Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered in mid January of this year would that mean I’m protected from both the March increase and the more recent July increase as well?
Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered in mid January of this year would that mean I’m protected from both the March increase and the more recent July increase as well?
If you get a 2022 then you get the price when you ordered it. I haven't seen anything official yet related to Price Protection if you have to reorder a MY23.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, if take delivery of a 2022MY Bronco, you will have retail price protection.

If you get bumped to a 2023MY... we don't know what Ford will do yet. We'll likely find out in the next two weeks what the plan is for 2023 carry-overs.

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Forester, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Super frustrated. I ordered 01/16 this year and then changed my order a few times before submitting final order 02/16 this year. It’s a base with $2k retail price protection. The dealer claimed the zone rep said that as I changed my order between 01/16 and 2/16 I’m not eligible for it. I never changed since that point and way before 3/7 cut off. I’m pretty frustrated and feel taken advantage of. I’m eligible right? I’m going to write an amendment for everyone to sign when I pick it up regarding the $2k to be reimbursed to me if I’m forced to buy at current sticker. Any lawyers wanna draft up a template or suggest language?

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, if take delivery of a 2022MY Bronco, you will have retail price protection.

If you get bumped to a 2023MY... we don't know what Ford will do yet. We'll likely find out in the next two weeks what the plan is for 2023 carry-overs.

From the Ford Bronco FAQ page today:

Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart f8zSyyS

Does that mean all MY22 orders, or only those who made certain changes after March 7?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the Ford Bronco FAQ page today:

Ford Bronco The Ultimate 2022MY PRICE PROTECTION Flowchart f8zSyyS

Does that mean all MY22 orders, or only those who made certain changes after March 7?
There are two camps:
  • Pre-March 19th, 2021 Reservations - You have 2021MY price protection through the end of 2023 regardless of what you do unless you switch to a trim that wasn't available in 2021 (Heritage, Everglades, Raptor, etc.)
  • Post-March 19th, 2021 — You have 2022MY retail price protection (locks you into the original 2022MY pricing) as long as you take delivery of a 2022MY Bronco and you did not change one of the 4 key items on your order after March 7th.

For those in the second group that get bumped to 2023MY, we do not yet fully know what the plan is. Ford has not yet explicitly said what is going to happen for those in the second group. You could get price protection that locks you into 2022MY, or you may have to pay the 2023MY prices.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are two camps:
  • Pre-March 19th, 2021 Reservations - You have 2021MY price protection through the end of 2023 regardless of what you do unless you switch to a trim that wasn't available in 2021 (Heritage, Everglades, Raptor, etc.)
  • Post-March 19th, 2021 — You have 2022MY retail price protection (locks you into the original 2022MY pricing) as long as you take delivery of a 2022MY Bronco and you did not change one of the 4 key items on your order after March 7th.

For those in the second group that get bumped to 2023MY, we do not yet fully know what the plan is. Ford has not yet explicitly said what is going to happen for those in the second group. You could get price protection that locks you into 2022MY, or you may have to pay the 2023MY prices.
Yeah, I understand that, but Ford recently added the MY23 verbiage to it. I was just curious if that meant everyone who placed an order after March 19, 2021 that gets bumped to MY23 pays MY23 MSRP or not.

rkmWFbC.jpg

It's a moot point for me, since I have a VIN, but I'm still curious.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I understand that, but Ford recently added the MY23 verbiage to it. I was just curious if that meant everyone who placed an order after March 19, 2021 that gets bumped to MY23 pays MY23 MSRP or not.
Yeah that verbiage has been there for over a month at this point. And since they didn't explicitly say what will happen it's hard to say.

BUT, based entirely on the FAQ though, all of those folks in the second group that get bumped to 2023MY will have to pay 2023MY pricing.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
BUT, based entirely on the FAQ though, all of those folks in the second group that get bumped to 2023MY will have to pay 2023MY pricing.
Ford only gave special price protection to a select few when we had to reorder for MY22. I missed the cut-off by about 10 days. My wife is still pissed about that $800 price increase. I haven't told her about the BS extra $100 they just tacked onto the delivery fee.

Anyone in "group 2" should be prepared to take it in the shorts on the $2000 mid-year price increase, whatever the MY23 price increase is, as well as whatever they jack the delivery fee up to.

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Super frustrated. I ordered 01/16 this year and then changed my order a few times before submitting final order 02/16 this year. It’s a base with $2k retail price protection. The dealer claimed the zone rep said that as I changed my order between 01/16 and 2/16 I’m not eligible for it. I never changed since that point and way before 3/7 cut off. I’m pretty frustrated and feel taken advantage of. I’m eligible right? I’m going to write an amendment for everyone to sign when I pick it up regarding the $2k to be reimbursed to me if I’m forced to buy at current sticker. Any lawyers wanna draft up a template or suggest language?
I’m eligible right? I went base, base squatch and back to base on 2/15, well before 3/7 cut off. They said the zone rep said that made me ineligible but in my opinion is irrelevant as all changes happened before the 3/7 cut off

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone in "group 2" should be prepared to take it in the shorts on the $2000 mid-year price increase, whatever the MY23 price increase is, as well as whatever they jack the delivery fee up to.
Yeah 100% agreed. It was always my understanding that only those pre-March 19th, 2021 would be provided price protection. Those after that date would be offered the standard retail price protection (which is not unique to Bronco) for mid-year price increases. But if they get bumped to a later model years they’d have to eat those price increases.

BUT, several people in the dealer community believe Ford will provide some level of protection based on what they’ve done in the past, and what they are currently doing for other vehicles such as the Mach-E, Lightning, and Maverick.

So… I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Should find out within the next two weeks or so.

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ended up filing a complaint with Ford Customer Service against the dealer as they agreed I have retail price protection. Will update if this is an effective way as my Bronco comes by end of the week

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
BUT, several people in the dealer community believe Ford will provide some level of protection based on what they’ve done in the past, and what they are currently doing for other vehicles such as the Mach-E, Lightning, and Maverick.

So… I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Should find out within the next two weeks or so.
It would have been a lot cleaner if Ford had simply given price protection to anyone with a reservation who converted to a 2021 order.

I had to use the reservation system. I couldn't just walk in and order. Walk in's opened up months later. Ford built a reservation system, they should honor it. (Bronco, Lightning, Mach-E, or Maverick)

One of my co-workers has a Model Y. Tesla increased prices 5 times between when he reserved and when it arrived. He paid the price at the time of reservation.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended up filing a complaint with Ford Customer Service against the dealer as they agreed I have retail price protection. Will update if this is an effective way as my Bronco comes by end of the week
My dealer told me they will provide the sale price based on my order sheet. I am getting the retail order price protection. I ordered Jan 22.

Scomi21

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer told me they will provide the sale price based on my order sheet. I am getting the retail order price protection. I ordered Jan 22.
Yeah I’ve escalated my heart out. The complaint appears to be working as everyone magically understands now. I.e. GM and Zone Rep
Sponsored