First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Y’all funny. You’ve got zero investment in the ADV top, other than your expectations of what you wanted it to be, and now you’re mad at ADV for not fulfilling your fantasy scenario. I’ll say it again, if you don’t like what ADV has presented to you, don’t order one. I’m not.

I also recognize that nobody has to buy a Bronco. Day 1reservation holders still without a Bronco getting way too upset over something they don't even have to deal with if they want to.../s

See how dumb that sounds?
This is different and you know it. Now, if ADV takes all these pre-orders, then it takes them a year before the first one is delivered, then they pile them up in a dirt lot while you wait for another year, while fulfilling new orders that only recently started coming in, then you can make that analogy…
Sponsored

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not going to bash ADV. The products they actually have on the market look really nice.

I'm also not going to buy a hardtop from them, yet.
The deal killers for me are no refunds, no warranty (for a $7k product, really?), and 100% payment upfront with a 5-6 month lead time.
I'm OK with the price (expected a warranty though) and would have purchased if there was a cancellation option.

I think we also have to seriously consider if some of the initial policies are due to high demand (how many clicked on (I'm buying one?) and ADV trying to temper expectations. Not a bad plan at all.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish everyone on here who knows how ADV should run their business would start their own company. Man, we’d have so many high-quality, affordable hard tops to choose from, it would make your head spin! Any takers? 🤔
Actually yes, give me the cool $2M or whatever is needed for the loan and I’ll get it done.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good idea copying Ford as their tops have had no issues...🤔
Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Hardtop.. noise? 1646097255134

Sponsored

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have we got any data on if this thing is going to be quiet as OEM or quieter?
Can’t imagine ordering without this data
I heard the render makes exactly zero decibels of noise. They don’t have a product. Just a JPEG of a CGI top.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really was planning to buy on day 1, but I am too old to be this dumb. No pics of a walk around. No reviews. 7K delivered with my options. Burn me once.....

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to bash ADV. The products they actually have on the market look really nice.

I'm also not going to buy a hardtop from them, yet.
The deal killers for me are no refunds, no warranty (for a $7k product, really?), and 100% payment upfront with a 5-6 month lead time.
I'm OK with the price (expected a warranty though) and would have purchased if there was a cancellation option.

I think we also have to seriously consider if some of the initial policies are due to high demand (how many clicked on (I'm buying one?) and ADV trying to temper expectations. Not a bad plan at all.
seriously! even a 10 dollar walmart wristwatch has a warranty.

Sponsored

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all I got to say is if you want a hardtop this is going to be one really good way to get one. i mean will the hardtop from Ford be any cheaper? Who knows. My guess is yes it probably will be. Personally for me I just dont want to deal with all the hardtop BS from Ford. If they were to open up orders for them you probably wouldnt get yours forever. Most of the 2021's all got soft top to get their vehicle in the first place. I just think it will be easier going through ADV. Is it expensive...YES! I was shocked on the final out the door price with shipping and tax. But ADV makes super good products. They dont have a warranty but they make good stuff. It aint some BS company that just says here you go and hopefully it works out. The fenders they make are super sturdy and everyone that I've seen that has them (not just for Broncos) love them and they last a long time and dont break or cause fitment issues or whatever. Bottom line is i'm happy i ordered one. that was my last big purchase for my bronco and cant wait to get it in August/September.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Way too many red flags here. This has bad idea written all over it. Pay in full up front for a vaporware product? Check. No cancellation? Check. No warranty? Check. Nine month wait with your money held up? Check.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called this from the beginning of their announcement. If a multi Billion dollar company like Ford can successfully produce hardtops in this climate (with years of having the bronco in production) what makes people think this company can produce a better and cheaper product in a year?
Some users told me I was wrong...I'm just glad I listened to my dealer and didn't switch to a soft top. It delayed it a few months but it was better than the options that are out there now.