Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I’ve been dead set on the 2 door since day one, but i am getting super fed up on waiting. I already gave up wheeling last summer waiting on the Bronco, and I’m not going to do that for another summer.

All this is compounded by the frustration of seeing walk in orders get build dates, and people who reserved after me get scheduled. Said frustration has actually caused me to look at jeeps, and I honestly might like the 4 door wrangler a bit more than the 2 door. (Though the 2 door Bronco is still king).

This got me thinking, maybe switching my order to a 4 door soft top is the right answer. I know after Moab offroadeo that a 4 door will do what I need when wheeling (parts of it better than a 2 door, parts of it worse, but it would still be able to get me everywhere I want to go).

So, anyone got any thoughts on switching at this point, and whether or not it is likely to do anything? I‘ll admit I’m seriously considering a Jeep now too.
Sponsored

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. . been dead set on the 2 door . .

. . frustration of seeing walk in orders get build dates, and people who reserved after me get scheduled . .

you could prob find a 2Dr w some dealer - twice my dealer has called to offer abandoned 2Dr's

the frustration you mention is worst part - everybody would feel more relaxed about waiting in a 'fair' system, but to see walk-in orders from 3-days ago getting build-dates is insulting to all resv holders

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I’ve been dead set on the 2 door since day one, but i am getting super fed up on waiting. I already gave up wheeling last summer waiting on the Bronco, and I’m not going to do that for another summer.

All this is compounded by the frustration of seeing walk in orders get build dates, and people who reserved after me get scheduled. Said frustration has actually caused me to look at jeeps, and I honestly might like the 4 door wrangler a bit more than the 2 door. (Though the 2 door Bronco is still king).

This got me thinking, maybe switching my order to a 4 door soft top is the right answer. I know after Moab offroadeo that a 4 door will do what I need when wheeling (parts of it better than a 2 door, parts of it worse, but it would still be able to get me everywhere I want to go).

So, anyone got any thoughts on switching at this point, and whether or not it is likely to do anything? I‘ll admit I’m seriously considering a Jeep now too.
If you skip out on the 2DR I’ll hunt you down and look you square in the eyes while shaking my head slowly side to side . Just wait, do not compromise, and you will be much happier. I have a 2DR Black Diamond with all the fixings, and my god it is absolutely amazing! Wait. wait. WaIt. WAIT. #wait

OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you skip out on the 2DR I’ll hunt you down and look you square in the eyes while shaking my head slowly side to side . Just wait, do not compromise, and you will be much happier. I have a 2DR Black Diamond with all the fixings, and my god it is absolutely amazing! Wait. wait. WaIt. WAIT. #wait
Unfortunately in another couple months waiting will no longer be an option. I am not willing to spend another summer unable to go the places I want (my current truck won’t fit).

At this point I fully plan on driving a new 4x4 by summer, I’d like it to be a 2 door Bronco, but Ford seems to be actively trying to dissuade early res holders that don’t even have ballpark delivery estimates yet.

Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately in another couple months waiting will no longer be an option. I am not willing to spend another summer unable to go the places I want (my current truck won’t fit).

At this point I fully plan on driving a new 4x4 by summer, I’d like it to be a 2 door Bronco, but Ford seems to be actively trying to dissuade early res holders that don’t even have ballpark delivery estimates yet.
I get it. If your hands are tied, well, your hands are tied. Sounds like the only thing you are anxious for is wheeling, and unless you got a daily beater about to breakdown I’d still hold off. My 2012 Nissan Juke almost didn’t make it to the Nissan dealership to be sold after the year plus of waiting for my Bronco, but still got $4k for her!
I hope you get more clarity on your Bronco, or find something else to satiate your needs while you wait. As I said above, the wait is worth it. My signature tells my waiting story and I wouldn’t change a date looking back.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want a Bronco, wait, if you want a 4 door SUV, switch your order. I guess it just depends on what you’re looking for.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Plus its 3-4K more 4 a 4 door, snd your losing a nice insulated hard top with glass? Windows for a black sail with plastic wrap windows! Cmon don’t cave now!!!
Is it a want? Or a need??

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I agree with MNBigfoot - get a used vehicle and then sell it when your beautiful Bronco comes in. The current market means you'll probably sell it for the exact same price you paid. Basically a free car rental.

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the faith!

First day reservation, order placed January for 2door BL, Lux, hard top, MT, tow (all possible constraints) and it’s NOW ON THE TRAIN TO SC. - just proving patience pays off.
Bronco is meant to be two doored……anything else is settling for less.
What’s your res and order dates?

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my 4 door. Space is king and this thing doesn’t provide much. So I can’t imagine how little space the 2door has. Girls, friends, dogs. All will appreciate the extra room and you can wheel sooner! I mentioned your predicament to a few friends. All said the same thing…..
Ford Bronco Giving up on the 2 door? 1640544532697

Ford Bronco Giving up on the 2 door? 1640544560236

Ford Bronco Giving up on the 2 door? 1640544588577

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make it a game. Keep your res for the 2 door. Make a new order from a dealer with allocation to spare for a 4 door. If the 4 door shows up before summer, great. You can sell it for profit when the 2 door arrives. If the 2 door shows up before summer, even better. If neither show up, buy a jeep and sell it when the 2 door shows.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my 4 door. Space is king and this thing doesn’t provide much. So I can’t imagine how little space the 2door has. Girls, friends, dogs. All will appreciate the extra room and you can wheel sooner! I mentioned your predicament to a few friends. All said the same thing…..

You need a better class of smarter friends 🥴
Sponsored