Bryced15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me the price of my Bronco is already gone up almost $1,800. And personally I think HOSS 3 isn't worth it and is actually a mistake.

I'm sure I'll be a minority in this opinion but....

1) yeah you get steel bumpers, but they're crap. You can't mount a winch to them properly. And the back bumper is nothing special.

2) The front bash plate is eh. And it only works with the crappy front bumper.

3) The new shocks. Really Ford? With all the chips shortages, and the fact that you can't seem to build a Bronco without electrical gremlins, the last thing I want is electronically controlled shocks that have been programmed from your inept tech team.

4) The only thing, and I mean only thing that has any meaningful substance, is the heavier duty steering. But frankly, you can beef up the existing steering for $800.

So do I want to spend $2,500 on top of the already $1,800 increase, just to get better steering components..no thanks.
They aren’t electronically controlled shocks…
Sponsored

TLinn515

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat. Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

May be a dumb question but do the shocks change anything with the ride height or will it be the same as the normal suspension that the wildtrak comes with?

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If 2022.5 price increases are triggered, I will pass.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I asked Mike Levine about this in response to his tweet on HOSS 3.0.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm trying 'catch more flies with honey than vinegar' in my tone...

"Hi Mike. Love the Hoss 3.0 upgrade news. Question: I placed a Wildtrak order at my dealer in October. Not scheduled for production yet. Will upgrading to HOSS 3.0 trigger the 2022.5 MY price increase?"

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed... and I LOVE my WT. My point is, I had to purchase rock-sliders (rails) and steel rear bumper for my WT. With dealer fees and install, that put the total cost of my WT over $60k...
I gotcha’. Aftermarket always inflates build costs. However, if a badlands owner wants to add The equivalent of Hoss 3.0 and improve the appearance by powder coating and plasti-dipping, then that rig will be north of $60k as well.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 289 never made low end torque even close to the 2.7...
Like I was saying. I'm not not much on engineering or a mechanic. But you dont think with a couple of modern day tweaks like high compression, different cam, fuel injection, or direct injection, hotter spark etc... Something like this in a small v-8 wouldn't be able to deliver ??

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this a new option for the 2022 Wildtrak's? Found on Build and Price, and didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 11.07.08 PM.png
just curious, will this make any difference in riding on road too. Also does this have position sensitive dampening like HOSS 4.0

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me the price of my Bronco is already gone up almost $1,800. And personally I think HOSS 3 isn't worth it and is actually a mistake.

I'm sure I'll be a minority in this opinion but....

1) yeah you get steel bumpers, but they're crap. You can't mount a winch to them properly. And the back bumper is nothing special.

2) The front bash plate is eh. And it only works with the crappy front bumper.

3) The new shocks. Really Ford? With all the chips shortages, and the fact that you can't seem to build a Bronco without electrical gremlins, the last thing I want is electronically controlled shocks that have been programmed from your inept tech team.

4) The only thing, and I mean only thing that has any meaningful substance, is the heavier duty steering. But frankly, you can beef up the existing steering for $800.

So do I want to spend $2,500 on top of the already $1,800 increase, just to get better steering components..no thanks.
I know some of the calibration engineers at Ford. They are really smart people who care a lot about what they do. You’d have to have some pretty impressive engineering and programming knowledge/experience to be able to do better than they can. Sometimes deadlines are tight and there just aren’t enough resources. I wouldn’t blame the engineers; Ford doesn’t cut corners there.

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Contacted my Sales rep and asked if he could add the HOSS 3.0 to my Wiltrak build sheet. He called back and stated that he spoke with his Sales manager about adding the package to my order and they both came to the conclusion that it can't be done? Couldn't say why other than the system doesn't show such an option exists. Can anyone chime in and let me know how or what my options are? Will this option not be available until later this year? I placed my original Wildtrak order back in July of 2021. I feel like my dealership doesn't have a clue because my salesman had no idea what I was talking about when I told him I wanted the "HOSS 3.0" 🤔 I don't want to loose my place in line and start over from scratch and have them hit me for some new inflated 2022 price. This should be as easy as adding "running boards" to my order and them sending me a newly altered build sheet with the addition and price change to sign.
I spoke to my dealer today also, HOSS 3.0 isn't in the dealer order system yet

Sponsored

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Were did you guy's see that the hoss3.0 = fox 2.5 shocks? If that way to get the fox 2.5 from the factory that would be cool that what i was going to put on the bronco.
Biggest key difference that I see between the Fox 2.5 that will be offered on the Wild Track then those that are offered on say the Rubicons, TDR Pro is that those are effectively "off the shelf" inventory kinda like retail that are fitted for those 2 models. Now the Wild Track is different, Ford Engineering has their hands all over it, these are built and tuned to Ford specs, whether that is good or bad I suppose could be debated.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like I was saying. I'm not not much on engineering or a mechanic. But you dont think with a couple of modern day tweaks like high compression, different cam, fuel injection, or direct injection, hotter spark etc... Something like this in a small v-8 wouldn't be able to deliver ??
No I personally don't...I think 20lbs of boost beats a few more Cubic Inches hands down...especially now that turbo lag has nearly been completely eliminated!!!. More and more engines are proving this each year. NA V-8s do sound cool, but the torque rise that a turbo provides is unbeatable by (most if not ALL) normally aspirated engines.

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good point. Although, most reservation holders will get their WT at MSRP while there will be relatively few Braptor owners that didn’t pony up a $10k-$25k ADM.
A loaded 2 door wildtrak with the hoss 3.0 is around $60k and a loaded Braptor is around $80k and you have to be lucky to get picked by Ford to get one…so if you got a wildtrak on order without a vin or build date this HOSS 3.0 option is a no brainer. Most of us got price protection so it’s like less than the $60k….

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They aren’t electronically controlled shocks…
Strange. Because the video that I watched shows that little valve the electronically controlled. Maybe it's just because it was a pickup, but they literally had a button on the steering wheel that would change the shocks. It was my understanding that's what put the live in "live" unlike the bilsteins passive.

Live Valve

While these broad internal bypass zones determine the “base level” of damping support, it’s the Live Valve technology that allows more range and precise adjustments as you drive.

The race-proven Live Valve system uses sensors to gather real-time data 500 times a second. Then, the Raptor’s new algorithm interprets data and creates a predictive model based on your current driving style and terrain trajectory.

Last edited:

TRH

Raptor
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A loaded 2 door wildtrak with the hoss 3.0 is around $60k and a loaded Braptor is around $80k and you have to be lucky to get picked by Ford to get one…so if you got a wildtrak on order without a vin or build date this HOSS 3.0 option is a no brainer. Most of us got price protection so it’s like less than the $60k….
100% agree and def want to add to my unscheduled WT build, but I’ve yet to get a straight answer as to whether or not adding HOSS triggers MY 2022.5 pricing. If it does, it becomes like a $5k cost, which isn’t worth it.
Sponsored