Thicky_Vicky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@67BroncoG1 can you post a pic of the key setting you went with?
Sponsored

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what I used. Obviously it was before I equalized the gain. Hopefully you can see the dip switches ok.

Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! IMG_1347

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If anyone needs any help at all choosing a kit or has any questions you can message right through the site or give me a call at 203-889-1843 I’m extremely busy and don’t have too much time to check the forums but I’m willing to help anybody who needs help
Just ordered kit 11. You're not far away in CT...do you do installs too?

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great video op!! Just ordered kit 11, can't wait to hear some sound out of the rear speakers!!
I read on some post that the key amp will fit under the steering column, hoping to mount it there.

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've done plenty of full car stereo installs and wiring harnesses, but hell yes I'd pay $150 extra for a plug&play amp harness.

I upgraded all four 4" speakers in my Bronco, tried several brands of high quality speakers including Polk, Hertz, Focal, etc., and also played with all the known Forscan tweaks. It became pretty obvious the issue wasn't (just) the speakers, but the head unit delivering a terrible signal and clipping badly even at moderate volume levels. A setup like this isn't going to deliver audiophile quality, but should absolutely improve the sound significantly and allow an EQ'ed output at decent volume levels without the garbage distortion the factory head unit puts out when turned up...

Nice job! Just ordered Kit 11.

Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok so question. I have already installed a sub with kicker key 500.1 amp. I tapped into the front kick panel speakers for the input signal. If I do install this kit will I have to mess with my settings I’ve already done on my kicker key sub amp? Since the signal now will be Amplified?

I was going to hold off for a while on amplifying my other speakers but this plug and play kit is tempting since it seems prettt straight forward….My credit card company loves me lately lol.

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great video op!! Just ordered kit 11, can't wait to hear some sound out of the rear speakers!!
I read on some post that the key amp will fit under the steering column, hoping to mount it there.
Now that you mention it, there likely is room under the steering column. That might be an easier place to mount it.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed a Kicker Key 200.4 amp in my BaseSquatch today and it made a HUGE difference. It was a straight forward install that took about an hour and a half. The install was made easy because of the harness from plugnplaykits.com. There was no need to cut, splice or drill anything. As you will see in the video below, it litterally was a plug and play operation.

The Kicker Key amp has a build-in automatic DSP that fixes Ford's terrible signal as well as adding 50 watts per channel. The combination is amazing. I have a nice 3 way component speaker set waiting to install in the front and now I'm not even sure I will bother. That is just how big of improvement this is.

I have suspected that Ford is intentionally degrading the sound quality of the base system in an effort to get customers to upgrade to the B&O. These amp and more importantly the smart DSP that is integrated in it really brings the entire stereo to life. Spend you money on this before you spend it on speakers. Good speakers can't fix low power and poor signal.

I put together a quick installation video but wasn't able to show the self tuning step because I needed my phone to play the kicker pink noise DSP turning track. If you want to see that step other installation videos show you how to do that.

Edit: the harness and amp are "Kit 11". Here is the direct link to the bronco kits.
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

Bronco6g....

Now sold out! LOL!

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct, It was "Kit 11":
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

I really don't have a parts list. Kit 11 comes with the Kicker Key 200.4 amp and plug n play harness. The only other part I used was a scrap of HDPE plastic that I had laying around. That was what I screwed the amp to and then screwed the plastic to the dashboard support.
So the all in cost Amp included was 385, plus the piece of scrap plastic for mounting? I was wondering why the kit was so expensive, but sounds like it includes the 4 channel amp from Kicker. Thanks for sharing this, great option to have.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered a "Kit 14" and looking forward to this setup. I've already replaced the speakers and am looking forward to adding the 200.4 and then later adding a sub. Super excited for this since the base audio just makes me sad.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m seriously considering one of the kits with the 200.4 and a sub amp. After that all I need is new speakers and a sub enclosure to fit where the B&O goes and I’ll be good to go. I’ll at least go with something with the sub output for future expansion.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

before finding this thread I think people were using the 200.4 to power and dsp the kick panel and dash speakers separately. I assume there’s high pass filtering going on between the kick panel and the dash. A little surprised this setup that treats the entire front side as one channel works as well. Also makes me wonder if a component setup for the front would pair nicely
Sponsored