First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Listen I’m not going back and forth with you. NOTHING is wishwashy anymore. There are two separate SSMs in response to oil capacity and dipstick. Case closed. They acknowledged and provided guidance.

Why is that not enough for you?

Nevermind don’t answer. I’m sure I know what you will say.
Bronco owners don't get SSMs.... so as of now as my manual says 7qt 2.7.... and yes 2.3 gets 6.2qt.... so they are saying a 2.3 single turbo is to hold more or the same oil as a TWIN turbo 2.7..... don't believe it..... Ford just looking for a way out on the WRONG dip stick on the 2.7...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco owners don't get SSMs.... so as of now as my manual says 7qt 2.7.... and yes 2.3 gets 6.2qt.... so they are saying a 2.3 single turbo is to hold more or the same oil as a TWIN turbo 2.7..... don't believe it..... Ford just looking for a way out on the WRONG dip stick on the 2.7...
Once again… not sure how many times it really needs to be said.. They’re in the process of correcting all publications. So when they change it to 6 quarts instead of 7, will you magically believe it then?

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We don’t need to. We are not an authorized Ford dealership. Your response is very weak.

Again put in whatever you want. No one cares.

Whether you choose to accept it, it’s been officially responded to by Ford.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once again… not sure how many times it really needs to be said.. They’re in the process of correcting all publications. So when they change it to 6 quarts instead of 7, will you magically believe it then?
Only if they say the 2.3 is to hold 5qt..... 1 less turbo and less lines... if they made a mistake on the 2.7... then they may have made a mistake on the 2.3.... but then they would have to have a recall on the 2.3 dip stick..... so to save money.... just fill it overfull with 6 qt..... Ford's thinking....

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only if they say the 2.3 is to hold 5qt..... 1 less turbo and less lines... if they made a mistake on the 2.7... then they may have made a mistake on the 2.3.... but then they would have to have a recall on the 2.3 dip stick..... so to save money.... just fill it overfull with 6 qt..... Ford's thinking....
You obviously just don't understand and you're logic is extremely flawed. There have been 2.3's and 2.7's in multiple other vehicles for years. Both of which have always taken 6 quarts. Just because an engine is smaller and has one less turbo doesn't mean it cant take the same amount of oil.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You obviously just don't understand. and you're logic is extremely flawed. There have been 2.3's and 2.7's in multiple other vehicles for years. Both of which have always taken 6 quarts. Just because an engine is smaller and has one less turbo doesn't mean it cant take the same amount of oil.
But the Bronco 2.7 is the nano engine not the same as the older 2.7

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But the Bronco 2.7 is the nano engine not the same as the older 2.7
Lol good lord… okay I’m done arguing with you. You clearly think you know it all 🤣 stick with 7 quarts my man, I don’t care.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at the on-line owner's manual under Capacities and Specs, looks like they may be in the process of updating.

Owners Manual up to 06/19/2022:

Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 1.PNG

06/20/2022 and later builds is listed as [Blank]

Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion 2.PNG

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol good lord… okay I’m done arguing with you. You clearly think you know it all 🤣 stick with 7 quarts my man, I don’t care.
As I have stated... 7qt for me.... and by the way... I do know it all... :)

Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of ridiculous rhetoric here…..but it does make for amusing reading.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have always thought part of the problem with the incorrect reading is the fact that the 2.7 has a top mount cartridge filter, which drains back down when the engine is shut off. While running I would imagine the cartridge area holds at least 1/5 quart or more of oil... Just my take.

I know there is a company that makes a spin on filter adapter retrofit for the 2.7

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no skin in this game cause I ordered a 2.3L.

But as someone who usually does his own oil changes, I'm personally following the manual and the dip stick that came with the vehicle. That's all I can be expected to do as a customer. If either of those turn out to be wrong, Ford can issue a recall on the dip stick and update the manual over the air to my vehicle. If they don't and decide to sweep something under the rug (or whatever nonsense they want to try to do)... that's what the warranty is for.

The 2022 manual currently lists 6 qts for the 2.7L... so... that's what I'd be going with if I currently had a 2022 2.7L.

Thanks for the info though @Ducati1098... I admittedly have ignored this topic since I have the 2.3L, but apparently people have gotten super passionate about it. :p
The 2022 Owner's Manual I downloaded from Ford says it is for Vehicles Built Up To 6/19/2022 says 2.7L oil capacity is 7 quarts. There is another manual on the Ford website that says it is for vehicles built from 6/20/2022, all capacities are metric so not sure this the Canadian version but in that copy they specify 6 quarts for the 2.7L. WTF?
Sponsored