Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the all in cost Amp included was 385, plus the piece of scrap plastic for mounting? I was wondering why the kit was so expensive, but sounds like it includes the 4 channel amp from Kicker. Thanks for sharing this, great option to have.
That is correct.
Sponsored

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can make a custom bi amp harness for you for the kicker key 200.4
I would definitely like to buy a harness for this. Can I email you or should I just call?

TXArea51

Big Bend
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can make a custom bi amp harness for you for the kicker key 200.4
What’s the kit I need to add an amp and sub. Keeping everything else factory for now. Thanks

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've done plenty of full car stereo installs and wiring harnesses, but hell yes I'd pay $150 extra for a plug&play amp harness.

I upgraded all four 4" speakers in my Bronco, tried several brands of high quality speakers including Polk, Hertz, Focal, etc., and also played with all the known Forscan tweaks. It became pretty obvious the issue wasn't (just) the speakers, but the head unit delivering a terrible signal and clipping badly even at moderate volume levels. A setup like this isn't going to deliver audiophile quality, but should absolutely improve the sound significantly and allow an EQ'ed output at decent volume levels without the garbage distortion the factory head unit puts out when turned up...

Nice job! Just ordered Kit 11.
What speaker brand did you finally put into your Bronco?

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
What speaker brand did you finally put into your Bronco?
I'm running Hertz dcx100.3 in the dash and Polk DB402 in the rear. The Hertz up front are notably better than stock, but as i mentioned, the stock head unit starts clipping so badly at even moderate volume levels it's still not great.

And everything sounds like crap in the rear IMHO regardless of what drivers are used and what Forscan tweaks are made... But improved drivers like the Polks are a little less crappy.

Sponsored

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm running Hertz dcx100.3 in the dash and Polk DB402 in the rear. The Hertz up front are notably better than stock, but as i mentioned, the stock head unit starts clipping so badly at even moderate volume levels it's still not great.

And everything sounds like crap in the rear IMHO regardless of what drivers are used and what Forscan tweaks are made... But improved drivers like the Polks are a little less crappy.
Got it. Thanks.

Pony Collector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So if i buy kit # 18 the key 200.4 is plug and play but the hideaway 8 only needs power and ground ?

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I installed a Kicker Key 200.4 amp in my BaseSquatch today and it made a HUGE difference. It was a straight forward install that took about an hour and a half. The install was made easy because of the harness from plugnplaykits.com. There was no need to cut, splice or drill anything. As you will see in the video below, it litterally was a plug and play operation.

The Kicker Key amp has a build-in automatic DSP that fixes Ford's terrible signal as well as adding 50 watts per channel. The combination is amazing. I have a nice 3 way component speaker set waiting to install in the front and now I'm not even sure I will bother. That is just how big of improvement this is.

I have suspected that Ford is intentionally degrading the sound quality of the base system in an effort to get customers to upgrade to the B&O. These amp and more importantly the smart DSP that is integrated in it really brings the entire stereo to life. Spend you money on this before you spend it on speakers. Good speakers can't fix low power and poor signal.

I put together a quick installation video but wasn't able to show the self tuning step because I needed my phone to play the kicker pink noise DSP turning track. If you want to see that step other installation videos show you how to do that.

Edit: the harness and amp are "Kit 11". Here is the direct link to the bronco kits.
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

honestly, the b&o is crap in comparison to the subaru H&k or the Bose system in a gmc. I’ll be swapping out all components eventually. Sound quality is something I haven’t seen ford do well on. Now, off-roading, I give ‘em a 10.

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered Kit #15! I was extremely disappointed with the factory speakers so I upgraded all speakers to Kicker and although better the system still had no balls so hopefully after this upgrade I will finally be happy with the sound. Thank you plugnplaykits for putting this together!

Last edited:

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Think I’m going with kit 17 and add an amp and sub I like later.

Sponsored
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Taycan RWD, 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Think I’m going with kit 17 and add an amp and sub I like later.
Great find! Just ordered Kit 34. Ordered yesterday and shipped today. I'm just going to add a rear sub. Thoughts on a cool box that is available?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great find! Just ordered Kit 34. Ordered yesterday and shipped today. I'm just going to add a rear sub. Thoughts on a cool box that is available?
No idea. I’m hoping some company produces a better box for the B&O sub location.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I need some help from someone not dumb like me...

So if you got a kit 51. Plug and play dash, kicks and towers all amped and BYO Sub?

All I'm trying to accomplish is amping front/rear and adding a sub.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need some help from someone not dumb like me...

So if you got a kit 51. Plug and play dash, kicks and towers all amped and BYO Sub?

All I'm trying to accomplish is amping front/rear and adding a sub.
That kit is $1200 for an Audio Control 5 channel amp. It’s not as plug and play as the Kicker amp setup and is probably overkill for most people. The Audio Control amp will require power from the battery and a ground to be run for anything to work. I’m probably going with kit 22, the kicker 200.4 and 500.1 for $680 that will accomplish a similar setup. The 200.4 is plug and play, the 500.1 will require battery power and ground when I add a sub. I like the idea of a simple matched setup using the pair of Kicker amps. Option B for me would be kit 16 for $530 with the 200.4 amp and LCI Pro to add a sub later. Adding the 500.1 amp for the extra $150 seems like the better move for me. Assuming I’m happy with the setup I’ll likely buy the same thing for my Lightning when it arrives.

I’m either going to oder a B&O sub or wait for someone else to make a hidden box for that location. There is no room in my 2 door for an exposed sub box.

Last edited:

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That kit is $1200 for an Audio Control 5 channel amp. It’s not as plug and play as the Kicker amp setup and is probably overkill for most people. The Audio Control amp will require power from the battery and a ground to be run for anything to work. I’m probably going with kit 22, the kicker 200.4 and 500.1 for $680 that will accomplish a similar setup. The 200.4 is plug and play, the 500.1 will require battery power and ground when I add a sub. I like the idea of a simple matched setup using the pair of Kicker amps. Option B for me would be kit 16 for $530 with the 200.4 amp and LCI Pro to add a sub later. Adding the 500.1 amp for the extra $150 seems like the better move for me. Assuming I’m happy with the setup I’ll likely buy the same thing for my Lightning when it arrives.

I’m either going to oder a B&O sub or wait for someone else to make a hidden box for that location. There is no room in my 2 door for an exposed sub box.
I’m seriously considering a 6.5” powered bazooka

I’ve liked them in the past and they are durable
Sponsored