Sponsored

Wildtrak vs. Badlands.. (Post Pricing survey).. Which one works better for your lifestyle? Why?

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone,
Well, if you are anything like me, you keeping going back and forth between Wildtrak and Badlands. Crazy!! I feel like I change my mind daily. I do not think it is a easy choice because the way ford set-up the trim options. For example, I know they say if you plan not to do rock climbing much and you want off-road speed go with WT or ...and BL for Climbing. IT IS NOT THAT EASY AND HERE IS AN EXAMPLE:

1. 33” A-T tires work better on the road, however I do not rock climb.
2. I do not like carpet or cloth but I like the SPORT MODE!!
3. I love Baja running, but I have to pull my Bronco with my RV.. Tires 33” better then 35” for pulling.
4. I do not need the extra armor around the car / disconnect, but I love the look and metal for after market stuff.

THIS IS WHY I KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH.. CAN you guys relate??? If so Why.. FYI: Today at 3:43 p.m. I would order BL. Lol
Sponsored

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a proper gear box so I'm going BL with the 7sp and possibly throw on bigger tires. That said, if I was going to go Sasquatch and I were between these two, I'd go Wildtrack. It would be the cheaper of the two at that point as well. Please understand that none of this is final :ROFLMAO:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't put too much stock into sport mode. It's not like the wildtrak has more horsepower or anything.

I feel like you can Baja run a Badlands but can't rock crawl a wildtrak.

It's it a few thousand dollar difference on a $50k car.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't put too much stock into sport mode. It's not like the wildtrak has more horsepower or anything.

Good point.. My thinking as well ...Scale tipping in favor of BL. Lol

Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought I read that the washout interior was under the carpet in the WildTrak. I could be mistaken.

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty sure they're just settings that control the TC, ABS, Suspension, throttle input, steering, etc, to get all the electronics to not wig out from the various types of traction needed. Would be interested on more description as well for what specifically each mode does.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In fact Wildtrak does have more horsepower than a regular Badlands. Wildtrak comes standard with 2.7 while Badlands is 2.3. Your other point is spot on though.

Golden_Oryx

First Edition
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Patrol
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi everyone,
Well, if you are anything like me, you keeping going back and forth between Wildtrak and Badlands. Crazy!! I feel like I change my mind daily. I do not think it is a easy choice because the way ford set-up the trim options. For example, I know they say if you plan not to do rock climbing much and you want off-road speed go with WT or ...and BL for Climbing. IT IS NOT THAT EASY AND HERE IS AN EXAMPLE:

1. 33” A-T tires work better on the road, however I do not rock climb.
2. I do not like carpet or cloth but I like the SPORT MODE!!
3. I love Baja running, but I have to pull my Bronco with my RV.. Tires 33” better then 35” for pulling.
4. I do not need the extra armor around the car / disconnect, but I love the look and metal for after market stuff.

THIS IS WHY I KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH.. CAN you guys relate??? If so Why.. FYI: Today at 3:43 p.m. I would order BL. Lol
I keep going back and forth due to rock mode. Would love to pursue the WT; however, Couple of questions here:
1)could someone clarify if WT have a low range Gear option with the 7 modes?

2) Will 4Auto allow me to meet my occasional rock trail driving need?

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a FE on reserve. But will probably be going Wildtrak due to FE blue interior The setup on the Wildtrak works well for me. I like all the options and don't plan on rock climbing so no need for disconnect. Sounds like Badlands options works better for you and wouldn't worry about Sport Mode. As I've had vehicle before with different driving modes, after a few weeks the novelty of playing around with the modes wears off and I just kept it in normal drive mode.

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep going back and forth due to rock mode. Would love to pursue the WT; however, Couple of questions here:
1)could someone clarify if WT have a low range Gear option with the 7 modes?

2) Will 4Auto allow me to meet my occasional rock trail driving need?
I'm not sure I'm understanding your questions above... Wildtrak still has a 4 auto / 4 high / 4 Low transfer case... Wildtrak does not have the rock crawl goat mode. To be honest, I couldn't give two craps about goat modes because they are something I would never use when off roading. If you've got rocks to maneuver, stick it on 4 Low and maybe lock a diff and be on your way.

There is only one GOAT Mode actually, that I do want, and that is sport. I use sport mode on all my auto transmission cars while driving around town, and the bronco with a 10 speed will definitely need it I think. Actually a huge drawback for the Badlands IMO because it doesn't have it.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand the massive amount of concern this board puts on 35” tires. They drive absolutely fine for a daily driver. I have 37’s on my truck right now and it’s fine for daily driving. The only concern I can see is braking performance since you have more rotational mass and unsprung weight. In fact, with the 35’s and 37’s, the Raptor with it’s soft suspension (which I imagine HOSS will be relatively soft) is easily the best road trip and most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned.

I reserved a WildTrak, but I’ll probably go Badlands at this point. I’m 60/40 going for the 2.3 Manual transmission. But it was just revealed, or mentioned, that the Sasquatch does NOT have the same suspension as the Badlands - the shocks on a Sasquatch rig are longer, which makes the Sasquatch package look a little nicer since you can easily fit 35’s. Really hoping their are going to be aftermarket shocks and stuff available pretty quick after launch but that’s where my trouble is. A Sasquatched Badlands will probably be about the same as a Wildtrak and then the only reason for the Badlands is the upgraded skid plates and the swaybar disconnect, which I don’t know how much I would actually use.

I guess in November (lol) when B&P comes out I‘ll be able to make a better informed decision.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I read that the washout interior was under the carpet in the WildTrak. I could be mistaken.
Theoretically it's bare metal under the carpet. They've yet to show how easy (or not) it is to take out the carpet. Hopefully it's like a Jeep and only takes a couple of minutes.

Golden_Oryx

First Edition
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Patrol
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not sure I'm understanding your questions above... Wildtrak still has a 4 auto / 4 high / 4 Low transfer case... Wildtrak does not have the rock crawl goat mode. To be honest, I couldn't give two craps about goat modes because they are something I would never use when off roading. If you've got rocks to maneuver, stick it on 4 Low and maybe lock a diff and be on your way.

There is only one GOAT Mode actually, that I do want, and that is sport. I use sport mode on all my auto transmission cars while driving around town, and the bronco with a 10 speed will definitely need it I think. Actually a huge drawback for the Badlands IMO because it doesn't have it.
?

that’s a great piece of information.

I wasn’t aware of 4lo transfer case being offered in WT.

So the Final verdict - 4 door WT in Carbonized Gray
Sponsored