plus they are super cheap!
Semantics. Yes it's non-sasquatch but it does not look anything like the picture I showed you can't deny it

garyseven

Outer Banks
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I choose to order my 21 Lux Outerbanks Sasquatch because of the roast leather, painted handles and mirrors.

I added standard painted Outerbanks flares and I love it!

Those wheels are freakin awesome….

Sponsored

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with obx just cause it was in-between of the models

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because it looks great and for many, many buyers, it suits their needs. Not everyone is an off-roader.

wiingnut

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F-350 , '19 Mustang GT , '22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OBX allowed us to get an interior that wasn't all black, grey, or tan. The last umteen vehicles I've owned have been all of the above. We went with the navy pier leather. Even though I go off-road, I won't be doing anything too extreme, therefore, I didn't feel the Badlands was needed. I was able to get the sasquatch, and the wife got a few creature comforts. I'm very happy with my decision overall. The only thing I dislike is the carpet. Personally, I was surprised the all models of the Bronco didn't come standard with the rubber floor.