Sponsored

Wildtrak vs. Badlands.. (Post Pricing survey).. Which one works better for your lifestyle? Why?

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was also hung up on sport mode from the wildtrak but the reviews of the vinyl this week kept me in the badlands camp. I also think having a missing hero switch (sway bar) on the dash would drive me nuts.
Sponsored

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a Wildtrak reserved and now may switch to Badlands/Sasquatch at order time. We have a dog who would be in the Bronco and the vinyl/no carpet of the Badlands seems like the better choice there because she's a shedder. Problem is we'd never use the rock crawling capability of the Badlands. Then again, I don't have any deserts to fly through in Illinois either. We could drop down to Black Diamond but then would be forced to forgo things we really want (High Package, signature LEDs, etc.). Hopefully, the build and price can make choices easier to navigate since perhaps some options will be a la carte. We just don't know at this point. I do know that as a 4Runner TRD Pro owner, the Softex material on the seats holds up better than the genuine leather on the Limited based on looking at the bolsters at the last auto show I attended. After thousands of butts slid in and out of a Limited with leather vs. a TRD Off Road with Softex, the Softex still looked brand new vs. the leather, which had noticeable wear.

Last edited:

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a FE on reserve. But will probably be going Wildtrak due to FE blue interior The setup on the Wildtrak works well for me. I like all the options and don't plan on rock climbing so no need for disconnect. Sounds like Badlands options works better for you and wouldn't worry about Sport Mode. As I've had vehicle before with different driving modes, after a few weeks the novelty of playing around with the modes wears off and I just kept it in normal drive mode.
I also have an FE reservation but canā€™t imagine paying 60k+ For a truck with blue interior and a limited number of exterior colors. Iā€™m not a collector so why compromise? Unfortunately Iā€™ll be going with WT with Lux and a few upgrades knowing the resale value will not compare to the FE. ?ā€ā™‚

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry I meant if I got the BL with sasquatch or without knowing that if be replacing the wheels. Only thing Id gain w/ squatch is the 4.70 gearing. Im getting the auto not manual.
Its worth the upgrade IF you plan to put 35s on it later.

From what we know so far the Squatch on a BL will add:
- Factory bead lock capable wheels
- 35s
- slightly different suspension with a little more lift to fully clear 35s
- 4.71 gears
- Bigger fender flares (Iā€™d rather not have these)

All of that for $2,500 is quite a deal. Just basic wheels and 35s alone will run you about $3,000 unless you go really cheap quality/brand.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its worth the upgrade IF you plan to put 35s on it later.

From what we know so far the Squatch on a BL will add:
- Factory bead lock capable wheels
- 35s
- slightly different suspension with a little more lift to fully clear 35s
- 4.71 gears
- Bigger fender flares (Iā€™d rather not have these)

All of that for $2,500 is quite a deal. Just basic wheels and 35s alone will run you about $3,000 unless you go really cheap quality/brand.
Yeah I figure the news wheels & tires will run 2700-2800 and Iā€™ll recoup some of the $ back anyways from the sasquatch wheels/tires.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say something here, no offense to anyone posting, but in the Off Road modding world, and forgive me if anyone has mentioned this before, but a SAS is a Solid Axle Swap from an IFS. It's driving me NUTS when I see this. I wish it would just be spelled out or something like SQ or whatever. Rant over :)

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my biggest dilemma is, is the 4.70 gearing worth going to sasquatch for knowing that Iā€™ll be swapping out the squatch wheels/tires for aftermarket ones day 1.
I totally plan on pulling originals and selling them regardless.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am completely torn between the two. I reserved a WT and I'm selling my Rubicon which I do some crawling with. I like to go fast so the WT appeals to me, but why should I have to sacrifice the disconnect? I feel like it should be offered as an add on across the board. I roll 35s on my F-350 and my Jeep, so thinking that 35s aren't daily capable is complete fodder. Sasquatch a must, 2.7 as well, but do I want to step down to BL for simply having disconnect.. I don't know.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am completely torn between the two. I reserved a WT and I'm selling my Rubicon which I do some crawling with. I like to go fast so the WT appeals to me, but why should I have to sacrifice the disconnect? I feel like it should be offered as an add on across the board. I roll 35s on my F-350 and my Jeep, so thinking that 35s aren't daily capable is complete fodder. Sasquatch a must, 2.7 as well, but do I want to step down to BL for simply having disconnect.. I don't know.
From what you are saying, BL for sure. It has Baja mode, disconnect and pretty good tires already. Remember, you can always upgrade your BL trim to WT style but you can not go the other way once you commit. Good luck!

Sponsored

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

could you theoretically manually disconnect the sway bar on the Wildtrack? waiting on the build and price to make the final decisions. I dont know too much if any about disconnecting a sway bar. i dont see that as a must have especially if you can manually disconnect it. does anyone know if you can disconnect it yourself?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only concern I can see is braking performance since you have more rotational mass and unsprung weight.
Since the SAS is offered on all models I would suspect that they designed the braking power with the 35"s in mind. So you won't necessarily have "worse" performance from them but rather "better" performance from all of the other sizes. Po-tay-to vs. po-tah-to I understand but trying to convince myself that I do or do not want SAS.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

could you theoretically manually disconnect the sway bar on the Wildtrack? waiting on the build and price to make the final decisions. I dont know too much if any about disconnecting a sway bar. i dont see that as a must have especially if you can manually disconnect it. does anyone know if you can disconnect it yourself?
It should be fairly easy to disconnect with a wrench. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Sounds like you'd be better off in a Badlands. Sasquatch aside, the WT doesn't offer anything mechanically that's not on a Badlands.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what you are saying, BL for sure. It has Baja mode, disconnect and pretty good tires already. Remember, you can always upgrade your BL trim to WT style but you can not go the other way once you commit. Good luck!
I think that is the way I'm going to have to go. Everything seems to be pointing me that way. I guess we will wait for B & P and go from there. Not gonna fork out all that money and not get exactly what I want.

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought I read that the washout interior was under the carpet in the WildTrak. I could be mistaken.
No, not exactly. The floor board template should be the same. There will probably be the same pattern and area where we can tap and die a plug, for cheap should a WT own want to waterize their floor.
Sponsored