Sponsored

Wildtrak vs. Badlands.. (Post Pricing survey).. Which one works better for your lifestyle? Why?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure I'm understanding your questions above... Wildtrak still has a 4 auto / 4 high / 4 Low transfer case... Wildtrak does not have the rock crawl goat mode. To be honest, I couldn't give two craps about goat modes because they are something I would never use when off roading. If you've got rocks to maneuver, stick it on 4 Low and maybe lock a diff and be on your way.

There is only one GOAT Mode actually, that I do want, and that is sport. I use sport mode on all my auto transmission cars while driving around town, and the bronco with a 10 speed will definitely need it I think. Actually a huge drawback for the Badlands IMO because it doesn't have it.
Canā€™t you put a Badlands in Baja and manually switch it to 2H to get to Sport mode? Seems easy enough to get around it. I wish they had offered Sport on it though, but not a deal breaker unless it doesnā€™t allow the manual change to 2H.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife is reverse...set on BL w/ 2.7, auto, but does NOT want the washout interior and sheā€™ll have more need for the rock crawl mode & front disconnect than the sport mode. Sure is my f150 w/ the 3.5EB
/10 speed quicker with the sport mode-yes, but in regular mode it still flat out hauls a**.

my biggest dilemma is, is the 4.70 gearing worth going to sasquatch for knowing that Iā€™ll be swapping out the squatch wheels/tires for aftermarket ones day 1.

Crowleyman

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Durango
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I needed to choose today, itā€™d be WT. You get SAS and the 2.7 standard. Itā€™s tough saying thereā€™s ā€œvalueā€ in a $50K truck, but between the two, I see more value in the WT due to the standard options in the trim vs. optional adds in the BL.

Reactions: RLW

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the east: no open Baja-like land within an easy drive, and snow.

BL choice was easy for us.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ran this thru one of the survey price spreadsheets... And still Badlands wins, but the way I have it spec'd, it's about $500 more... And this is keeping the 2.0L engine (which is fine for the 2 door, and with the much smaller fuel tank, the V6 just doesn't make sense)
High package
Squatch
Mod top
10Sp
Roof rails
If Squatch is available with MT when my build is due, I may consider it.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife is reverse...set on BL w/ 2.7, auto, but does NOT want the washout interior and sheā€™ll have more need for the rock crawl mode & front disconnect than the sport mode. Sure is my f150 w/ the 3.5EB
/10 speed quicker with the sport mode-yes, but in regular mode it still flat out hauls a**.

my biggest dilemma is, is the 4.70 gearing worth going to sasquatch for knowing that Iā€™ll be swapping out the squatch wheels/tires for aftermarket ones day 1.
Badlands has the same 4.7 as Sasquatch. The Advnaced 4x4 is probably more important. See table.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak vs. Badlands.. (Post Pricing survey).. Which one works better for your lifestyle? Why? bronco gears

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Canā€™t you put a Badlands in Baja and manually switch it to 2H to get to Sport mode? Seems easy enough to get around it. I wish they had offered Sport on it though, but not a deal breaker unless it doesnā€™t allow the manual change to 2H.
I was wondering this also. A few months back, someone suggested in another thread that it wouldn't be a good idea to use Baja on pavement. Curious to know for sure. Maybe someone with more knowledge can elaborate on the why.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Different strokes for different folks. In this case different modes for different folks.
Good to hear people are using the different modes. My lazy butt will probably have it in normal mode all the time.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands has the same 4.7 as Sasquatch. The Advnaced 4x4 is probably more important. See table.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak vs. Badlands.. (Post Pricing survey).. Which one works better for your lifestyle? Why? bronco gears
Look again at the chart...he said he is getting the auto, so regular Badlands without Sas gets 4.46 gears in the rear.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bronco gears.png
Sorry I meant if I got the BL with sasquatch or without knowing that if be replacing the wheels. Only thing Id gain w/ squatch is the 4.70 gearing. Im getting the auto not manual.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi everyone,
Well, if you are anything like me, you keeping going back and forth between Wildtrak and Badlands. Crazy!! I feel like I change my mind daily. I do not think it is a easy choice because the way ford set-up the trim options. For example, I know they say if you plan not to do rock climbing much and you want off-road speed go with WT or ...and BL for Climbing. IT IS NOT THAT EASY AND HERE IS AN EXAMPLE:

1. 33ā€ A-T tires work better on the road, however I do not rock climb.
2. I do not like carpet or cloth but I like the SPORT MODE!!
3. I love Baja running, but I have to pull my Bronco with my RV.. Tires 33ā€ better then 35ā€ for pulling.
4. I do not need the extra armor around the car / disconnect, but I love the look and metal for after market stuff.

THIS IS WHY I KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH.. CAN you guys relate??? If so Why.. FYI: Today at 3:43 p.m. I would order BL. Lol
Right there with you!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Upgrade to leather on Badlands and bye bye to the washout interior. Perfect option for your wife
Sponsored