Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should carry a small shovel and traction boards with you at the very least if you don't plan on airing down and aren't going with someone who has a winch to get you out if stuck.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let's make this a little more clear, Pismo is not a normal beach... It is a place kids go to ride. There are little circle tracks all over. You will be slamming on your brakes to avoid people do 60mph in side by sides. It is crowded and torn up...

I strongly suggest not camping, unless your inside a camper.

I had a drunk kid hit the side of my truck with a quad, I have had my tents run over and I have taken people to the hospital who have rolled vehicles.

It's fun and a great place to go during the week and from 9am to 3pm. After that it can be a party! Lot of us support keeping it open, keep safe and watch out!

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd get a tire gauge, go to a Chevron where, at least here in Utah, they all offer free air, then practice airing down and back up again with the spare tire.

Your tire is probably in the 35-40psi range from the factory if not more. Check the air pressure before you do anything, then let air out of your tire to bring it down 5psi (e.g. bring it down to 35psi). Then use the Chevron air hose and inflate the tire back up 5psi, then practice airing down 10psi, then inflating back up 10psi and so on. Keep doing that until you get a feel for how long it takes to air down the tire to around 20psi which offers plenty of buffer to not screw anything up.

Sometimes the tire gauge will have a button or a depressor that will enable you to let air out at your own pace. Watch Youtube if you need to and don't worry about any danger. As long as you stay between 15 and 40psi, there's nothing to worry about, and that offers tons of buffer to insure you don't damage anything.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love beach driving I air my sas down to like 15 16 psi works great u want to air down to give urself a bigger foot print in sand so u don't sink in and get stuck
U will be fine just inflate back up to what they were before. u can even try it in the drive way if u have a compressor

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG
I'm very much interested in beach driving... never been there nor done that.. only just took delivery of my Bronco last week... but beach driving has been on the "to do" list since we reserved it.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

30 psi will make it easy. Adding weight counteracts the benefits. Use baja - its more fun and engages the camera.

on the compressor- ideally a permanently installed $1,000 ARB.
A nice quick solution is a portable compressor

At a minimum get yourself a tow rope.

If you get stuck just wave down someone and have them pull you out. Most people are happy to help - it’s fun.

I was on Duxbury Beach over the weekend. Honestly the Bronco in Baja mode with the rear locker on is like a cheat code. I used to have an F-350 with 3 men and a bed full of firewood and coolers it was brutal.

If you keep the speed up ~10mph and avoid stopping you will be fine.

some evidence of the weekend:

Ford Bronco Driving in sand? (I’m dumb) FC105435-7393-4C12-8224-46B8F37F3F70
Ford Bronco Driving in sand? (I’m dumb) 9DD51054-4D80-4793-A15B-7587D9B9E289

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Theres a spot in the beach there that gets flooded at high tide lots of people park on both sides and watch the newbies run the gauntlet ,watch the tide.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you telling me that you have never driven a vehicle that airs down it's own tires, forcing you to bring an air compressor with you in the truck in case it is too low to drive when you get out of work while you wait for new tires to arrive during a world-wide pandemic? I cannot comprehend a life such as this.

Sponsored

jatt143

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor, C63s, Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a chance to camp on the beach the weekend. It’s called Oceano Dunes near Pismo in California. You can drive you vehicle right into the beach.

We have a 2021 Bronco Badlands 4-door. I’ve read that you should air down your tires to drive on sand. Is it necessary if I use the Sand mode? I am NOT good with mechanical stuff and would be afraid of damaging my tires or something else airing down then trying to inflate them again. Like pop them or go too low..I can’t exaggerate how mechanically disinclined I am. It is really intimidating, and air pulps also look expensive.

can I drive without airing down, or will I get stuck or cause other problems? It is a regular beach, and I will not go i to the dunes, just the beach front. Thank you for your advice.
if you are not going to the dunes then 4A and let the rig do its thing... no need to air it down and if you plan to hit the dunes air it down to 20-25psi and use your goat mode. there is air-station on the beach (expensive) and off the beach on main st.

I have been going there for a while now plenty of dude's there to help you get out if you do get stuck.
Ford Bronco Driving in sand? (I’m dumb) 1661894035674
Ford Bronco Driving in sand? (I’m dumb) 1661893867092

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm very much interested in beach driving... never been there nor done that.. only just took delivery of my Bronco last week... but beach driving has been on the "to do" list since we reserved it.
I was the same its awesome driving where almost no one else drives having lunch after picking the perfect spot I just wish I could go more often

• Love
Reactions: rws

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

30 psi will make it easy. Adding weight counteracts the benefits. Use baja - its more fun and engages the camera.

on the compressor- ideally a permanently installed $1,000 ARB.
A nice quick solution is a portable compressor

At a minimum get yourself a tow rope.

If you get stuck just wave down someone and have them pull you out. Most people are happy to help - it’s fun.

I was on Duxbury Beach over the weekend. Honestly the Bronco in Baja mode with the rear locker on is like a cheat code. I used to have an F-350 with 3 men and a bed full of firewood and coolers it was brutal.

If you keep the speed up ~10mph and avoid stopping you will be fine.

some evidence of the weekend:

Hey I never saw that beach’s i go all the way to race point

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a chance to camp on the beach the weekend. It’s called Oceano Dunes near Pismo in California. You can drive you vehicle right into the beach.

We have a 2021 Bronco Badlands 4-door. I’ve read that you should air down your tires to drive on sand. Is it necessary if I use the Sand mode? I am NOT good with mechanical stuff and would be afraid of damaging my tires or something else airing down then trying to inflate them again. Like pop them or go too low..I can’t exaggerate how mechanically disinclined I am. It is really intimidating, and air pulps also look expensive.

can I drive without airing down, or will I get stuck or cause other problems? It is a regular beach, and I will not go i to the dunes, just the beach front. Thank you for your advice.
4WD and airing down will be fine and you'll want to do both on the beach. Stay as far away from the water while driving as close to the tide line as possible. There will be other trucks everywhere and if you get stuck someone will help you. That being said, it's also a bit embarrassing getting stuck in a brand new Bronco when you shouldn't so think of it this way.... Airing down gives you tank tracks in the sand vs not airing down is like using pizza cutters to drive on. Air down to 20 PSI and switch to 4WD. If you are averse to anything mechanical, this is basic and once you do it once or twice it is very simple and if you are going off the beaten path a little this basic knowledge goes a long long way.

Arrmjr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beach drove recently at Fort Stevens. I didn't air down but I run my tires are 36ish all the time. Baja and Sand mode both work great! You are gonna love it!

I'm from Longview and love that beach. We usually park in the last lot (driving a Honda Accord until our Badlands is built next month), and walk the water line to the lookout at the jetty, then back on the road to our car. Looking forward to driving on it.
Sponsored