Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mentioned using chain on the back. Was this a problem with the sas package? Is the suspension stock?

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I noted and wondered that too. I am not the author of the video but you could ask on his Youtube channel.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's take note that he's an influencer--he doesn't say it outright, but he strongly implies BFG gave him the tires to "test." That said, I'll/ probably go to the KO2s when my OEM Goodyears wear down. That's a big difference: some people can afford to swap out their tires and other OEM equipment, either because they have the $$$ or the good graces of a corporate provider. I don't.

Overall, a very hokey, too-cute promotional video. But absent a very persuasive deal or argument, sometime in 2024 I expect to move to KO2s. Right now I'm at 21K and 1 year on the Goodyears, with four flats (3 Utah/maintained dirt roads, 1 Massachusetts/rock trail) and lots of good wear to go. In Goodyear's defense, I had not gotten in the practice of airing down. (I do now, thanks to my ThorsLightning of Colorado setup.)

Last thought: My last ride was a Toyota Sienna with "runflats." I am SOOoooo happy to be free of "dumb-flats!"

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let's take note that he's an influencer--he doesn't say it outright, but he strongly implies BFG gave him the tires to "test." That said, I'll/ probably go to the KO2s when my OEM Goodyears wear down. That's a big difference: some people can afford to swap out their tires and other OEM equipment, either because they have the $$$ or the good graces of a corporate provider. I don't.

Overall, a very hokey, too-cute promotional video. But absent a very persuasive deal or argument, sometime in 2024 I expect to move to KO2s. Right now I'm at 21K and 1 year on the Goodyears, with four flats (3 Utah/maintained dirt roads, 1 Massachusetts/rock trail) and lots of good wear to go. In Goodyear's defense, I had not gotten in the practice of airing down. (I do now, thanks to my ThorsLightning of Colorado setup.)

Last thought: My last ride was a Toyota Sienna with "runflats." I am SOOoooo happy to be free of "dumb-flats!"
I’ve got so many plugs in my Goodyears. I’m a little over a year and multiple flats even when airing down. About the same as my Goodyears on my previous truck.
i had Nittos in the past and never had issues.
A new set of any tires with 35s is an investment so I am trying to get as much life out of my Goodyears as possible.

Sponsored

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience with KOs is that performance was good in the dirt, but longevity was absolute crap. They were off within 20K miles w/ significant wear. I put a set of Nittos on next and no issues...20K miles and still going w/ no end in sight. To be fair, that was my second set of KO2s. The first set was excellent with performance on/off the road and lasted well...not sure what happened on the 2nd set. I've not bought another since. There is too many other options at this stage.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

i street and mud & snow often
my ko were lousy compared to my Goodyear but visa versa on rock so theres your choice

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My experience with KOs is that performance was good in the dirt, but longevity was absolute crap. They were off within 20K miles w/ significant wear. I put a set of Nittos on next, and no issues...20K miles and still going w/ no end in sight. That was my second set of KO2s. The first set was excellent with performance on/off the road and lasted well...not sure what happened on the 2nd set. I've not bought another since. There are too many other options at this stage.
Thanks for giving me anecdotal confirmation about my decision to put a set of "street" tires on for daily driving. I swap in the OEM Badlands wheels and KO2s when going off-roading. My main thought was not wearing down $340 tires for daily driving when I could be wearing down $180 tires. If KO2s have a shorter life, that further supports my decision.

My "street" tires are Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT. I chose them in part because they are 3-peak rated. Certainly not nearly as aggressive as the KO2s, but more than capable for all street conditions.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's take note that he's an influencer--he doesn't say it outright, but he strongly implies BFG gave him the tires to "test."
OH, he more than strongly implies! đź’€

"Jeff said, 'Why don't you talk to the BFG people, maybe they'll send you some tires?' So I did, and they did!"

Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My experience with KOs is that performance was good in the dirt, but longevity was absolute crap. They were off within 20K miles w/ significant wear. I put a set of Nittos on next and no issues...20K miles and still going w/ no end in sight. To be fair, that was my second set of KO2s. The first set was excellent with performance on/off the road and lasted well...not sure what happened on the 2nd set. I've not bought another since. There is too many other options at this stage.
I put KO2’s on before I even took it home from the dealership. I now have around 11K miles and they still look like new. Ride great, low noise, and decent MPG for a 315.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
My understanding that today, it is super easy to swap out to new tires and wheels if you are getting rid of your Sasquatch stuff. People are hungry for Sasquatch parts to build their own if they couldn't get one. That can pay for half or more of your cost of the new wheels and tires.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That said, I'll/ probably go to the KO2s when my OEM Goodyears wear down. That's a big difference: some people can afford to swap out their tires and other OEM equipment, either because they have the $$$ or the good graces of a corporate provider. I don't.
My problem is that I have nowhere to put the OEM tires if I swap to new ones. I have 10k on my OEM GYs now after 18 months (mostly off road), and I haven't had any issues with it except for 1 large nail that I plugged. Other than that, they ride great on road and off, but I'm mostly traversing dirt, sand, and mud, not so much rock crawling as that's not my cup o' tea. Too much stress and technical skill for me and my FE. :LOL:

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Nittos are impossibly heavy. I wouldn’t put those tires on my bronco if they were free. You loose in MPG, acceleration, suspension department and dozens of pounds of already low payload.

71 lbs for a 35in ridge grappler is ridiculous. That’s a total of 100 lbs over the stock Goodyears of unsprung weight for 5 tires. 10% of my payload on a Lux badlands. What a joke.

15,000 miles of overlanding and off-roading in Utah including lots of 60-70mph desert running, often with heavy load and never had an issues with the Goodyears. Incredible this winter in the snow and this was Utah’s highest snow year ever recorded.

Last, the KO2 are obsolete, KO3 are coming this year and hopefully their weight will be decent.

Last edited:

SlpybearTX

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Race Red Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let's take note that he's an influencer--he doesn't say it outright, but he strongly implies BFG gave him the tires to "test."
Yep. I couldn't make it long through their video. Maybe it's my age, but the whole influencer lifestyle/job just gives me tired head.
Sponsored