Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy smokes. Why do people think they know more than Ford?

Makes absolutely zero sense.

SSM on oil capacity SSM on dipstick. Case closed.

So ridiculous.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol no, none of the incorrect dipsticks came in broncos from the factory. Every bronco has the correct dipstick according to Ford. The raptor dipstick they're talking about was just incorrectly listed in the parts catalog, so if someone ordered a dipstick during that time, they accidently got the raptor one, incorrectly.
Flip is my dealer, he swapped it out under warranty and started all this mess. ;)

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no skin in this game cause I ordered a 2.3L.

But as someone who usually does his own oil changes, I'm personally following the manual and the dip stick that came with the vehicle. That's all I can be expected to do as a customer. If either of those turn out to be wrong, Ford can issue a recall on the dip stick and update the manual over the air to my vehicle. If they don't and decide to sweep something under the rug (or whatever nonsense they want to try to do)... that's what the warranty is for.

The 2022 manual currently lists 6 qts for the 2.7L... so... that's what I'd be going with if I currently had a 2022 2.7L.

Thanks for the info though @Ducati1098... I admittedly have ignored this topic since I have the 2.3L, but apparently people have gotten super passionate about it. :p

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy smokes. Why do people think they know more than Ford?

Makes absolutely zero sense.

SSM on oil capacity SSM on dipstick. Case closed.

So ridiculous.
No idea. Absolutely blows my mind also 🤷‍♂️

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why does the 2.3 hold more oil now than the 2.7 according to Ford.... new SSM... Oh I know.... wrong dip stick in the 2.7

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why does the 2.3 hold more oil now than the 2.7 according to Ford.... new SSM... Oh I know.... wrong dip stick in the 2.7
It doesn't, they both take 6 quarts

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It doesn't, they both take 6 quarts
That's incorrect as the spec for the 2.3L is and was listed as 6.2 quarts vs 7 originally for the 2.7L and now on paper down to 6 or 0.2 quarts less.

the paws

Outer Banks
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They shoulda put in a dry sump system for off road use anyway. I don’t know where the pick up is located, but it seems logical that if you stood it on its head, butt, side, or top, it’d run out of oil pronto.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's incorrect as the spec for the 2.3L is and was listed as 6.2 quarts vs 7 originally for the 2.7L and now on paper down to 6 or 0.2 quarts less.
Are you a Ford engineer and just not telling us?

Dude put in 100 gallons of oil if you would like. No one cares.

Put in your car as much oil and use whatever dipstick you want.

99% of people will go with what the Ford engineers say in updated SSMs.

You speak your opinions as if they are fact. They are not.

Get over yourself.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Workshop manual shows 6 for the 2.3 and 2.7. I have no idea if the 2.3 has been changed, because I never looked at it before now.

Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Workshop manual shows 6 for the 2.3 and 2.7. I have no idea if the 2.3 has been changed, because I never looked at it before now.
They haven't pulled the specifications from the media site for 2022, the oil capacity publicly listed is more than what the service manual would state in that case. So that's another error in oil fill/ service capacity but on a much lower scale than for the 2.7L

Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion Screenshot_20220812-134221_Adobe Acrobat

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flip is my dealer, he swapped it out under warranty and started all this mess. ;)
Flip probably got caught unknowingly by the parts catalog mistake. No fault of his.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you a Ford engineer and just not telling us?

Dude put in 100 gallons of oil if you would like. No one cares.

Put in your car as much oil and use whatever dipstick you want.

99% of people will go with what the Ford engineers say in updated SSMs.

You speak your opinions as if they are fact. They are not.

Get over yourself.
No one is going to put 100 gallons of oil into the engine.

Where I work isn't relevant to this conversation, which was questioning the validity of these conflicting claims and trying to cut though the false information.

But some people only want to do what they are told last, never mind how many conflicts it causes.

Even the ssm that declared the 6 quart service fill is completely wishy-washy about avoiding saying there's something wrong with the old service fill despite it being in conflict with the 6 quart dip stick in the vehicle. If they were supposed to only do 6 quart service fills then they screwed up. None of this is reassuring when they can't even get their messages straight.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They haven't pulled the specifications from the media site for 2022, the oil capacity publicly listed is more than what the service manual would state in that case. So that's another error in oil fill/ service capacity but on a much lower scale than for the 2.7L

Ford Bronco New SSM 51014 released by Ford explaining 2.7 engine dipstick confusion Screenshot_20220812-134221_Adobe Acrobat
This could just be a fat finger incident for all you know. The oil capacity everywhere else is 6 quarts and always has been... workshop manual, owners manual, etc. Either way, its outdated.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No one is going to put 100 gallons of oil into the engine.

Where I work isn't relevant to this conversation, which was questioning the validity of these conflicting claims and trying to cut though the false information.

But some people only want to do what they are told last, never mind how many conflicts it causes.

Even the ssm that declared the 6 quart service fill is completely wishy-washy about avoiding saying there's something wrong with the old service fill despite it being in conflict with the 6 quart dip stick in the vehicle. If they were supposed to only do 6 quart service fills then they screwed up. None of this is reassuring when they can't even get their messages straight.
Listen I’m not going back and forth with you. NOTHING is wishwashy anymore. There are two separate SSMs in response to oil capacity and dipstick. Case closed. They acknowledged and provided guidance.

Why is that not enough for you?

Nevermind don’t answer. I’m sure I know what you will say.
Sponsored